Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keppke
Mar 3, 2013

Play posted:

I gotta tell you if my enormously fat wife accused me of low T just because I don't want to summit her massive bulk and spelunk my way through her folds in a quest for a vagina that a dick can't even reach,, I would never be able to stop myself from dropping a marriage-ending string of insults. God drat dude, get rid of that woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if it helps weird stylometry goon this entire account is a tiny stylometry experiment.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I should probably post some content at some point yeah

quote:

I took a new type of psychopathy test thingy: https://qst.darkfactor.org

I saw an article online about it: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/11/scientists-unlock-methods-for.html

Basically it's this idea of a general d-score for evil, similar to the i-factor used in intelligence testing.

Anyways I took it... and scored a 3.57.

Egoism: 4
Greed: 3.5
Machiavellianism: 3.86
Moral Disengagement: 2.2
Narcissism:: 3.67
Psychological Entitlement: 3.83
Psychopathy: 3.43
Self-Centredness: 3.5
Spitefulness: 3.43

and finally:

Sadism: 4.5

So basically, I'm relatively social (or at least, I don't think Trumpian blowing up the world to get an extra million is bad).

Anyways, it explains a lot. I've asked psychologists if I'm anti-social and they told me no. But I always felt like the tests lacked nuance and had other flaws. (Ex: the test for narcicism asks if you're smarter than others. At the risk of sounding like Dan Harmon, I am very smart. I have graduate education and am a published scientist. Yes, I am very smart. It doesn't make me a narcicist to admit an objective fact. I don't think that means I'm more worthy of human rights than others, though I do feel entitled to the fruits of the labor my big brain does.

Anyways, I've written in a couple other times. It looks like there's 2-3 other guys who got LOLed at as edgy so maybe we should start a webring or something. (Sup gore goon. I think seeing insides of people is kinda cool too)

Anyways, my confession is that realizing I'm a little antisocial has helped a lot. I stopped viewing personal growth as a goal, and reframed all my interactions as "passing". How much can I get away with? Have I sufficiently built up goodwill to throw X under the bus at work? (Metaphorically!). Stuff like that.

It's freeing in a way. I'm not evil. I don't torture animals for fun or poo poo like that. But I am intelligent, and capable. I'm happy to work a high paying job and deliver value, and people who want to stand in the way of that, the "Georgetown Set" that Nixon sneered at - I know deep down they are my enemies, and given then chance I will always take a shot at them. (Metaphorically.)

Can some other goons take the test so I can see how high my score is in relation to supposedly normal people?

hell, I'd object on moral grounds but you pretty much just sound like a politician

that'd be a bad joke if I was kidding

quote:

When I got divorced, a lot of people asked me why I didn't go for primary or sole residential custody of our kid. It probably would have been a slam-dunk. My ex-wife is an alcoholic/addict, mentally unstable, etc., and was at the time unemployable due to her issues. I told people that I needed to make it quick for my own sanity and ability to function in life, and that pushing for and/or winning sole custody might drive my ex-wife over the edge and make things even worse for the kiddo.

This was all true, but the real reason was that I thought having my kid around full-time would have seriously hindered my career and romantic prospects.

I am a total piece of poo poo and have regretted this decision since a year or so after the divorce. I am so ashamed of this I've never been able to tell anyone about it.

You can probably sue for it now, there isn't like a statute of limitations on this poo poo AFAIK

Swing in through the window and save ur kid anon

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

mba dropout goon: you should seriously consider chopping your dick off. If you wanna maximize that sociopathy score and really get ahead in life you’re gonna need to focus, so get rid of that distracting dong and get to work

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
The scholar defines themselves by a test.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Based on my answers, I feel like that test is highly skewed toward identifying almost everyone as "dark".

That said, I scored very high on Machiavellianism (4.86/5) and Spitefulness which sounds about right, and a 3.57 overall (just like the fesher).

You are way overthinking it in any case. This is no better than those "what disney princess are you" facebook quizzes. It will just tell you what you want to hear - if you are taking a "how dark and twizted am i", it's going to lean heavily toward "you're a super dark dangerous psychopath, share this with all the goth women you know".

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Dark personality goon: it's possible that you actually aren't antisocial in the sense of having a disorder but might have some narcissistic or sociopathic traits. If it does concern you do speak to a professional. Obviously an internet test or person can't diagnose you. However, believe it or not but most people with "dangerous" traits don't end up in jail or do major harm. It sounds like you were driven to be successful more than harmful. Still, I would personally recommend looking at your actions. "Building up enough goodwill to throw a person under the bus" might not necessarily get into illegal behavior but is still a dick move no matter what. There are perfectly legal ways to be a horrible rear end in a top hat.

I could be wrong but it sounds to me that you have some narcissism going on and the benefits of success are giving you fuel. Do you bask in the admiration of others? Is that what drives you? I won't say there's anything wrong with that just, you know, don't be a dick about it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
empathy offsets a lot of bad traits. try being nice to folks.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
every sociopath confession reads like Mr. Magoo explaining that he's actually Daredevil

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

A lot of people are just garden variety assholes

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Enfys posted:

A lot of people are just garden variety assholes

Fresh, locally sourced, farm to table assholes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Go get your kid OP jesus christ

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

sneakyfrog posted:

empathy offsets a lot of bad traits. try being nice to folks.

One WEIRD trick mental health professionals don’t want you to know!!1!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CheesyDog posted:

every sociopath confession reads like Mr. Magoo explaining that he's actually Daredevil
That's one for the notebook.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

wait wait wait

DivorceGoon you thought being a solo dad would hinder your romantic prospects?

lol god drat

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Dark personality goon: it's possible that you actually aren't antisocial in the sense of having a disorder but might have some narcissistic or sociopathic traits. If it does concern you do speak to a professional. Obviously an internet test or person can't diagnose you. However, believe it or not but most people with "dangerous" traits don't end up in jail or do major harm.

Bingo, a mental health professional isn't going to diagnose someone as having an X tendency, they are only going to diagnose someone as having an X disorder. If its not negatively affecting your life in a significant way, and so far it sounds like it isn't, its probably not going to be considered a mental disorder. Doesn't mean you aren't acting like a huge rear end in a top hat though, maybe look into that before it starts having major negative impact on your life / relationships / etc.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

alpaca diseases posted:

wait wait wait

DivorceGoon you thought being a solo dad would hinder your romantic prospects?

lol god drat
Ahahaha that didn't even register. Talk about not knowing your target market.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm pretty sure most actual sociopaths are just run of the mill assholes, and more likely to become Florida Man than politicians or CEOs.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Many of the hottest 30-something women have kids themselves because they were still hot as as 20-somethings and finding people to date you when you have kids is really hard.

When I moved from the NE to the South, the hardest part of dating is finding people who either don’t have kids yet or don’t mention church immediately.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kids are the worst. Kids you're not related to are somehow even worserer.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Any online personality test is going to be bullshit and mostly based on self-image so if you think of yourself as a cool edgelord you'll get a score that reflects that and if you think of yourself as a weepy soft puffball you'll get a score that reflects that. I went through it, and a bunch of the questions were weirdly phrased, too.

Darkgoon you sound like a pretty standard rear end in a top hat, try considering how your actions would make other people feel

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Djeser posted:

Darkgoon you sound like a pretty standard rear end in a top hat, try considering how your actions would make other people feel

If he's a genuine narcissist or sociopath there's a very real possibility that he's completely incapable of actually doing that. Or, you know, just justifying it.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Whatever his deal is, it wasn't strong enough to tip off a psychologist so I'm betting he's not actually sociopathic or anything, he's just convinced himself that it's good to be an rear end in a top hat.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Djeser posted:

Whatever his deal is, it wasn't strong enough to tip off a psychologist so I'm betting he's not actually sociopathic or anything, he's just convinced himself that it's good to be an rear end in a top hat.

This. OP, you aren't anti-social. You're an objectivist.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

mkultra419 posted:

Bingo, a mental health professional isn't going to diagnose someone as having an X tendency, they are only going to diagnose someone as having an X disorder. If its not negatively affecting your life in a significant way, and so far it sounds like it isn't, its probably not going to be considered a mental disorder. Doesn't mean you aren't acting like a huge rear end in a top hat though, maybe look into that before it starts having major negative impact on your life / relationships / etc.
This is mostly true but not entirely. For example "Bipolar II with Borderline traits" can be a mental health disorder. It's just that the traits part of it is an add-on to the primary diagnosis.

Many people think they have personality disorders, since most of the behaviors and traits of these disorders are seen in everyone (and perhaps the influence of media. What's that tv guys name? Dexter? Baxtor? Sorry I'm phone posting). Mental health providers are very accustomed to talking to clients about those fears/romanticization, so it's definitely something you can talk to your counselor/therapist/mental health professional about, Anon op.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
I took that dark factor test looking for some self affirmation for my pro social life outlook and it turns out i'm a fuckin spite-filled sadist. who knew??? (besides everyone i've ever dated)

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I learned only spite.

E: And psychological entitlement

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i took the test and it told me i'm a nice guy who doesn't mean to anything

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at the morons who desperately want to be recognized as ‘dark’ and ‘twisted’

It’s 2018, everyone, absolutely everyone, is hosed up, like hosed UP, and you don’t need a special spooky black star sticker next to your OC dragon (DO NOT STEEL) hanging on your internet fridge.

Also, everyone knowing how ‘dark’ you are doesn’t make anything better, if anything it makes everyone around you think about how much of a massive dork loser you are.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
i toss in my sweat ridden sheets, haunted by the knowledge i identify stronger with daffy than bugs

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

loquacius posted:

Goon that doesn't like alcohol

I love drinking in moderate amounts, and I love the taste of a good beer, or a nice whiskey, so you're definitely missing out on that, but count yourself blessed. Alcohol is not healthy and the less you eat of it the better. If I could be predisposed to dislike e.g. fast food, i'd be over the moon.

From what you say it sounds like you have an overactive alcohol dehydrogenase enzyme, which is not uncommon, especially in people of Asian heritage. Basically, people get sick from the accumulation of the byproducts of the alcohol breakdown process. Since you break it down uncommonly fast, those byproduct accumulate faster in your body, leading to you getting sick before you even get buzzed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

lol but seriously I posted:

i toss in my sweat ridden sheets, haunted by the knowledge i identify stronger with daffy than bugs

Bugs Bunny is my fantasy, Wile E Coyote is my reality.

Vermin Tanager
Jul 2, 2007
...the roadrunner...crawling across the edge...of a straight razor...and surviving...it's my nightmare...the horror...the horror...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
meep meep

*casts self from a bridge, creates body shaped crater on impact, is immediately crushed by anvil*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

i really loving don't like cats. maybe that's unfair to the cats: i don't like people on the internet who have cats. i don't like hearing updates about when people's cats are standing in a place where they shouldn't be or that they're lying in an inappropriate place. guess what assholes that's what cats do. you might as well be tweeting "i still have a cat". sometimes i feel like the only person on the internet without toxoplasmosis though since i grew up in a house with two cats i probably have cat worms in my brain anyway. loving thanks cats.

dogs suck too but nerds on the internet suck less about dogs so i'm less upset about that.

As a dog person, Internet dog people are exactly as insufferable as Internet cat people; they weren't for a while but they caught up

That said, though, sorry to hear about your terminal fun allergy :rip:

quote:

hi thread,

I wrote a few times about my drinking problems a while back, just wanted to say I’ve been in therapy for almost 6 months and it’s helped a lot. it sucks ‘cause you have to actually own up and directly fix things, but life is a lot better now.

but don’t gently caress your therapist

Work is hard but work is necessary, that is the way of the world

(congrats on your progress :))

That one was short, and this next one is entirely made up of someone's Bojack Horseman theories, so I think they add up to exactly one whole fesh

quote:

:siren: Warning: This confession contains minor spoilers about the new season of Bojack Horseman. :siren:

I have spoilered S5 specifc bits, but I'm assuming at this point you've caught up on the previous seasons, because you are a goon and thus have no social engagements .

I wasn't ever going to post this, or even mention it to friends IRL, but since the show seems to be blatantaly mocking it, I think it's ok.

It's my theory that some of the darker plotlines and characters on Bojack Horseman are based on real people an events.

For example, I believe that the plotline of "Escape from LA" and the later episode "That's Too Much, Man!" are inspired by real events. Specifically, I know of a 90s child star who cut ties with the entertainment industry, went to a middle of the road law school, and now works in family law in the Southwest. She did not use her legal name when acting, and ended her career early in the 90s that she doesn't have much of a web presence. She now lives in the Southwest leading a relatively normcore life.

I think the plotline about Bojack and Penny is inspired by real events. Some HollywooHollywood celebrity showed up in the Midwest, made a pass, moved onto the daughter, and got run out of town by said angry former actress turned lawyer.

There are other details I'll leave out, because believe it or not "Peaked in the early 90s, didn't make nearly enough to retire so they took their nest egg and went to get a JD/MBA/master's and lives in a city in the Southwest that isn't LA" is an extremely common trope among former 90s child/teen actors and actresses. (Especially since many were grievously abused and railroaded into settlements which they would have to pay back if they violate the NDA clause)

Anyways, this season of bojack features a plotline where the writer on Bojack's show purposefully incormporates his past misdeeds into his character to gently caress with his head.

I previously wasn't going to say anything, but now I will: I think that Bojack is partly a laundering device. Truth is an absolute defense against claims of libel/slander, but it can be expensive to fight.

But incorporating stories of famous actors improprieties into a totally fictional show - a show that goes out of it's way to be absurist and 100% not set in the real world (talking animals ahoy!). That is the ultimate troll.

To be clear, I don't think Bojack is a singular person. But I do strongly suspect that part of why some people have guest starred is because they were feeding the writers plot points to make sex pests squirm, and doing a guest voice is just icing on the cake. (Don't try to be an internet detective, they aren't stupid enough to have a guest actor be part of a plotline inspired by their life).

After all, it's An Open Secret that a lot of what's in TV/movies is just people doing self insert fiction or changing a few details about people in their own life.

Anyways I think it's goddamn hilarious that Bojack is flat out messing with people now - the new season's plotline involving the blurring of fiction and reality, abuse of women, and a disenchanted recently divorced writer purposefully trolling a hollywood rear end in a top hat is just :discourse:

Bojack Horseman is primarily, among other things of course, a satire of Hollywood culture, so this is all extremely plausible

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't hate cats but I could never have one as a pet. For one thing they show you their rear end like all the time, and not from down on the floor like a dog, they climb up on you and make sure it's all up in your face. Also they make your house smell bad but you can't tell so you think when people tell you your house smells like cat piss they are just being mean instead of honest.

Dog people, like people who breed them and take them to shows etc are just as terrible, but I think they are more rare than cat people. It feels like there are a lot more people who just happen to have a dog and won't put diapers on it and obsess about its heritage compared to people who identify as and embrace the worst aspects of being a cat lady (or the equivalent man version).

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Bojack Horseman is primarily, among other things of course, a satire of Hollywood culture, so this is all extremely plausible

I'm sure anything you could conceive of the Hollywood elite doing, has probably happened in some similar form in real life.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't hate cats but I could never have one as a pet. For one thing they show you their rear end like all the time, and not from down on the floor like a dog, they climb up on you and make sure it's all up in your face. Also they make your house smell bad but you can't tell so you think when people tell you your house smells like cat piss they are just being mean instead of honest.

In your case they know what they want.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

lol but seriously I posted:

an almost perfect Name+Post combo if it weren't for that pesky 'i'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necroid
May 14, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Also they make your house smell bad but you can't tell so you think when people tell you your house smells like cat piss they are just being mean instead of honest.

If you have a cat and your house smells bad you're just a lazy slob. Regular litter cleanup does wonders to prevent the crazy cat lady smell.