Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8 then 9 then 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
play 8 before its deleted from existence

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i have it downloaded to my vita

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

i have it downloaded to my vita

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
:aaa:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!
I was going to make a joke, but it turns out FF8 is 19 years old.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

12 is my second favourite

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

All 3 of those games are good times in their own way. Enjoy the games, gamer.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna play XII on switch since it's the only FF game I haven't played, except 11. Although there's a part of me that's afraid to play 12 since it may inadvertently make me actually play 11 at some point bc my brain is wired to finish the fight.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

???

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/1044392586809565184

?????

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're still gonna be adding crap to FFXV in 2022

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol what the hell is even happening in the FFXV Lore anymore. I played Episode Gladiolus and nothing else since launch

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dlc season 2 hasnt even started or had any release details

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

new game mistwalker is doing, Sakaguchis new studio.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Are you in the mood for medieval/steampunk or modern/futuristic?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I tried playing the FFXI free trial recently because my brain was developmentally damaged from playing too much FFXI growing up but thankfully the camera and view angles made me nauseous and I stopped playing before I had any chance to get invested.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There's no reason to play it if you're not nostalgic for it, and even then there's not much reason to play it. It's a completely different game than it was a decade ago anyway.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I'm gonna play XII on switch since it's the only FF game I haven't played, except 11. Although there's a part of me that's afraid to play 12 since it may inadvertently make me actually play 11 at some point bc my brain is wired to finish the fight.

XII is really good imo it just takes a while to get going because it insists on sending you on a bunch of poo poo sidequests before the plot starts

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I got Tidus' ultimate weapon and then looked at what the others needed and said that's it I've had it with you that does it I'm done that's the last straw fnanl fieflasy

Also FF12 was an unworthy successor to the concept of "Vagrant Story and Tactics but as a FF game" but was a perfectly serviceable game sandwiched between alternating layers of poo poo and we got cheated because the dude had a nervous breakdown from a bugfuck bad work environment

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i've never finished 12 b/c i feel like the first 20 hours of it is endless desert and i don't like the gambit system

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

esperterra posted:

i've never finished 12 b/c i feel like the first 20 hours of it is endless desert and i don't like the gambit system

the next 80 hours of it is endless desert and gambit system too

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So I made the right choice.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They should have let you make gambit decks for fast switching between attack and defence.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

esperterra posted:

So I made the right choice.

i believe so .. 12s right at the bottom of my tier list

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I loved xii because I like desert areas in games and I loved the gambit system. The remake makes everything a little more manageable also

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah been thinking of picking up the remaster. Zodiac version makes it so you can get most/all of the gambits right away instead of them being spread thru the game or something? and the job system seems fun.

The repetitive environments and gambits prob won't bug me as much with the fast forward poo poo too

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah you can buy them all in the shops really early on. Job system is fun but in the later game throws the difficulty out a bit because the game wasn’t adjusted for such strong characters.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

?????

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/1044572725468168192

???????

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Customize your Glaive

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thats for the mon hun knock off they put in the game that nobody played I think

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i played it one day and was impressed it had its own plot and voiced cutscenes and then never played it again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Customize your Glaive

Wanting, needing, waiting
For you to customize my Glaive (my Glaive)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

Thats for the mon hun knock off they put in the game that nobody played I think

lmbo I put more hours into Comrades than I did the main game. I think 60??

It was broken as gently caress and took forever to load but I had fun. I should prob see how much they've added to it since launch

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Comrades is a lot of fun but it was either dead from launch or matchmaking was hosed beyond repair so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played it for a few hours but couldn't handle the load times. It's the same reason I preferred to just drive everywhere in the main game instead of fast traveling