Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Because Sony America thought Americans would be confused using a circle for "Confirm". Obviously an "X" makes much more sense for " Yes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am up to Lv8 on my Zelda1 playthrough completely from memory

I think I'm missing one overworld heart container unless there is one to get in death mountain?

Zelda 1 is still a very good game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Al Borland Korn posted:

Because Sony America thought Americans would be confused using a circle for "Confirm". Obviously an "X" makes much more sense for " Yes"

Actually it has to do with hugs and kisses

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I cant find any solid data on if this new super duper samurai warriors game's online is dogshit (3v3 pvp) or what people actually want (real campaign coop)

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I am up to Lv8 on my Zelda1 playthrough completely from memory

I think I'm missing one overworld heart container unless there is one to get in death mountain?

Zelda 1 is still a very good game

I'm gonna get around to that as soon as I clean my plate a little bit. I've never played the original Zelda

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Leal posted:

"Buy smash boxes with Smash Cash and be guaranteed 1 uncommon power up!"

This totally would have happened too in the hypothetical future Smash TV if lootboxes didn't gently caress themselves into becoming verboten.

You could get an epic rare key TO THE PLEASURE-DOME.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pro tip for anyone that found Dark Souls to be a little uncomfortable with joy-cons: Reverse the button mapping for L/ZL and R/ZR. It feels vastly more comfortable to me like that and I’m finding parries easier to pull off with L.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 23, 2018

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm gonna get around to that as soon as I clean my plate a little bit. I've never played the original Zelda

Zelda 1 came with a map so you could take it to school and mark down secrets on your map.woth friends.

Almost every screen has a secret.

I think it's fun if you look up a secrets map!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Zelda 1 came with a map so you could take it to school and mark down secrets on your map.woth friends.

Mmmkay, I will. The first adventure map on Hyrule Warriors actually has secret locations that are faithful to the original

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Played Dark Souls for about 10 minutes and deleted that trash off my system

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Al Borland Korn posted:

Sounds like you totally gave the game a fair chance. :v:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THE loving MOON posted:

Mmmkay, I will. The first adventure map on Hyrule Warriors actually has secret locations that are faithful to the original

Personally I think it's more fun to search for secrets yourself, but it's also a lot more time consuming which was good at the time but I can understand if you want more of a tour of the game rather than spending hours with a candle trying to burn every bush

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Bombadilillo posted:

Tip: Do not draw the level layout for dungeon three.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Personally I think it's more fun to search for secrets yourself, but it's also a lot more time consuming which was good at the time but I can understand if you want more of a tour of the game rather than spending hours with a candle trying to burn every bush

Yeah I'm interested in playing it, but I don't have nostalgia for it. Who knows, I was pleasantly surprised by a few of the games there.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This totally would have happened too in the hypothetical future Smash TV if lootboxes didn't gently caress themselves into becoming verboten.

You could get an epic rare key TO THE PLEASURE-DOME.

Too bad Harry Reid retired, I'd love to see him choke the poo poo out of an EA exec for attempted bribery.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I wish all those Sega Ages games just had an app like the NES games. Also the NeoGeo games

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

gimme
fuckin
ogres
tactics and battle

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1043720372233723905

It's finally coming, probably.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I want the 3DS version. It's got a lot of cool additions, like a 2D sprite mode.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The "S" is for
"s l o w a s s s q u a r e n i x"

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

S stands for "switch dead so what"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

S stands for loading times.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Cephadrome is the worst

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

S stands for "switch dead so what"

I thought it stood for "splatoon 2's online playerbase may have been splintered by the online but ultimately it will survive somehow"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

it stands for soup

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Dead Cells got a patch and things seem to be running smoother.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Junkie Disease posted:

I cant find any solid data on if this new super duper samurai warriors game's online is dogshit (3v3 pvp) or what people actually want (real campaign coop)

FE and Hyrule warriors have 0 online right

It never crossed my mind except I'm borrowing Hyrule Warriors off a friend and another friend with 200 hours in it was like "hey let's play online" and even he didn't know there was literally 0 online in this 2018 multiplayer videogame

What I've seen and heard of DQ11 seems good but I'd really prefer to have it on Switch

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

After never finishing Okami on Wii or PS2, I will finally complete it, 12 years late, on god's perfect console

But goddamn, I forgot how much Issun sucks as a character. Dude talks slow as hell and can't get through a single cutscene with women NPCs without being a perv.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Pro tip for anyone that found Dark Souls to be a little uncomfortable with joy-cons: Reverse the button mapping for L/ZL and R/ZR. It feels vastly more comfortable to me like that and I’m finding parties easier to pull off with L.

Yeah I did this straight away. The default controls are bizarre

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

Why is there a network test for Dark Souls?

Have you honestly not heard about the online component of Souls games in the past decade since they've been coming out?!
Someone posting on a niche games forum?!!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

KingSlime posted:

Did the new dead cells update actually address performance issues? The game ran notably smoother today, it was especially noticeable in stilt village and later areas.

I'll be damned, dead cells owns even harder now

A few small fixes and bugs but they did add the ability to set the fps cap to 30. The big performance patch isnt done yet.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Heath posted:

I want the 3DS version. It's got a lot of cool additions, like a 2D sprite mode.

I was looking forward to the 3DS version the most, I really like how it has practically two versions of the game at the same time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Al Borland Korn posted:

I almost want to agree, but I know I didn't bother to try to really understand it. I don't think I'll buy it Day 1, and if it's being released on cartridge maybe then I'll be it used some day, but I'm in no rush.

The combat reminded me just a bit of what I briefly tried in the Monster Hunter demo, simplistic due to the general limitations of actions but clearly complicated and requiring a high entry for skill level. I just felt like the beginning there throws you in there and is just difficult and I didn't understand what I was doing or really anything. The action didn't feel smooth but rather clunky, contrast that to the fighting in Zelda games which feels very responsive despite having far less actions that can be taken. And lastly it takes just a few seconds to long to load up after every defeat, which in my case were pretty numerous and quick.

Oddly enough I managed HK and Celeste without any issues, but I think it's because the scaling is done really well in those two games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Hamster announced more Arcade Archives titles.

The following are Neo-Geo games:
Puzzle Bobble
Puzzle Bobble 2
The King of Fighters 2001
Zupapa!
3 Count Bout
Pleasure Goal
Savage Reign
Strikers 1945 Plus

The following are not:
ASO
Ninja Kid II
Route-16
Vs. Urban Champion
Athena
Ikari Warriors
Donkey Kong Jr.
Image Fight

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Kins posted:

Vs. Urban Champion

Oh, boy.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

FE and Hyrule warriors have 0 online right

It never crossed my mind except I'm borrowing Hyrule Warriors off a friend and another friend with 200 hours in it was like "hey let's play online" and even he didn't know there was literally 0 online in this 2018 multiplayer videogame

Correct. (For Hyrule Warriors, anyhow -- dunno about FE Warriors.) The Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors had a semi-online component, where you could "help" other people by doing Adventure Mode missions for them. This is missing from the Switch version; there is zero online component.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Have you honestly not heard about the online component of Souls games in the past decade since they've been coming out?!
Someone posting on a niche games forum?!!

I have heard of the online component, and I had never actually seen any gameplay of Dark Souls until I booted it up yesterday

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I appreciate the Dead Cells update allowing you to tone down the screen flash. Teleporting was too bright for me to look at.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Since Monster Hunter released at the end of August it's all I've been playing. Dark Souls has been my favorite game since playing it back in 2011.

I tried the DS test because DS in handheld is my wildest dream. Turns out I hate it in hand held because my hands can only play it on a proper controller after all the hours I played. Also I do a class grip to sprint and control the camera, and I can't do that in hand held mode. Also I keep trying to control it like MH and it didn't work well.

I've been looking forward to buying DS since it was announced, but the controls in hand held felt awful to me, and HH-mode was my only reason for buying it a fourth time.

Back to hunting mons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Waffle! posted:

I appreciate the Dead Cells update allowing you to tone down the screen flash. Teleporting was too bright for me to look at.

I'm getting more and more interested in getting this. I like the idea of possible progression thanks to permanent upgrades (it's what worked well for Rogue Legacy and to a lesser extent Darkest Dungeon), and I think a fun/hard action game is kind of what I'm leaning towards. While it won't rule one out over the other, I'm between this and Hyper Light Drifter, which reminds me of DemonTower in Night in the Woods, which I loved, so I have no doubts I'd probably enjoy Hyper Light.

• Locked thread