Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

basically if you see anyone with the costume it means theyre a superwhale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man that does suck that Extreme Alliance battle doens't count for the HQ.

And when I saw "Marvel Rising Uniform Sale" I thought they meant that they had added the uniforms from that show, but nope, just sales on the uniforms for the characters from that show. I really want a costume that makes Squirrel Girl not suck.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It would be cool if we got Patriot out of the deal. But ah well.

It did accomplish it's true goal. It reminded me that show existed and made me mildly curious to DVR it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

It would be cool if we got Patriot out of the deal. But ah well.

It did accomplish it's true goal. It reminded me that show existed and made me mildly curious to DVR it.

There's essentially an entire episode on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWh9JyUded8

I mean, they could be doing it next month, as it premiers the last day of the month, and they need to provide content until captain marvel comes out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

True, this could be the "countdown" to an update in October for it. But it would be a dick move to put all the old costumes on sale (but still 750 crystals) and then sell better ones.

On the Heroic Battle I finished my second week today and it is kind of funny how much I stressed the first week and this week I finished with like 4 days left.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

True, this could be the "countdown" to an update in October for it. But it would be a dick move to put all the old costumes on sale (but still 750 crystals) and then sell better ones.

On the Heroic Battle I finished my second week today and it is kind of funny how much I stressed the first week and this week I finished with like 4 days left.

I wouldn't put anything past fremium games.

And how? There's multiple quests that cannot be completed on the same day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dunno. I saved all my daily stuff until after the mission reset at like 3 AM and then did them early in the morning. Then I took advantage of the Thursday reset of Timeline and Alliance Battle to get some extra steps in that day. I mainly just made my Heroic Missions my daily priorities and didn't do anything else capped until I was absolutely stuck for the day.

The Alliance battle stuff is the biggest pain but like I said, I took advantage of the Thursday reset to help there. And like otherwise I just was very deliberate about the quests. If it said "complete 2 villain sieges" or "complete 3 WB" I did only the exact number I needed and then cleaned up the rest later after I was stuck. That helped me a few times when there was like "complete 2 villain sieges" and then "complete Hard in villain siege" a few steps later.

It was a tad bit obsessive but it worked.

edit: I have 3 Days, 10 Hours left on it now so I did it in a little less than 3 days, 12 hours. Half the week.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i cant believe i didnt think to make use of double AB day, im pretty dumb

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah that was a big one. I think I got to somewhere in the 30s with that. It just lined up perfectly. It was basically an extra day combined with the "extra day" I got from leaving my stuff to the morning after the Heroic reset.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Cosmic cube fragment droprate is such a joke. I have more than double everything else and I'm still 50 away. They really don't make T3 easy, huh?

Cap is going to be first and Thor's waiting in the wings, but looks like he'll be waiting a very long time

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had no idea there was an double Alliance Battle day, dang.

I'm at 27 right now so I should be good.

My reset is at 11am EST, is it not that for everyone else?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, daily reset is at 11 AM EST but there's also weekly reset at 9 PM Thursday. That's when all the week long stuff like Shadowland and the Challenges reset (except World Boss Raid that resets Tuesday night for some reason). Since Alliance Battle and Timeline work weekly as well they reset and you get a double shot at them.

Good for cashing in on some extra stuff but better if you can time it for this Heroic Quest since AB and Timeline are tough steps.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

All my stalling on T3ing a third character has made me realize I’m <100 cosmic fragments from having everything to T3 Deadpool. That seems to be the best route, right (I have t3 cap and Thor and none of the others excite me)?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Dave posted:

All my stalling on T3ing a third character has made me realize I’m <100 cosmic fragments from having everything to T3 Deadpool. That seems to be the best route, right (I have t3 cap and Thor and none of the others excite me)?

I am approaching a similar point. I have Black Panthe at 70 and 700 Cosmic Cube fragments. But I don’t know to T3 him or hold out for DP.
I originally wanted to go for BP to see if T3’ing him made the Extreme Legendary battles any easier for the free Mythic Cards. But maybe I’ll just go with the Poolman instead.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

10 Timeline WINS? F you Heroic Quest.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

You doing the Cage one too? I won the first 5 today then switched to autoplay after I lost #6. I should be able to finish it tomorrow, which is still a day early.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Aha I hit that point this morning and yelled at my phone

loving plat league is bs, T3s as far as the eye can see

Also completely unashamed to be excited for Marvel Rising

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Makes me happy I always stay in Gold. I can only imagine the hell that part of the quest is in Vibranium.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hover between Plat and Vibranium, and it took me 2 days when i did that mission.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I think I shelled out $ to get 10 more timeline attempts to get mine done last time. I'm on that step now for week 2 so we'll see how it goes tonight. Is there a rock/paper/scissors that can reliably beat 70 Scarlet Witch? I have trouble with her unless I can time say Jean's 4-5 for right as she spawns in. Everyone else I can generally take with some good counterplay, my only other weakness is lack of web immunity since I have damage customs on my meta chars for UWB.

One problem is I am seriously lacking in 70s since I've been focusing on finishing the native T2s out of stubbornness. Just got my last one Odin to 60 4x20. I've got Cap at T3, Spiderman at 70 ready once I get 20 more of the cosmic cube fragments, and Psylocke at 66 because why not. Everyone else is still 60. Debating doing Thor next and using the T3 on him over Spidey, or I can sit on the 800 ccf and wait until they make one of my favorites T3 capable so I can bump them right away.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I don't understand at all why there's unskippable roadblocks in these quests. Like, there's no way to refresh the Alliance Battle, so they can't even make money off of impatient people; what's the point?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

plainswalker75 posted:

I don't understand at all why there's unskippable roadblocks in these quests. Like, there's no way to refresh the Alliance Battle, so they can't even make money off of impatient people; what's the point?

To make it take longer so people have a greater chance of loving up and needing to spend $ on the things that CAN be skipped

Or you know, the fact that they constantly make baffling decisions. I'm not sure how many of the people at Netmarble actually play the game because sometimes it feels like a bunch of disparate teams doing their own thing and cramming it together into one game.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My guess would be to get you to open the app over more days and drive engagement.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Diddler posted:

You doing the Cage one too? I won the first 5 today then switched to autoplay after I lost #6. I should be able to finish it tomorrow, which is still a day early.

Nah. Arachknight has the same roadblock. I did autoplay after losing the first fight. I now have 5 wins and have to wait for tomorrow to try again.

Not sure who to run. I have Strange, Fast Forward Man (not really noticing anything good about the new suit) and I lost with Deadpool, tried Psylocke with autopilot and won the 5.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
If you have T2 Nova, he is incredible in Timeline when being manually controlled. Although that actually depends on you having T2 Nova which is not easy.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Nah. Arachknight has the same roadblock. I did autoplay after losing the first fight. I now have 5 wins and have to wait for tomorrow to try again.

Not sure who to run. I have Strange, Fast Forward Man (not really noticing anything good about the new suit) and I lost with Deadpool, tried Psylocke with autopilot and won the 5.

I got my 5 wins in plat with autopilot Cap 70, Fastboy, and Cable 60

When Psy goes T2 I'll probably replace Cable with her

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I'm tanking my timeline ranking so I can deal with these win 10 timeline quests when they come. Decided to go with my team from back when I first quit - Hulkbuster with Heavy Duty Armor uni, Silk, and Fem Loki

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Fast Forward Man (not really noticing anything good about the new suit)

he does loads more damage

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My Jean Grey, Quicksilver, and T3 Cap team and as able to get the 10 wins with manual play and lots of gold to skip to the best matchups. I avoid T3 Spiders, too many 70s on one team, T3 Deadpool, some other tough pairings. But that team can handle most with the right matchings.

My secondary team is an all T3 Cap, Thor, and Spidey. Spidey is great for the webbing and against tough blasters like Witch and Jean but it still find Quicksilver better (and now I can work him to 70 and eventually grab the costume). Thor is good against the tough T3 Caps or anyone susceptible to a quick amount of damage. Cap is just a really good tank especially against the pesky speeds in Quicksilver and Spidey.

Witch, Cable, Strange maybe if restrictions get tough. Deadpool should probably be on the list too. But I haven't had to dig that deep yet.

But that might not be helpful to most. I think I've done a solid job working up those big guns so if you don't have them it's not too helpful. I think the T3s have been big for Timeline purposes so it helps here.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 25, 2018

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Dave posted:

My guess would be to get you to open the app over more days and drive engagement.

I have been told that if you don't finish out the quest chain in the week, you are given the option to pay crystals to skip tasks. But I have completed both weeks so I don't know if it's true or not.

Currently my plan was to get Arachknight bios and hopefully get Rank Up Tickets in the Advanced Rewards chest so I could use his Bios on buying up his gear.
I got a 2 and 3 star tickets in week 1 but used them on Weapon Hex.
Today I finished out the chain and got 4 advanced chests which contained...
A bunch of Gear Up Kits.
Ducking bullshit.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im saving my rankup tickets (except for 5*s of which i have like 20 or so) for the juggernaut/jubilee/iceman/adam x/professor charles xavier patch. 750 crystals for 440 bios works out a lot cheaper than the equivalent fraction of a 2600 crystal megarankup ticket so im gonna run moonspider 2-3 months in a row.

Thunderrage
Nov 24, 2006

Vita non est vivere sed valere vita est

Trapper John posted:

Doctor Goons has openings

I've just put in an application too. I'm XanderSweetman.
Old alliance was dead so itll be nice to have active allies!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Finally got the shards to get Cap to T3. So the special just charges through the fight, and then I press it, and then I am the winner? Time for the long slog to get Thor to T3 as well, currently at 425

Also, I have two T2 tickets and not sure who to use it on

Magik
Psylocke
Hulk (won't have a costume for a while)
Ant-Man (same as above)
Shuri
Spider-Man (Has IW costume)
Bucky (Has IW costume)
Hellstorm (he's second tier on the list, but I'm severely lacking in elemental damage and universals)
Spider-Man 2099
Black Panther (I'm going to buy the promo when I get enough crystals, which comes with a T2 I think, but just putting him here to be complete)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cap's T3 skill is a little more involved than the others. You not only need to charge it up with other skills but when you press it you should keep holding the button. Cap goes into a crouch and further charges the skill. You can just hit it right away and it will still be really powerful, but if you charge it up some more it gets even more powerful. Useful for World Bosses but not really necessary for Timeline.

Shuri at T2 has a big ally bonus that can help you. Spidey and Black Panther both have T3 potential and are killers at 70. But they also only cost half cost to T2 naturally. Bucky's really boss too but he's also half price to T2.

For the most part I tend to save my T2 tickets for people like Psylocke, Magik, and Spidey 2099 who are much harder to T2 without them. But I don't have any of them so I can't speak to how good they are.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Actually, Psylocke was not hard to T2 at all - once you buy the big package, that is. You get a crap-ton of bios, easily enough to T2 her.

I've got the T2 ticket now, debating between Goliath, Kraven, Lizard, and Misty Knight, all of whom I could do right now - but also, all they need are Chaos Norns so I can be patient and get them normally.

I'm still 1 20 gear away from having Beast, and Clea ready for T2 ticket use, but pretty close. Clea's last one is at 19 and Hank's is 18. Colossus has 2 19 gear as well, nudging him up slowly. I'll likely save the T2 ticket for one of them.

Got Wanda to 60, and am close to maxing out her Gear as well. Jean's at 56 and climbing slowwwwly. Working on maxing out Deadpool gear, too. I just need a crap ton of Gear Up Kits.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually have 5 T2 tickets but like none of my remaining T1s feel like must T2s so I'm just hoarding them for the likes of Colossus, X-23, Luna, the Ultimates, and the pay people. MAYBE Phantamax and Domino but probably not.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Finally got the shards to get Cap to T3. So the special just charges through the fight, and then I press it, and then I am the winner? Time for the long slog to get Thor to T3 as well, currently at 425

Also, I have two T2 tickets and not sure who to use it on

Magik
Psylocke
Hulk (won't have a costume for a while)
Ant-Man (same as above)
Shuri
Spider-Man (Has IW costume)
Bucky (Has IW costume)
Hellstorm (he's second tier on the list, but I'm severely lacking in elemental damage and universals)
Spider-Man 2099
Black Panther (I'm going to buy the promo when I get enough crystals, which comes with a T2 I think, but just putting him here to be complete)

ticket 2099, non-ticket t2 spidey and bucky asap

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
If I picked Iron Hammer as my Hero Journey, should I still get Loki or Sharon Rogers Cap as my 6*?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Sharon Rogers is a huge asset for a very long time. Loki too. Sharon might be more valuable as a female vs Iron Hammer while Loki might as a villain. I'd go Rogers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Cap's T3 skill is a little more involved than the others. You not only need to charge it up with other skills but when you press it you should keep holding the button. Cap goes into a crouch and further charges the skill. You can just hit it right away and it will still be really powerful, but if you charge it up some more it gets even more powerful. Useful for World Bosses but not really necessary for Timeline.

Shuri at T2 has a big ally bonus that can help you. Spidey and Black Panther both have T3 potential and are killers at 70. But they also only cost half cost to T2 naturally. Bucky's really boss too but he's also half price to T2.

For the most part I tend to save my T2 tickets for people like Psylocke, Magik, and Spidey 2099 who are much harder to T2 without them. But I don't have any of them so I can't speak to how good they are.

punchymcpunch posted:

ticket 2099, non-ticket t2 spidey and bucky asap

So I'll probably ticket 2099 and Psylocke for now and Shuri will be my next one. I'll try to get the others done by hand I guess, I might be running into mats issues. After that it'll be T2's for the ones that use daily bios/X-genes and just trying to naturally progress the rest.

STAC Goat posted:

I actually have 5 T2 tickets but like none of my remaining T1s feel like must T2s so I'm just hoarding them for the likes of Colossus, X-23, Luna, the Ultimates, and the pay people. MAYBE Phantamax and Domino but probably not.

Oh def T2 Luna ASAP, she's crazy strong.