Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's probably an ultra beast

It is ultra ditto and we can finally start breeding Poipole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I don't know how to do screenshots on the 3DS, but here's a crummy phone picture of my Sun trainer being a bad influence on his wrestlecat.

Nice shades. Good job coaching your feline heel.

Check yo' PMs.

FOUR CODES REMAIN
lovely phoneshots of your DS screen are basically what I was expecting for this, so get crackin', goons!

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
The word on the street about Nutboi is that he's a stand-in for Kecleon. Everyone in PoGo has been seeing Nutboi for a half an hour after each region's community day, except a handful of people who are seeing Kecleon instead. All of them are turning into Ditto on capture.

Nutboi is probably supposed to be transparent, the nut being the boundary for eye movement, and the blob just a reference for the body. Probably an invisible Kecleon, using the ditto transformation code when captured to become Kecleon proper.The tail being Kecleon's stripe.

Basically someone merged the dev branch with the production branch for community day.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oyster posted:

The word on the street about Nutboi is that he's a stand-in for Kecleon. Everyone in PoGo has been seeing Nutboi for a half an hour after each region's community day, except a handful of people who are seeing Kecleon instead. All of them are turning into Ditto on capture.

Nutboi is probably supposed to be transparent, the nut being the boundary for eye movement, and the blob just a reference for the body. Probably an invisible Kecleon, using the ditto transformation code when captured to become Kecleon proper.The tail being Kecleon's stripe.

Basically someone merged the dev branch with the production branch for community day.

What :psyduck:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I think I get what they’re going for. Imagine that the grey ditto body and the brown hexagon were invisible, but the pupil and the weird wire-looking tail were visible. Now look at kecleon. I can totally buy that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Schubalts posted:

Only if Dittos transforming get the Ditto face on everything.

I would die for that

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oyster posted:

https://twitter.com/Chrales/status/1043042246415867904

This has already been covered. It's listed under a whole different number from Kecleon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ariong posted:

I think I get what they’re going for. Imagine that the grey ditto body and the brown hexagon were invisible, but the pupil and the weird wire-looking tail were visible. Now look at kecleon. I can totally buy that.

Oh okay, I can see it now too and Niantic forgetting to make the body and nut invisible and accidentally making a new Pokemon wouldn't surprise me becuase Niantic.

The second one here has a blue tail which matches Shiny Kecleon's color.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This has already been covered. It's listed under a whole different number from Kecleon.

Wouldn't be surprised if they can only have one model per Pokemon, so they had to add a whole Dex entry for the invisible version.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Invisible Kecleon could be listed under that number. How are the different forms of Pokemon like Unown or Castform numbered?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I can see what you guys mean, but that seems like a pretty elaborate rig. Especially compared to just, you know, using Kecleon.

Like, couldn't it be a big textureless grey ball, not a fully detailed and polished up nut?

The Bee fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 22, 2018

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Bee posted:

I can see what you guys mean, but that seems like a pretty elaborate rig. Especially compared to just, you know, using Kecleon.

Like, couldn't it be a big textureless grey ball, not a fully detailed and polished up nut?

Someone told someone else to make it and they were being paid by the hour so that's how you get a fully 3d nut instead of a ball

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Look I'm cool with Nutboi regardless, but I'm now more into it not being real because of the comedy aspect of Niantic creating a new Pokemon by accident and incompetence.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
That totally is a Ditto for a body. Weird.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It looks like a placeholder more than anything else.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Niantic of Japan's head of marketing tweeted a picture of nutto so I'm not sure it's a convoluted modeling error.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

Hey thread, happy friday!
:siren: TIME FOR A GIVEAWAY :siren:
This month's first giveaway gimmick comes from Ariong:

I have Lati@s Codes for the first FIVE goons to help put on a thread fashion show.
Show your in-game character's sweet outfit and get an eon dragon.

*Sun will get Latias
*Moon will get Latios
Ultra* will get it at level 100 with a gold bottle cap
Non-Ultra* will get it at level 60 with NOTHING

The colors aren't the highest-quality, but all the elements are present. It took some high-level dye shops to make some of those colors happen.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Gruckles posted:

Niantic of Japan's head of marketing tweeted a picture of nutto so I'm not sure it's a convoluted modeling error.

Attempt at saving face? Makes sense for a Japanese company

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Important update: https://twitter.com/KaraOni1/status/1043608918709035008?s=09

His tail has little wires sticking out, kinda like Xurkitree.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Well that certainly points to it being a real thing, but then seriously why is the body just a straight copy/paste of Ditto? I don’t like it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ariong posted:

why is the body just a straight copy/paste of Ditto?

Maybe an evo like Silvally is to Type: Null

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ariong posted:

Well that certainly points to it being a real thing, but then seriously why is the body just a straight copy/paste of Ditto? I don’t like it.

it's like the alolan forms but for the new region. this is the new ditto

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Obviously they heard how popular those Metal Gear games are, but didn't quite understand it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Solumin posted:

Obviously they heard how popular those Metal Gear games are, but didn't quite understand it.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Can't wait to see how Go players react to these good boys.

assuming the whole thing about them questioning Gen 4 designs was real, anyway.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The thing is also adorably tiny in the overworld. Like, probably the smallest pokemon. I love it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I’m honestly going to be so sad if that adorable nuthead is just a placeholder :(

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Macaluso posted:

I’m honestly going to be so sad if that adorable nuthead is just a placeholder :(

they're letting people catch it officially in pokemon go, right now. ive seen two of them today. its not a placeholder

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sea Lily posted:

they're letting people catch it officially in pokemon go, right now. ive seen two of them today. its not a placeholder

Year but aren’t they all transforming into Ditto?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Whatever the gently caress this thing is, it's the most excited I've been for pokemon in a while (outside of the anime). Some dumb-rear end theories say that this is deffo a new real pokemon because it'd be number 808 and it was shown on the 808th day since pogo came out.

My personal horrible theory is that we are seeing the introduction of pokemon fusions.

Huh. Nutboi's cry is the same file as Kecleon's........ but in a recent update, Kecleon's cry in Go was replaced to a different cry.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 23, 2018

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

All the extra Chikorita that were still on the screen when the community day event ended turned into our little nutboi instead of despawning as they usually do. Most of them were uncatchable and the few that were, in my area at least, did the 'oh!' animation and turned into Ditto while the ones that didn't turn became Chikorita upon capture. Encountering it never counted it as being seen on the pokedex or on the world map either.

Honestly, everything about it screams dummy model but I guess the community is so thirsty for Gen 8 info that it'll latch on to anything.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I feel that even if it is simply a dummy model to test something, what they did today was still a planned event to raise viral awareness for the game or something.

Something that was possibly planned? Not sure why else they would take out Kecleon's cry from the game nine days ago and put in that new sound.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ariong posted:

grey blob got two even length arms, ditto doesnt

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Bongo Bill posted:

The colors aren't the highest-quality, but all the elements are present. It took some high-level dye shops to make some of those colors happen.

I dig the shoes and blue is my favorite color. Check your PMs!

Three codes remain

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

KungFu Grip posted:

grey blob got two even length arms, ditto doesnt

Honestly, it reminds me more of Mimikyu if anything?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

You don't make a model that detailed for a goof.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yeah this ois probably a model of a gen 8 pokemon they'll debut in Let's Go and since Let's Go and Go are supposed to swap pokemon back and forth they have to have it in go and just hosed up and put it out early.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aristide posted:

Honestly, everything about it screams dummy model but I guess the community is so thirsty for Gen 8 info that it'll latch on to anything.

I'm not even thirsty for Gen 8 info, all of my thirst is currently concentrated on Smash reveals and leaks. I just think it's a cute Pokemon

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Here's my girl! She changes outfits pretty regularly, but right now we're going with some fun arbok vibes to celebrate Ekans finally evolving into a big friend. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

FelicityGS posted:

Here's my girl! She changes outfits pretty regularly, but right now we're going with some fun arbok vibes to celebrate Ekans finally evolving into a big friend. :3:

Code sent.
Two codes remain