Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Considering the new Arland ports sold... 6000 copies? I think that dream is probably dead
That only counts physical sales, and ports like that are definitely the kinds of games that are gonna sell better digitally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Hey 30 year old+ kids! Remember Rugrats and Hey Arnold?

What about the rehashed TMNT from 5 years ago?

WELL NOW THERE'S A GAME FOR YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKeKYgNvJ2M

(Who is this meant to appeal to?)

you ever shove a gun into your own mouth so fast you destroy your teeth

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

christ

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does Nickelodeon not have any new cartoons since I was a child?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I don't need this kart racing game. I don't. :negative:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they also put out a new episode of rocko recently where rocko has a cellphone. it wasn't good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

about a year or so ago they put out a teaser that they were bringing back rocko and the jokes in it were so stale i nearly broke my teeth. did you know millenials like to buy new iphones. also comic book movies are trying to be dark and gritty

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Infinitum posted:

Hey 30 year old+ kids! Remember Rugrats and Hey Arnold?

What about the rehashed TMNT from 5 years ago?

WELL NOW THERE'S A GAME FOR YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKeKYgNvJ2M

(Who is this meant to appeal to?)

The original Nickelodeon kart racer was pretty good, this doesn't look like it's going to actually compete with any modern racer though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I get the fact God's Gift To Kart Racing, Mario Kart, is a Nintendo IP and you want that sweet sweet Kart Racing Bucks

I also get that Sonic Racing All Stars Transformed was a legitimately fantastic 3rd party Kart Racer that could appear on multiple platforms, to fill the Mario Kart void-niche; so I understand the need for having a game that can be released outside of a Nintendo platform.

I just don't get why the gently caress you'd theme your Kart Racer around IPs that would only appeal to the 30+ year old gamers :psyduck:
"Hey guys, wanna come around to my joint on the weekend and play some Tommy loving Pickle Reptar Racing?"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a racing wheel and a VR headset and adore kart racing with those peripherals but there's no way you can con someone back into kart racing in 2018 on a flat screen with a Dual Shock 4 or what the gently caress ever

It's just too played out at this point, sorry

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

they made the fairy odd parents live action movies where timmy turner dies and becomes a fairy

like tingle

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

corn in the bible posted:

Inexplicably, yes

E: the final boss theme of Ayesha is still the best Atelier song imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

I missed this edit but yes

I actually wish the game was a bit restructured so that there was no postgame, just so the game could end on this song. It's so good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe kids wanna play the nickelodeon racer idk

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

that dungeon is so good!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rugrats is still airing on nick in reruns to this day

i mean kids dont even watch tv anymore but hypothetically if they did theyd know what rugrats is

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

that dungeon is so good!

the opening to mother 3 was cool but i think i found it kind of jarring coming right off of earthbound. i've eased into mother 3 at this point and i can safely say it's a good game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27JZ3pmLZkQ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mods please name change me to flatty mcchesterson

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

one day I'll get to actually finishing Mother 3

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah Ar Tonelico is about songs (...sorta) and all the diegetic music (i.e. the music that the characters are singing in-universe) is incredible. All the just normal BGM is normal forgettable RPG fare.

My favorite Tonelico song is funky cold medina.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

why is peeping in so many things

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

and change mine to '"a*s" and "bastard"'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

and change mine to '"a*s" and "bastard"'

b*ngin'

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

bathhouse episodes are mandatory

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

b*thouse

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

Yeah but like why does every hot springs/bathhouse sequence have a guy try to sneak into the women's section, almost without exception

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah but like why does every hot springs/bathhouse sequence have a guy try to sneak into the women's section, almost without exception

because its quick and easy comedy

whether its funny is a different matter, its just an extremely obvious gag

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pretty sure endorph would get upset if i said “because japan”

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

h*rnyness

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGHySxl36hQ

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

pretty sure endorph would get upset if i said “because japan”
its not exclusive to japan, theres a million american high school movies where people peek into the girls locker room. we just don't have anything like japanese bathing culture so there are fewer opportunities for peeking jokes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

its not exclusive to japan, theres a million american high school movies where people peek into the girls locker room. we just don't have anything like japanese bathing culture so there are fewer opportunities for peeking jokes

i rest my case

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Wess in that screenshot so I'm obligated to post the dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUJ7K6ePYx0

It's great that the stone face looks like it's letting out a huge laugh so you can go inside.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm not upset, you're upset

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Colonel posted:

the opening to mother 3 was cool but i think i found it kind of jarring coming right off of earthbound. i've eased into mother 3 at this point and i can safely say it's a good game

Genuinely interested in your thoughts as you progress, Colonel. Mother 3 is a game that I while I don't think it was an all-time favorite, it was still something I could not stop thinking about for months on end afterwards and even now listening to a number of tracks makes me feel A Lot Of Things.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I doubled dipped on Celeste because I love it and got it on Steam. I decided to check out the modding scene and see what player made stages there are.

Boy there sure isn't a single good one huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

i'm not upset, you're upset

if it makes you feel any better i’m not trying to claim that western games aren’t perverted as hell but the bathhouse peeping thing is just a japanese cultural thing

• Locked thread