Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

The attack on the death star was an attack on a military asset performed under a flag. It was an act of war, not terrorism.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Yeah they called it a "battle station" more than once. They basically sunk a really big aircraft carrier that also had a really big gun.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The twin towers had explosives in them.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/Junihuhn/status/1041313226745630720

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Nebrilos posted:

The attack on the death star was an attack on a military asset performed under a flag. It was an act of war, not terrorism.

Pretty sure if a rebel alliance united under a flag sunk a US aircraft carrier they would be called terrorists

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Samuringa posted:

Pretty sure if a rebel alliance united under a flag sunk a US aircraft carrier they would be called terrorists

You would think

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Good lord.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

right into my fuckin veins

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Greatest Muppet Betrayals of All Time?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mods change my name to Leonard O Dicaprio

Like it's a meme, but the widely accepted response is that they were rich and successful because they invented capitalism and good luck getting anyone to consider otherwise :smith:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/fbnNFlA.gifv

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Hardly a rebel alliance and also clearly an accident. Find a better example.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Ferrule posted:

Hardly a rebel alliance and also clearly an accident. Find a better example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Sumter

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bongo cat's good friends

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

Mods change my name to Leonard O Dicaprio

Like it's a meme, but the widely accepted response is that they were rich and successful because they invented capitalism and good luck getting anyone to consider otherwise :smith:

I think that says all we need to know about capitalism

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

One heckuva an aircraft carrier.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJMK6TTvzR8

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bike tory posted:

People might not want to admit it how we made big bucks with slavery and other poo poo, but it is known. More then a decade ago the then Dutch prime minister made a comment about "how we should be proud, how we should return to that VOC(=Dutch East India Company)-mentality and look across borders!". At which point others pointed out that the VOC was somewhat associated with colonialism and rather violent trades, and other countries might interpret that phrase in a different manner. I think the PM stopped trying to make fetch happen at that point and retired the phrase.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

People might not want to admit it how we made big bucks with slavery and other poo poo, but it is known. More then a decade ago the then Dutch prime minister made a comment about "how we should be proud, how we should return to that VOC(=Dutch East India Company)-mentality and look across borders!". At which point others pointed out that the VOC was somewhat associated with colonialism and rather violent trades, and other countries might interpret that phrase in a different manner. I think the PM stopped trying to make fetch happen at that point and retired the phrase.

I was talking more about historians as a community really, it seems like a particular blind spot even for a lot of left-leaning historians who still fixate on ~capital~ ~lending~ ~innovation~ ~productivity~ etc as the primary driver of Dutch prosperity and not the fact that all of these things were on the backs of huge profits from the VOC colonies.

Anyway some memes

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:bisonyes:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 11:51 on Sep 23, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I can't decide between låmp and lämp.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:discourse:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I had a bigass moth in the shower a while back that freaked me the gently caress out and I'm feeling personally attacked here

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

I can't decide between låmp and lämp.

lämp is too accurate, låmp sounds way more funny

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

lormp vs lermp

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Loving these moth memes

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Phlegmish posted:

Loving these moth memes

I, too, enjoy The Moth Meme Prophecies.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Möth is good

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Have a classic moth meme

Bloody Hedgehog