Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Trekkies picking on Firefly fans is like the Kiwifarms people picking on Sonichu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wow get Shorty seems really good. I think I heard it mentioned in this thread. There a dedicated thread?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I never really gave a hoot about the relationship between the leads in the original Cinemax run of Strike Back. The show was dope and I loved it (though it does decline in quality). Checking out the sequel series and I can't stand either of these leads. I could tolerate blank ciphers running around all the exploding poo poo but these guy actively annoy me.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The new series improves as it goes along. There's a hallway action scene that rivals anything from the original series. There's also a neat cameo the last couple episodes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, by the end, it's really pretty good, and the new season looks like it's been shaping up nicely.

Warren Brown and Alin Sumarwata are for sure the best two characters. But Dan MacPherson is good too.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 24, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LividLiquid posted:

Star Wars fans are toxic as gently caress and every pedophile is into Star Trek, but we poo poo on Firefly? Really?

Oh, Star Wars fans are absolutely the worst. If you'd told me five years ago that by 2018 a) Donald Trump would be president; and b) Star Wars fans would be worse than bronies, then a) would have been a lot less difficult to believe.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Well poo poo I'll stick with Strike Back then.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

James Woods Fan posted:

Well poo poo I'll stick with Strike Back then.

Yeah, the worst of the main cast, Roxanne McKee, won't be back next season so it's looking good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Where are y'all interacting with all these horrible fandoms? I think the only time I'm exposed to any of this poo poo is when it actually makes news like with the whole Rick & Morty szechuan sauce thing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hakkesshu posted:

Where are y'all interacting with all these horrible fandoms? I think the only time I'm exposed to any of this poo poo is when it actually makes news like with the whole Rick & Morty szechuan sauce thing.

I don't get it either. Some people want to be knee deep in the drama.

-----------------------------

I can't believe there isn't some eejit like me watching Vanity Fair. It's so not my type of show, but drat if the lead isn't so loving charming.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Sep 24, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ah yes, Firefly, the classic women-heavy fanbase that people look down on because of all the women in it we all know Firefly and Sherlock are “the fanbases with the women”, right

Reading that post felt like having a stroke, I wish I could make poo poo up so brazenly

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Everyone knows the worst fans are Harry Potter and Arrested Development.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hakkesshu posted:

Did that really make the news

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did that really make the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zINV9zY4kRw

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I googled the Szechuan sauce thing, and yeah, agreed, Rick & Morty has the worst fandom.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh i figured it would be the one with the dumbfuck jumping on the counter while cosplaying the great cornholio.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The one Szechuan video everyone freaked out over was a Proud Boy doing it intentionally to make more ammo for pushing their narrative about how college students are triggered snowflakes so congrats on that.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

Everyone knows the worst fans are Harry Potter and Arrested Development.

I haven’t really seen a hardcore AD fan since S4 dropped five years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Last year a kid came into the store and tried to use two packs of the szechuan sauce as currency. So gently caress R&M forever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Holds its value better than bitcoin

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Holds its value better than bitcoin

You can buy them for like $1 a pack so uh, no.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rhyno posted:

You can buy them for like $1 a pack so uh, no.

Isn't that still more stable that Bitcoin though?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Croatoan posted:

Isn't that still more stable that Bitcoin though?

Does Bitcoin expire after 12 months?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

At least the sauce exists.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Comcast's purchase of Sky may have ripple effects in the US. Disney currently holds 39% stake in Sky and it's expected that Comcast will strike a deal that has Disney give up that stake in exchange for Comcast giving up their stake in Hulu to Disney. That would give Disney 90% ownership in Hulu.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Comcast then pull NBC content from Hulu's on demand library after some time, leaving Hulu to be pretty much a Fox/ABC content streaming portal. At that point, I would expect Disney's streaming service to be an add-on option for Hulu.

Lines are being drawn with the media empires with Hulu being Disney, All-Access being CBS, and likely some Xfinity branded VOD offering for NBCU.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I wonder when they're gonna realize that the whole reason streaming took off in the first place was that they didn't pull this dumb poo poo, and were willing to at least kinda work together and aggregate their stuff across a small number of places.

Like, if Netflix Instant hadn't had a solid multi-year run of being genuinely really loving good and having basically everything, I don't think any of this would even look viable to anyone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

For years people agitated for ala carte cable and this is kind of what's happening with streaming platforms fracturing so while I'd prefer to have one service that has every show i'd ever want to watch for one low low price, this is still going to be better than it was.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Last year a kid came into the store and tried to use two packs of the szechuan sauce as currency. So gently caress R&M forever.

I hate this because I love the show but I feel like I need to keep it a secret.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

I hate this because I love the show but I feel like I need to keep it a secret.

You do.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

zoux posted:

For years people agitated for ala carte cable and this is kind of what's happening with streaming platforms fracturing so while I'd prefer to have one service that has every show i'd ever want to watch for one low low price, this is still going to be better than it was.

Especially with them recognizing people want ad free experiences. Both FX and AMC offer premium ad free experiences and Hulu and All Access allow you to pay your way out of ads too.

I just want the highest audio/video quality possible and no ads and I'm willing to pay for that for the content I want to watch. Currently, that means buying the episodes themselves, but I like that more options are opening up.

My ideal situation would be Amazon channel ad-ons for all the major players (FX+, AMC, NBCU) that would give me full back catalog ad-free access.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Bugs me that movies like Last Jedi isn't 4k on Netflix.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

GreenNight posted:

Bugs me that movies like Last Jedi isn't 4k on Netflix.

Disney doesn't rent their movies in 4k either. If you want to watch them in 4k, you have to buy.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
I really want Manifest to be good. The premise seems very interesting, I hope the writing is believable enough to keep me engaged.

Is someone making a dedicated thread for it?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Especially with them recognizing people want ad free experiences. Both FX and AMC offer premium ad free experiences

Whoa did not know about this, how much? Also do they do one for FXX so I can watch simpsons ad free?

HanabaL03 posted:

I really want Manifest to be good. The premise seems very interesting, I hope the writing is believable enough to keep me engaged.

Is someone making a dedicated thread for it?

I'm setting the O/U of aired episodes of this show at six and I'm taking the under.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It begins

https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/status/1044244216677912576

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

bull3964 posted:

Disney doesn't rent their movies in 4k either. If you want to watch them in 4k, you have to buy.

If Disney streaming was all in 4K I'd consider it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Michael Chabon?!?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

zoux posted:

Whoa did not know about this, how much? Also do they do one for FXX so I can watch simpsons ad free?

You do still need to be subscribed to the channel though a traditional provider first, this is a premium on top.

FX+ is $5.99/month and gives you ad-free access to nearly everything on FX now and gives you back catalog access for a lot of stuff too. You also get early access to episodes (available as they air instead of a day later.)

AMC Premier is $4.99/month and gives you ad-free access to complete currently running seasons along with early access. No real back catalog though.

Again, these are on top of paying to access the channel through a traditional provider, but it's nice the option exists.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He needs to play Picard in the style of CIA Director Avery Bullock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bull3964 posted:

You do still need to be subscribed to the channel though a traditional provider first, this is a premium on top.

FX+ is $5.99/month and gives you ad-free access to nearly everything on FX now and gives you back catalog access for a lot of stuff too. You also get early access to episodes (available as they air instead of a day later.)

AMC Premier is $4.99/month and gives you ad-free access to complete currently running seasons along with early access. No real back catalog though.

Again, these are on top of paying to access the channel through a traditional provider, but it's nice the option exists.

My provider is DTV Now which doesn’t work with a lot of stuff, so I'll have to see. Been wanting to catch up on Snowfall and You’re the Worst