Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

if Chiitan makes it into the next yakuza game i'm gonna fuckin freak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Interestingly a couple of those are also on the upcoming SNK Classics collection and it seemed like they'd been deliberately avoiding crossover until now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

Is Urban Champion Arcade in any way a good game
haven't played it but it was part of their VS series, which were at best romhacks of NES games, so its probably pretty much the same game

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Sakurazuka posted:

Interestingly a couple of those are also on the upcoming SNK Classics collection and it seemed like they'd been deliberately avoiding crossover until now

Sega Ages Sonic just came out like the same day Sega announced the Genesis collection was coming to Switch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

psychoJ posted:

if Chiitan makes it into the next yakuza game i'm gonna fuckin freak

https://i.giphy.com/media/2viYAM8VSxFj8yANuX/giphy.mp4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I dunno why this popped into my head but I just remembered how in the soul blazer translation they decided to try and make Lisa look less anime in the ending

Japan

US

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That's actually quite interesting. The smaller eyes and larger cheek, nose and mouth area make the second one look older

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

My dude. My absolute dude. Yes, and thank you.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Laura Dern?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iF9LgQ3e7Y

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I completed TMNT! Even though the last level did double down on the lovely camera angles with janky platforming controls. Now I'm switching from one lazy franchise cash-in to another as I swing into Spider-Man 3!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

Where's Urban Champion 2 Nintendo

Are the Urban Champions in Smash

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Oxxidation posted:

jimmy and the pulsating mass

it's a very long jrpg that's chockablock with secrets and bonus items and so on and everyone seems to have just given it a miss

2shy reviewed it and didn't like it on account of "meh" writing and difficulty spikes. Looks like it's trying way too hard to be Earthbound and failing IMO.

edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828221&pagenumber=1165&perpage=40#post488066811

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

In some respects I'm glad there's never going to be another Kid Icarus Uprising because Troy Baker probably costs way too much now compared to what they probably got him for back over half a decade ago.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

In some respects I'm glad there's never going to be another Kid Icarus Uprising because Troy Baker probably costs way too much now compared to what they probably got him for back over half a decade ago.
pyrrhons dead anyway. rip.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Oxxidation posted:

jimmy and the pulsating mass

it's a very long jrpg that's chockablock with secrets and bonus items and so on and everyone seems to have just given it a miss

It reminds me of Citizens of Earth, which was obviously trying to ape some of what made Earthbound funny while having like 70 recruitable characters. It probably wasn’t as long but it was such a niche game that my wife and I got stuck more than once on some obtuse maze or puzzle and there’s weren’t any guides to give us a hint. I think there was one guide that just said “navigate the maze to get to the boss”

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus Christ what a beautiful looking game.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Roth posted:

I started up Banjo Kazooie to take a break from the Halo franchise. Four days into owning an Xbox One and I have yet to play a game made specifically for the Xbone.

good news there are none

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

It reminds me of Citizens of Earth, which was obviously trying to ape some of what made Earthbound funny while having like 70 recruitable characters. It probably wasn’t as long but it was such a niche game that my wife and I got stuck more than once on some obtuse maze or puzzle and there’s weren’t any guides to give us a hint. I think there was one guide that just said “navigate the maze to get to the boss”

What I remember from Citizens of Earth is just how easy it is to sequence break. Like, the game has forms of fast travel that you can unlock relatively early and there isn't really anything preventing you from using the fast travel to get to places earlier than you should. I ended up exploring around and in the process ended up clearing a dungeon backwards.

Eventually I got stuck in some level geometry a little later in the game and I was like "ok nah f this I'm out"

Also it had a really weird decision where it had various things you could do like leaving party members at a school so that they can gain exp or paying for stuff to be delivered to you or something like that, but these things had a timer associated with them. Like, it's a game you have to pay for, but then you see some stuff is just made up of mobile-game-style timers where you're stuck waiting around and the question's pretty much just "why is this here" since there were many better ways imo to handle that kind of situation without implementing mobile game real-time countdowns.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exploded mummy posted:

good news there are none

Can I play the Halos on the PC yet

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

audiences are experiencing exhaustion over the "terminally online" genre

man i don't think you of all people can criticize that

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I know the year still isn't over yet and there's still a handful of games till to come out, including Smash Bros, but Celeste is still the best game of the year in case anyone was wondering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKnwVvXkWq0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I know the year still isn't over yet and there's still a handful of games till to come out, including Smash Bros, but Celeste is still the best game of the year in case anyone was wondering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKnwVvXkWq0

its Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

In Training posted:

its Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

No it’s Celeste

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

It's Celeste.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best game I played in 2018 was probably DDS2 or REO2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's Monster Hunter World

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also Hollow Knight's Switch port but that is cheating

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
It's MHGU. There's no contest because it was canceled when GU launched.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why is troy baker the only va getting paid a decent wage

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Discount Viscount posted:

Also HAMSTER just spilled the beans on some upcoming Arcade Archives releases. I can't read Japanese but using technology and the obvious I was able to discern Donkey Kong Jr., Athena, and Image Fight.

https://twitter.com/HAMSTER_Corp/status/1043760069916020736

It's weird to me that Hamster would choose Athena and Ikari Warriors when SNK is putting out the 40th Anniversary Collection on Switch with similar games. I guess it's good if you don't own a Switch, but still seems a little redundant.

But there's also the case of the Sega Genesis Collection coming out for Switch at the same time M2 is putting out the Sega Ages rereleases.

Edit: gently caress, didn't see this page, I've been beat.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 23, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is it weird that they’d play a trailer in english at a japanese convention

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Considering this is the only voice cast the games gonna have, and how big of a get a new reveal for the next Kojima game is, my guess is that overshadowed the entire trailer having to be subtitled for the local audience.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked bloodborne too, people who work at KojiPro.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

In Training posted:

I liked bloodborne too, people who work at KojiPro.

Looks more like the giant thing at the end of Demon's Souls, really.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

haveblue posted:

Looks more like the giant thing at the end of Demon's Souls, really.

its a gold amygdala

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

It's the Beast God from Princess Mononoke.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

It's kind of refreshing from all the Kingdom Hearts footage they keep showing that's all in japanese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Resident Evil 6 was the first game in the series to have a Japanese dub I believe. Don’t know why Capcom broke their streak, Resi was always meant to feel like a cheap American movie.

• Locked thread