Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MA-Horus posted:

One way Americans and Canadians are exactly the same is that we absolutely screw over Indigenous people to the worst possible extent.

Have they ever considered just going back to their own country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

They sold that poo poo fair and square it’s not our fault they didn’t think of where they would live after the land was ours.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

MA-Horus posted:

One way Americans and Canadians are exactly the same is that we absolutely screw over Indigenous people to the worst possible extent.

From what I've read, the Canadians are actually worse about it than the US.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

You guys had the trail of tears, we had residential schools.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

You guys had the trail of tears, we had residential schools.

So did we. The US at least gives lip service that we might, possibly, be kinda ashamed of what we did. The Canadian approach seems to be "They're better for it, if it did in fact happen".

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MA-Horus posted:

Yeah I was gonna say. Everytime I hear an American mention how Canadians don't seem to have racial issues I laugh.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

So did we. The US at least gives lip service that we might, possibly, be kinda ashamed of what we did. The Canadian approach seems to be "They're better for it, if it did in fact happen".

Nooooooo it's extremely not that anymore except for one complete oval office of a senator, it's accepted fact that residential schools were a form of genocide. PM Handsome Socks even apologized for it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
It’s almost comical how many things Trudeau’s had to apologize for.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

BigDave posted:

Christine Ford is scheduled to testify before Senate Judiciary Thursday morning.

That's give the GOP three whole days to try to prove the doppelganger theory, along with some good ol fashioned slut shaming and 'she was asking for it' narrative.

Considering the CHUD I work with was loudly saying someone needs to “shut that b*tch up” I think the narrative is in place.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MA-Horus posted:

Australia is sitting to one side with a can of Foster's and smirking

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Hexyflexy posted:

hahaha, didn't the Russians pioneer hosed up serial numbers for production in WWII?

A bit late, but yes, holy loving poo poo yes, Russian aircraft serial numbers.

The phrase "...to confuse hypothetical spies" shows up frequently in references on the subject.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

That's loving disgusting

It's one of the worst things I've ever read.

Got to the "better husband and better father" part and I thought I was going to vomit.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Front page of Drudge says Ronan Farrow is about to drop a Kavanaugh story in the New Yorker, and not about Ford.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

iKon posted:

Front page of Drudge says Ronan Farrow is about to drop a Kavanaugh story in the New Yorker, and not about Ford.

Turns out he’s a clone and it was his evil clone the whole time!!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The media's getting good at stringing this stuff out

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

boop the snoot posted:

Turns out he’s a clone and it was his evil clone the whole time!!

2018 is the best season of reality ever.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Stultus Maximus posted:

A periodic reminder that there is one group in America that whites care about even less than black people:

http://www.alaskastar.com/2018-09-20/former-eagle-river-man-who-strangled-woman-reaches-plea-deal-prosecutors#.W6fJsy-ZNPN

Men who violently choke/strangle their partners are 10x more likely to murder them than men who commit other types of domestic abuse. Strangling/choking is just such a very brutal and personal way of attacking someone that it takes an incredible level of anger and violent potential to do it. This guy is a serial killer waiting to happen.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

iKon posted:

Still waiting on the explanation for his “baseball tickets”

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1043278255740973058

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Australia is sitting to one side with a can of Foster's and smirking

See now first of all, you can't even BUY Fosters here anymore. I think it's brewed in Mexico, and their target demographic are weird British and American Australiophiles. (I made that word up)

Secondly, everything else about this statement is true. Y'all are rank amateurs where it comes to colonialism. The indigenous population of Australia are the most incarcerated people on Earth, we have federal documents outlining government sponsored genocide, both major political parties have no intention of changing anything and the one in power refused to even say sorry for removing an entire GENERATION of children from their families and placing them with white families, in the hope that they would stop having children with each other and eventually just go away.

They also whitewashed our school curriculum to remove any reference to the wholesale massacre of Aboriginal people during the colonial period. And any traditional stories or history.

You can't get a job unless someone needs to fill a quota. Most enterprises refuse to specify quotas in their staff agreements. You can't go shopping without being followed around by security. Half of the indigenous representatives in the media and government are lackeys and will sell the entire population up the river for no identifiable reason.

Hell, you bring up the plight of Aboriginal people at a bbq, and nine times out of ten people will stop talking to you / change the subject, or actually honestly argue poo poo like "yeah but they don't do themselves any favours by X", regardless of the overwhelming evidence of systemic disadvantage.

We gave the South Africans a run for their money even back in their racism heyday.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Kavanaugh didn't have sexual assault on his daily planner so he definitely didn't do it.

Why do I bring this up, you ask?

Well...

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1043949923388076032

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

iKon posted:

If that really happens, Ronan Farrow truly is Omar for privileged white men.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/statuses/1044006928416825344

:lol:

drat is the GOP loving stupid/awful.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

If that really happens, Ronan Farrow truly is Omar for privileged white men.

https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/status/1044011555115872256

A big argument for Kavanaugh on the right was "you know, usually these people don't do this kind of bullshit just once, why aren't we hearing from others???".

Welp.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can Kavanaugh be fired from his current job regardless of how the Congressional stuff proceeds?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haha holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044013350873489409

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

A big argument for Kavanaugh on the right was "you know, usually these people don't do this kind of bullshit just once, why aren't we hearing from others???".

Welp.

I seriousally can't believe that Kavanaugh could think that if he just denied it until he died, the whole thing would go away. That's like waving a burning flag at the Democrats, screaming 'please do everything in your power to stop my nomination'.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Fallom posted:

Can Kavanaugh be fired from his current job regardless of how the Congressional stuff proceeds?

AFAIK he'd have to be impeached by congress?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

quote:

After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away.

I hope there is a hell

e;

quote:

Ramirez, who was raised a devout Catholic in Connecticut, said that she was shaken. “I wasn’t going to touch a penis until I was married,” she said. “I was embarrassed and ashamed and humiliated.” She remembers Kavanaugh standing to her right and laughing, pulling up his pants. “Brett was laughing,” she said. “I can still see his face, and his hips coming forward, like when you pull up your pants.” She recalled another male student shouting about the incident. “Somebody yelled down the hall, ‘Brett Kavanaugh just put his penis in Debbie’s face,’ ” she said. “It was his full name. I don’t think it was just ‘Brett.’ And I remember hearing and being mortified that this was out there.”

quote:

Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

Welp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aee8TadGEb0

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What’s a good catholic girl going to parties for? Anyways nobody ever got pregnant from gettin dick slapped in the face at a party.
-A chud.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote.

I mean seriously, does anything else need to be said besides what their own actions say about themselves?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

bird food bathtub posted:

I mean seriously, does anything else need to be said besides what their own actions say about themselves?

Yeah, that stuck out at me as well.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird food bathtub posted:

If you believe the allegations are manufactured or wrong for whatever reason, the GOP looks like it's trying to keep things moving.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i for one am absolutely stunned that the GOP is trying to get the nomination through as fast as possible in light of these allegations.

absolutely stunned.

like, i didn't see it coming at all.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
If you can have 5 supreme court judges declare that rape is legal for white dudes and sexual harassment doesn't exist then you try to appoint that 5th judge.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This isn't so much "shot, chaser" as "shot, even bigger shot".

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Don Dongington posted:

See now first of all, you can't even BUY Fosters here anymore. I think it's brewed in Mexico, and their target demographic are weird British and American Australiophiles. (I made that word up)

Secondly, everything else about this statement is true. Y'all are rank amateurs where it comes to colonialism. The indigenous population of Australia are the most incarcerated people on Earth, we have federal documents outlining government sponsored genocide, both major political parties have no intention of changing anything and the one in power refused to even say sorry for removing an entire GENERATION of children from their families and placing them with white families, in the hope that they would stop having children with each other and eventually just go away.

They also whitewashed our school curriculum to remove any reference to the wholesale massacre of Aboriginal people during the colonial period. And any traditional stories or history.

You can't get a job unless someone needs to fill a quota. Most enterprises refuse to specify quotas in their staff agreements. You can't go shopping without being followed around by security. Half of the indigenous representatives in the media and government are lackeys and will sell the entire population up the river for no identifiable reason.

Hell, you bring up the plight of Aboriginal people at a bbq, and nine times out of ten people will stop talking to you / change the subject, or actually honestly argue poo poo like "yeah but they don't do themselves any favours by X", regardless of the overwhelming evidence of systemic disadvantage.

We gave the South Africans a run for their money even back in their racism heyday.

Yea don't forget that you're still carrying on those proud traditions with the escape from absolom style prison-islands for all those disgusting boat-people

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

boop the snoot posted:

i for one am absolutely stunned that the GOP is trying to get the nomination through as fast as possible in light of these allegations.

absolutely stunned.

like, i didn't see it coming at all.

*Kavanaugh's DNA is found at the site of a murdered hooker*

GOP: "WE NEED THIS MAN CONFIRMED YESTERDAY! WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This isn't so much "shot, chaser" as "shot, even bigger shot".

Spotting round, shot.

• Locked thread