Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Penguin Patrol posted:

I thought DKR was terrible, but at least it was trying something compared to Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, and Justice League which were all movies about wandering around punching lackeys until you get to the biggest dude and then you punch them too. Went into WW with such high hopes too from all the praise it was getting, and instead I saw her jumping at randos in slow motion for two hours. It still gets a pass because it's about time a woman gets to star in a generic superhero beat-em-up, but I don't have high hopes for a sequel.

They don't need a reboot, they just need their writers to grow a pair and come up with an actual story.

Edit: oh yeah, video games are good, getting pumped for Hollow Knight Rises tomorrow!

read this as diddy kong racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Suicide Squad seems like the kind of film you'd get if you gave the people who make superhero cosplay trailers all the time a $200 million budget to create a feature-length movie.

that makes it sound good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't read it bc it was about superhero movies

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

In Training posted:

I didn't read it bc it was about superhero movies

Same but for this post too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

an actual dog posted:

that makes it sound good

According to rumor this is literally what happened- the Suicide Squad trailer was surprisingly well-received, so WB went back to the people who made it and asked them to work on editing together the final feature.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Right, how about some stuff with fewer lizard titties now

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1044249891239841792

https://www.artstation.com/c780162

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think the Captain Marvel movie might be good

I hope she gets and keeps the mohawk

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bold strategy, Cotton.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

Bold strategy, Cotton.

lmao how would this even work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

It's simple just keep coding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hello? Just take the computers home

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Dawgstar posted:

Bold strategy, Jeff Bezos.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I'd rather talk about good games

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Looper posted:

I'd rather talk about good games

:prepop:

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Well poo poo, that's kind of surprising. I figured there'd be no way given how big of a deal the cast has been, but I guess that doesn't stop them from dubbing movies either.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

New Valkyria Chronicles tomorrow don't forget

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Suicide Squad seems like the kind of film you'd get if you gave the people who make superhero cosplay trailers all the time a $200 million budget to create a feature-length movie.

those people might at least have harley wind up with will smith like the plot was clearly building to

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

an actual dog posted:

I wonder if they were the same person who told Skull Labs they were in, quote, 'the game business not the rent-paying business.'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

New Valkyria Chronicles tomorrow don't forget

Want to get this on Steam. Game looks really good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only good comicbook movie I feel is uniformly excellent is Dredd, though if we want to go even further then I'd say Robocop is the best one even though it's not based on any existing property. I enjoyed some Spidermans and TDK though. Idk how Chris Nolan got a free pass to do whatever he wanted but he nailed it and not many adaptations of superhero poo poo come even close.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

DLC Inc posted:

the only good comicbook movie I feel is uniformly excellent is Dredd, though if we want to go even further then I'd say Robocop is the best one even though it's not based on any existing property. I enjoyed some Spidermans and TDK though. Idk how Chris Nolan got a free pass to do whatever he wanted but he nailed it and not many adaptations of superhero poo poo come even close.

Even with the recent boom, Road To Perdition is still my favorite. I used to stop everything I was doing to watch it when I had cable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I watched Dredd recently and didn't like it as much as I use to. Excellent action scenes, but the movie didn't really have a lot of point to it other than being a beautiful gore fest. My favorite comic book movie is Watchmen, but I know that movie was pretty much universally hated. Especially for the vastly different ending.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ghost World is my favorite comic book movie.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

"being a beautiful gore fest" is good enough for me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dawgstar posted:

Bold strategy, Cotton.

It's a good thing we live in an economic system where people's needs are met and their time is free to pursue passion projects like oh wait bollocks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

an actual dog posted:

If the CEO said it, it would be called crunch and recognized as SOP

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Telltale was originally keeping the skeleton crew on to finish TWD but nah, Netflix Minecraft is where the money at.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

al-azad posted:

Telltale was originally keeping the skeleton crew on to finish TWD but nah, Netflix Minecraft is where the money at.

actually what happened is that people misinterpreted the skeleton crew being left behind as being for TWD but nope it was Minecraft lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In retrospect, stopping on a big unsatisfying cliffhanger was the only way Telltale's TWD was ever going to end.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
GotG 2 and Black Panther are legitimately really good movies and are better than the average MCU quality of "fun yet kind of disposable popcorn movie".

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

GotG 2 and Black Panther are legitimately really good movies and are better than the average MCU quality of "fun yet kind of disposable popcorn movie".

Love Black Panther a lot, but had mixed feelings about Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I hated what was done with Mantis compared to her comicbook version. Turning her into a slave with a childlike mentality was kinda gross.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I hope everyone gets a refund lol

Accordion Man posted:

I really wish killmonger lived but his final line had people applauding.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Winter Soldier is a legit awesome action movie even if you discount the superhero parts.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Want to get this on Steam. Game looks really good.

I played the PS4 demo and it is very good as it feels very much like playing the old game with some of the more annoying niggles ironed out combined with some fun new additions.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

Winter Soldier is a legit awesome action movie even if you discount the superhero parts.

That highway chase/gunfight/fistfight is pretty much the best action sequence in the entire MCU, yes

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

haveblue posted:

It is very surprising that, given that the whole genre is "guys punching each other", Winter Soldier is pretty much the only MCU movie with actual choreographed fights.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Accordion Man posted:

i hated how in black panther the revolutionary black man that wanted to help people was the bad guy and the good guy had to defeat him by relying on a white cia colonizer

despite the praise that movie got for it being full of black actors and stuff i kind of felt like it was white liberal propaganda reminding black people to know their place, dont step out of line your have to die, like the dude did at the end.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 24, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I said come in! posted:

Love Black Panther a lot, but had mixed feelings about Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I hated what was done with Mantis compared to her comicbook version. Turning her into a slave with a childlike mentality was kinda gross.

I still haven't finished JJ season 2 because of Hellcat's character. Probably just never will at this point.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i hated how in black panther the revolutionary black man that wanted to help people was the bad guy and the good guy had to defeat him by relying on a white cia colonizer

https://twitter.com/CIA/status/1025051443970093056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I knew Winter Soldier was gonna rule from the second Captain America touches down on the boat and runs up and punts that guy into the railing and overboard and it made this solid loving sound

• Locked thread