Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I think we can turn this into a PR victory, we just need to show how Patria-powered tracks crush protesters into fine paste without undue suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

throw to first drat IT posted:

I think we can turn this into a PR victory, we just need to show how Patria-powered tracks crush protesters into fine paste without undue suffering.

Chances are SAK will arrange another protest in Senaatintori soon, so maybe?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10410149

:decorum:

The leopards from the Leopards Eating Faces party assure us that they have no intent to eat our faces and it's rude to even suggest it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sulphagnist posted:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10410149

:decorum:

The leopards from the Leopards Eating Faces party assure us that they have no intent to eat our faces and it's rude to even suggest it.

I think they're annoyed the drawing pretty much sums up what's in stake if they succeed in weakening labor protections. But you can always draw the "but muh feels :qq:" card to distract attention, although in this case it might've backfired since now it's getting more publicity than ever. No such thing as bad publicity! :v:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Now Danske Acorn (BF) has thrown the gauntlet: if Soini has to resign, the whole government will be aborted. I'm torn: while nothing fills me with more joy than the prospect of Sipilä et al going to opposition because of some Canadian pro-lifers, I feel sad that realistically this will kill the chance of breakaway votes from NC and CP. CD is assured to back Soini and TF's will choose whatever seems most Chaotic Evil atm so in the end this will be just a big wet fart.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Oh yeah the whole point of this exercise is to force superficially liberal Kokoomus voters to support Soini. That's the best we could ever expect here.

Meanwhile, SAK's top management caved on the ad campaign, which has incensed some of SAK's member unions, which means they'll put even more effort into opposing the bill by direct labour action.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Toivottavasti kukaan teistä ei tarvitse aborttia tällä hallituskaudella :godwinning:

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Tarvitsen Soini-abortin, pikaisesti.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Skanker posted:

Tarvitsen Soini-abortin, pikaisesti.

https://www.ikea.com/fi/fi/catalog/products/10392658/

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

https://www.uusisuomi.fi/kotimaa/259395-sanna-marin-hiiltyi-painoin-ei-eduskunta-vaittaa-toisin

Deep state controls the buttons now.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Here's the censored Fingerpori, fight the power.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

throw to first drat IT posted:

Here's the censored Fingerpori, fight the power.

I mean the wordplay is OK but why didn't the writer use the perv character for having an actual funny context to the joke?

EDIT: Won the vote and still ended up in a slapfight with itself due to a misunderstanding. This loving government:
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005837573.html

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 22, 2018

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
The strip deserved to be removed because the delivery loving sucks

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Yeah it's literally "hey wanna hear a joke? [tells off-colour joke]"

I expect more from Jarla. Like have it be Asko attempting to enter medical school, or something. Look, I figured out a slightly better one in five seconds.

DarkCrawler posted:

EDIT: Won the vote and still ended up in a slapfight with itself due to a misunderstanding. This loving government:
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005837573.html

I mean sure but it won't actually matter, hellworld baby, etc.

I suppose both parties being exposed as utter self-serving frauds is nice but at this point that's not news and Kokoomus voters have already internalized that

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What do you guyes think about the current imminent työmarkkinakriisi? SAK position is hypocritical as they allow vuokratyövoima to be with no protections but threaten action with this. Just another example of how the old labour movement is there to protect the interests of soon to be pensioner baby boomers while letting the precariat languish.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Sipis koittaa saada tännekin jenkkilän mallin at-will employmentia, liittojen toimet ovat mielestäni jopa liian pehmeitä siihen nähden. Vähintään yleislakkoa toivoisin kyllä.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Union leadership is mostly establishment, not counterestablishment. They're not hypocrites, they just have no drive to be more than paper-pushers for their existing membership, especially as the system is geared to make people join unions without them going out there and helping precarious workers unionize. And there don't seem to be all that many union members who are anti-establishment either, they have no use for solidarity until they are personally uncomfortable. Only like the service workers' union, industrial workers' union, transport workers' union and a small bunch of others have enough radicals that demand action on principle, for solidarity reasons, and form the glue between the people who are personally uncomfortable with what's happening. And they're pretty much all in SAK.

Of course even that action is blunted into symbolic stuff whenever possible: protest and demands with no concrete threats to back them up. It's almost like they hype up this overtime prohibition's effectiveness to dissuade their radical members from demanding more too fast. Only the transport workers' union seems to ever issue concrete threats of the "we will bleed the economy to the tune of X million euros a day starting from then-and-then unless we are on the negotiation table" variety. Only people with a counterestablishment mindset can do that, those with an establishment mindset see the flourishing of the economy as sacred, they just think it should flourish *for everyone* unlike the right-wing establishment.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Darkest Auer posted:

Sipis koittaa saada tännekin jenkkilän mallin at-will employmentia, liittojen toimet ovat mielestäni jopa liian pehmeitä siihen nähden. Vähintään yleislakkoa toivoisin kyllä.

No poo poo but miksi ne ei puutu vuokratyövoiman käyttöön? It's blatantly a way to välttää normaaleja sääntöjä työsuhteissa. As long as SAK ei puutu vuokratyöläisten asemaan se on vanhojen jo vakinaisissa työsuhteissa olevien pappojen etujärjestö.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Is this like some clumsy attempt to sealion the discussion into being about how unions are actually bad instead of talking about the fact that the government is trying to destroy the worker protections there are? How about we first stick to keeping the protections we have?

If the government had actually tabled a proposal to extend protections to vuokratyöntekijät and the unions were opposing that, it'd be germane to the current debate. This whole four year period has been about trying to mitigate damage instead of being able to fix pre-existing (and perfectly valid) problems.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
So yeah what do you guys think of yesterdays massive police raid on Airiston Helmi Oy?

Based on what has surfaced in the media at this point, it looks like most of the bureaucrats in western Finland have been bribed by the company.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I vote LA, so no. It''s an opportunity to bring up how the unions are fine with vuokratyöntekijät being left in the cold as long as their regular members fit inside.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Kemper Boyd posted:

So yeah what do you guys think of yesterdays massive police raid on Airiston Helmi Oy?

Based on what has surfaced in the media at this point, it looks like most of the bureaucrats in western Finland have been bribed by the company.

Nice that the cops did something about it I guess?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Kemper Boyd posted:

I still remember the time when if you suggested that Russians sure were buying a lot of mökkitontti in strategically important areas, you were just told to löysää tinfoil hat's hikinauhaa.

Sulphagnist posted:

Is this like some clumsy attempt to sealion the discussion into being about how unions are actually bad instead of talking about the fact that the government is trying to destroy the worker protections there are? How about we first stick to keeping the protections we have?

If the government had actually tabled a proposal to extend protections to vuokratyöntekijät and the unions were opposing that, it'd be germane to the current debate. This whole four year period has been about trying to mitigate damage instead of being able to fix pre-existing (and perfectly valid) problems.

Yeah, vuokratyöläiset should just shut up and sit down and not rock the boat when union benefits are in danger, so that afterwards unions can go back to ignoring them.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Trogdos! posted:

The strip deserved to be removed because the delivery loving sucks

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kemper Boyd posted:

It's interesting how anonymous security sources say Supo and FDF have been following AHOY for a while because they have paid over prices for island properties along strategic waterways and have no business activities. However Mr. Tutkinnanjohtaja denies that KRP is looking at anything else than economic crimes so I guess we won't hear if Putin is building a submarine base in Airisto.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I don't think we will know for some time what the AHOY business was all about until later on. Damned if I would know any better. But that doesn't stop people speculating about little green men stationing in our turf because somehow Putin.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
It would be incredibly naive to think that Putin's Russia doesn't have an interest in influencing and potentially controlling parts of Finland

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Darkest Auer posted:

It would be incredibly naive to think that Putin's Russia doesn't have an interest in influencing and potentially controlling parts of Finland

Sure, but I'm just cautious before jumping to any conclusions. Collecting obsolete military hardware to your private island sounds something a billionaire with too much cash would do, but that's just my take.

Part of my reluctance to paint this as Putin's scheme is that I'm not that convinced of the image of him as a master political technologist, when equally plausible or better explanations exist. Giving too much credit to him is counter-productive IMHO.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Sure, but I'm just cautious before jumping to any conclusions. Collecting obsolete military hardware to your private island sounds something a billionaire with too much cash would do, but that's just my take.

Part of my reluctance to paint this as Putin's scheme is that I'm not that convinced of the image of him as a master political technologist, when equally plausible or better explanations exist. Giving too much credit to him is counter-productive IMHO.

Well sure if you're a completely useless idiot hell fucker enbuske who deliberately disregards the fact that this is all going on at a location that is extremely important strategically you imbecile, you shithead, you utter moron.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well sure if you're a completely useless idiot hell fucker enbuske who deliberately disregards the fact that this is all going on at a location that is extremely important strategically you imbecile, you shithead, you utter moron.

Apparently not important enough to be sold to a Russian oligarch.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wow you're dumber than Ligur.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"If Crimea was important to the Ukraine, why did Russia invade it, huh, huh? I am very smart!"

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

"If Crimea was important to the Ukraine, why did Russia invade it, huh, huh? I am very smart!"

So buying an island is comparable to invading a country? That's new.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

It's already apparent that AHOY is not a genuine legal business, or at least not in the conventional fashion that makes profit to the owners. Money laundering can be the works of ordinary, "innocent" oligarchs and sure buying expensive estates, big boats, helicopters and stuff can be handy if you want to make it difficult to trace sources of money, supposing that you can make it look like you then have business activities based on them or sell them on.

But Russian state apparatuses also needs money laundering for clandestine operations, and the location here offers possibilities for setting surveillance equipment next to Finnish navy's important routes, which are also used by visiting foreign navies. And while I was joking about a submarine base, having that kind of remote but not distant properties where there aren't many neighbours asking questions would be ideal if you wanted to do mini submarine operations (espionage, Spetsnaz insertions etc.) around navy and harbour targets. Ultimately, if Russia suddenly needed to occupy Åland as a part of securing supply to Kaliningrad and isolating the Baltic republics, compromising the Turku archipelago would be a key in disrupting Finnish response.

OTOH doing it this way would be dumb for obvious reasons, because you are drawing attention to yourselves this way from multiple authorities, and all it takes to get your operation busted is one of them to raid your SPECTRE volcano base. But if it was all done by oligarchs but with slight influencing by GRU regarding the locations then the risks to Russian state would be minimal while offering the option for future escalations and in the end we will likely never know what the precise motives have been.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Maybe it's just to gauge just how gullible and soft Finland is. Just how far can we push these fools before they raid our non-state military base.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

doverhog posted:

Maybe it's just to gauge just how gullible and soft Finland is. Just how far can we push these fools before they raid our non-state military base.

In that case, watch this government sell Suomenlinna to Russian oligarch Vlad I. Mirputin who wants to build an action park there for Russian tourists who happen to be young able bodied males, wearing green uniforms and doing physical training from dawn to dusk.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

SAK doesn't have the balls to take on something that actually matters, like vuokratyö and nollatuntisopimukset, which already allow companies to "hire" someone, have them work there for years, and then just cut their hours to zero for no stated reason. They don't have the balls because SDP, the party of old, fat, dying, workers, don't work in vuokratyö.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

All the middle aged workers that I've talked to have been opposed to rental work because they have kids whose employment options and security it affects real hard, but it's probably hard to find a consensus on what the exact solution would be. Banning rental work altogether doesn't sound too attractive either because some people really benefit from random gig work.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
The problem is mostly that the renters/bankers still expect you to have a stable 8-5 job in order for you to be able to live anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Nenonen posted:

All the middle aged workers that I've talked to have been opposed to rental work because they have kids whose employment options and security it affects real hard, but it's probably hard to find a consensus on what the exact solution would be. Banning rental work altogether doesn't sound too attractive either because some people really benefit from random gig work.

It's easy to be opposed to it in principle and with korusanoin, it's a lot harder to do anything about it in practice. Vuokratyöntekijät usually aren't union members, and if anything are seen as a threat to the regular workers, so there is no push from membership to do anything about it.