Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I also got incredibly normal search results when I googled 'Nintendo'.

What have you been googling, pentyne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, the sexy Bowser thing wasn't caused by Nintendo.

It was just caused by the weird new powerup in the NSMBU remaster.

This is not the first time they've stumbled backwards into a level of horny that other brands would only dream of.

...what powerup?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Samovar posted:

...what powerup?

There's a girl Toad and there's a crown she can wear that transforms her into a Peach lookalike. Now what if other characters wear it?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Haha what do you think Bowser looks if he was a sexy girl Haha just joking

haha but do you have any pictures of sexy Bowers looking embarrassed? haha just for laughs

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
sigh, and bowser was already a hottie without making him an anime girl with big old titties.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Bowsette is clogging all my social media, and is apparently also a new trans icon for obvious reasons.

Nintendo went unintentionally horny on main better than anybody could ever do intentionally.

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

Haha what do you think Bowser looks if he was a sexy girl Haha just joking

haha but do you have any pictures of sexy Bowers looking embarrassed? haha just for laughs

https://twitter.com/OOaekP/status/1044058428648251392

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
September, 2018: Nintendo deploys Lady Bowser to distract people from the ongoing Trump Toad Dick scandal.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The MSJ posted:

There's a girl Toad and there's a crown she can wear that transforms her into a Peach lookalike. Now what if other characters wear it?

Isn't the answer "they get bigger" like if Mario or Luigi put it on they just become a bigger Mario or Luigi? Clearly Toads just grow up into princesses but no clearly it's a crown that makes everything a woman.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The crown is not the mushroom.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Len posted:

Isn't the answer "they get bigger" like if Mario or Luigi put it on they just become a bigger Mario or Luigi? Clearly Toads just grow up into princesses but no clearly it's a crown that makes everything a woman.

Which is what the internet is running with, so far in browsing Imgur over lunch I saw Booette and Yoshiette fanart. I assume every Mario character will be -etted before the end of the week.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Len posted:

apparently if any other character picks up the crown they just get ten coins, assuredly pawning it off for value

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Bowletta is the surperior feminine Bowser anyway

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I mean...we already had Wendy Koopa, was a feminine transformation crown really something Bowser needed?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Everyone of the female Bowser pictures I've seen lately is a textbook case of odd gender dimorphism (warning oglaf and thus :nws:) why not do something actually interesting?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Because they were tired of whacking off to Wendy Koopa.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Hel posted:

Everyone of the female Bowser pictures I've seen lately is a textbook case of odd gender dimorphism (warning oglaf and thus :nws:) why not do something actually interesting?

bro it's not gender dimorphism at issue here

There's a crown in the new version of a Wii U Mario game that changes Toadette, the cute and fashionable pink toad with some kinda weird pigtails toadtails, into a bizarre version of Princess Peach with all her abilities, but a Toad face and Toadette's hair. This is baffling, because what the gently caress? Is Toadette acually a shapeshifter and that's why she's so unique? Do all Toads grow up be Peaches (Princess Toadstools, if you will)? Or is it a magic crown that just changes people into variations of Princess Peach?

It's not people saying "hey what would a female Bowser look like i bet it would be just a normal-rear end girl but with horns," it's a joke based on the nonsensical new items and the bizarre implications on Mario lore, such as it is.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Alaois posted:

apparently if any other character picks up the crown they just get ten coins, assuredly pawning it off for value

So it turns Toadette into a Peach lookalike, but everyone else into Wario?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Bowsette is now canon.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

John Lee posted:

bro it's not gender dimorphism at issue here

There's a crown in the new version of a Wii U Mario game that changes Toadette, the cute and fashionable pink toad with some kinda weird pigtails toadtails, into a bizarre version of Princess Peach with all her abilities, but a Toad face and Toadette's hair. This is baffling, because what the gently caress? Is Toadette acually a shapeshifter and that's why she's so unique? Do all Toads grow up be Peaches (Princess Toadstools, if you will)? Or is it a magic crown that just changes people into variations of Princess Peach?

It's not people saying "hey what would a female Bowser look like i bet it would be just a normal-rear end girl but with horns," it's a joke based on the nonsensical new items and the bizarre implications on Mario lore, such as it is.

Well, what if its like an ant colony where Peach is the "queen", but if someone were to happen to her, they could trigger ~something~ and one of the regular toadstool people would transform into their "queen" form.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bowsette and Waluigi in unholy matrimony for Super Smash Bros.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, what if its like an ant colony where Peach is the "queen", but if someone were to happen to her, they could trigger ~something~ and one of the regular toadstool people would transform into their "queen" form.

I'm thinking more like locusts, where when you have too many grasshoppers concentrated in one spot it triggers their change.

Clearly there is an overpopulation of Toadettes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Johnny Aztec posted:

Nah that would be far funnier and less creepy. Tits on everything.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sounds like you guys are thinking too much about titty fanart

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheAtlasOne/status/1044295762753007616

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's not how stocks work.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe it is. Stocks are mysterious.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Didnt Nintendo get a giant spike after Pokemon Go before "totally rational men of industry" figured out that Nintendo only licensed it and it was Niantic that made it.(also Niantic didnt get a spike or didn't get as big as one)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it any more plausible than Kylie Jenner crashing Snapchat's stocks by tweeting "does anyone still use snapchat lol"?

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
The stock market operates on the same rules as Planescape: torment.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't the Apple stock once loose a couple of points because there was a rumour that they would delay a product that they didn't even announce yet? Stocks make total sense!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Your avatar looks like Vivec but from the Fallout universe.

And also that sounds familiar. Stocks follow no logic, and the plot from Jungle2Jungle is entirely possible from the stock perspective.

E:vvvv I got super sick when I was 12, staying in a 32 foot RV during the 1998 National WWII National Veteran's Reunion (my mom was the primary organizer so she was gone) and all there was to watch was the J2J VHS, Ghostbusters VHS, and TMNT II attack of the ooze recorded from TV.

I watched J2J so many goddamned times.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 08:14 on Sep 25, 2018

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Queen Combat posted:

Your avatar looks like Vivec but from the Fallout universe.

And also that sounds familiar. Stocks follow no logic, and the plot from Jungle2Jungle is entirely possible from the stock perspective.

My parents had the DVD of that movie for ages. They never watched it, or had any desire to. I never watched it, nor had any desire to. It was just there, sitting in their DVD collection unopened next to their Mrs Browns Boys DVD.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Shai-Hulud posted:

Didn't the Apple stock once loose a couple of points because there was a rumour that they would delay a product that they didn't even announce yet? Stocks make total sense!

It's pretty much just bots trading with bots at this point. If social media, all of it, is talking about a certain company in what the algorithm determines is a positive way, stock price goes up.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yep. And the largest mutual fund in the world, VTSAX, with $750 Billion in assets, is run entirely by a computer.

The stock market never makes sense and skynet is going to take it over some day.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Unless you are day trading stocks you should literally never care about daily changes in stock prices

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A lot of trading is managed by computers that trawl the internet looking for positive and negative mentions of particular businesses. When a company is getting positive buzz, they buy. When a company is getting negative attention, they sell. It's why whenever a new Anne Hathaway movie premeries, Berkshire Hathaway stock goes up. Basically, the stock market is stupid.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
So, if I want to get rich, quick, then what I should do is open a company called Clooney's Hot Stuff LLC. and just profit off of dumb twitter reading bots? I could do that.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

SomeJazzyRat posted:

So, if I want to get rich, quick, then what I should do is open a company called Clooney's Hot Stuff LLC. and just profit off of dumb twitter reading bots? I could do that.

I'm kind of out of the loop, would calling your company Clooney's Hot Blockchain LLC. still get you even more money from rubes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

SomeJazzyRat posted:

George Clooney just sold his tequila brand that was built 100% off the fact he’s Clooney and not because it’s any good for something like 750 million dollars. So...yes.

The tequila is supposed to be good, but that isn’t why it sold for so much.