Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

Big thanks for Booley for being our dedicated combat photographer. These events are awesome and he lets us share this awesome with the rest of the world.

PNW is now very hard for Zone Mortalis. How were the AT games?

Would kill/be killed by Corpse Crows again A++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Fukken love those Dark Angels, checkers/10

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I really liked Titanicus. We tied the first game by tabling each other.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Now for some glamor shots of my bois

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Booley posted:

10 goons, 9 painted armies, lots of mad, a story in photos
https://imgur.com/a/VhOIloj

https://imgur.com/a/Cizi7WS

Wherever you live, I want to move there.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This guy's supervisor needs to get on him about flaming without proper eye protection, he's gonna go blind.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

This guy's supervisor needs to get on him about flaming without proper eye protection, he's gonna go blind.

Cool guys look directly into explosions.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
I got massively owned by both the insane hobby deadline I gave myself to paint stuff in time as well as the terrible power gaming list it encompassed, mostly due to my lack of intelligence.

10/10 will host another ham slam. Thanks everyone. I had significantly more of my army painted this time considering the first one was just tactical strike. I should have my full army ready to go by the end of the year.

EDIT: I blame the warmaster for not telling me enough good cheats in advance

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
We played on this:

It was cool, but it's going to be much cooler when painted. Going to match the colors to our other tables so we can have MEGA BATTLES

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That table would probably be cool to play Tactical Strike on. It sure would be nice to try those rules out.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

General Olloth posted:

I got massively owned by both the insane hobby deadline I gave myself to paint stuff in time as well as the terrible power gaming list it encompassed, mostly due to my lack of intelligence.

10/10 will host another ham slam. Thanks everyone. I had significantly more of my army painted this time considering the first one was just tactical strike. I should have my full army ready to go by the end of the year.

EDIT: I blame the warmaster for not telling me enough good cheats in advance

It was fun to own u.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

That table would probably be cool to play Tactical Strike on. It sure would be nice to try those rules out.

Soon, soon, soon. The CORE CREATIVE TEAM was stuck by the Destroyer Hive.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Tactical strike is like killteam for 30k?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

xutech posted:

Allegedly

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Yo lemme know if you want a shirt of the same design but substantially lower cost than this one: https://shop.spreadshirt.com/40kBadcast/the+perfect+shirt+4+him-A110507209

We’ll be doing a group order from overseas.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Check out these jewel like objects of wonder:

FW are so good they don't even bother to ship you new terrain anymore. Just the used miscasts!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

xutech posted:

I'm going to start writing a Kill Team conversion for 30k. We'll see which one comes out first.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Thundercloud posted:

Kill Team conversion for 30k

Has potential of not being poo poo

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Thundercloud posted:

I'm going to start writing a Kill Team conversion for 30k. We'll see which one comes out first.

I've read some of the Mournival stuff and I think the character advancement would be kinda cool. My only suggestion would be "don't make it overly complicated". Whatever you write, a few friends and I would happily test it, because we think killteam for 30k is a good idea (I mean some kind of similar game not a photocopy) and the cooler older 30k kids here are kinda preemptively anti 40k so they wouldn't be open minded enough to try it with us.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

xutech posted:

I've read some of the Mournival stuff and I think the character advancement would be kinda cool. My only suggestion would be "don't make it overly complicated". Whatever you write, a few friends and I would happily test it, because we think killteam for 30k is a good idea (I mean some kind of similar game not a photocopy) and the cooler older 30k kids here are kinda preemptively anti 40k so they wouldn't be open minded enough to try it with us.

tactical strike but leaning towards kill team rules is the ideal game imo.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

quote:

Thanks for getting in touch,m This is quite normal for our tiles and it is also mentioned in our product description. Due to the complex nature of the casting process sometime air bubbles occur and is unavoidable in certain areas of the tile. With this our casting team are permitted to fill a small percentage of wholes and are considered within an acceptable tolerance level for these kits.

If you are not happy with the tiles we can arrange a return if you like but otherwise these look as they should and the Waring can be fixed with heat treatment

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Forgeworld or Chinacast?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Wow, their spelling is as inconsistent as their castings.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Forgeworld strikes again.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tommy the marketing intern got promoted to full time customer support!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Say you start to make a competitive product that costs half as much with better quality. GW is so great they'll litigate you to keep you from competing with them. The only option left is supporting communism, which naturally makes me very happy

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Small air bubbles, not detail missing voids. Nor does the description say FW will ham-fistedly try to fix it. Tell them to sort out their quality control criteria and send replacements, or offer a partial refund for the sum of three tiles.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I told them I was surprised they sent me factory refurbished items instead of new ones

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

I told them I was surprised they sent me factory refurbished items instead of new ones

I really wanted to be all behind FW when I first got into heresy years ago but their constant incompetence and ignorance makes Iron warriors of us all in the end. I got burned with them once... never again.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Imo, send back a picture of Chairman Mao.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

Say you start to make a competitive product that costs half as much with better quality. GW is so great they'll litigate you to keep you from competing with them. The only option left is supporting communism, which naturally makes me very happy

Did they litigate some resin mortalis maker out of the market?

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

JcDent posted:

Did they litigate some resin mortalis maker out of the market?

Total hearsay but i had a few beers with the deathray design guys at nova and they were talking about how aggressive GW is with them on the deadbolts derelict stuff while not overtly filing anything as of yet they get lots of "WATCH YOUR poo poo" emails from their legal.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zasze posted:

Total hearsay but i had a few beers with the deathray design guys at nova and they were talking about how aggressive GW is with them on the deadbolts derelict stuff while not overtly filing anything as of yet they get lots of "WATCH YOUR poo poo" emails from their legal.

That's legit hilarious!

...ly sad.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

quote:

Id like to confirm that these are not second hand tiles, these are our regular stock items and are produced in resin. The air bubbles are mentioned in our product description. These tiles are made using the same resin we use for the rest of our models just the production method and dye is different.

Should I tell him that makes them factory seconds?

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 27, 2018

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

BULBASAUR posted:

Hmm, extensive repair definitely seems like product not as advertised. Pretty illegal in England from what I understand

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

140pts

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Every time I'm amazed at how effective this simple of a conversion is.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

quote:

Thanks for getting back to me. I believe we have a misunderstanding and would like to try and make the situation as clear as I can.
With thee tiles begin returned to us we will not be exchanging them as these are not considered faulty. Again over the course of our emails I have confirmed with you that these are how these tiles are produced and that our product description does state that air bubbles will be present. All other tiles will have similar issue and are not considered faulty or defective. These are not factory seconds and sold as advertised.

"These tiles use hollow resin, which allows us to produce highly detailed, light and very durable scenery pieces. Due to the casting process of this material, it is sometimes possible to find small air bubbles on these terrain pieces. These are easy to fill as our Working with Resin guide explains."

I appreciate you may feel different and that they are faulty or in your own words "factory seconds" but I assure you they are not. To confirm with you again our manufacturing team are permitted to fill a certain amount of air bubbles using filler created during the resin casting process of these tiles

Overall, it has been a poor experience with mediocre customer support. As my first big boy FW purchase I don't believe the customer support hype. Our OG Ghost Hand was definitely being treated like a VIP.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Sep 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So like, does he know the definition of small?