Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Adnor posted:

Not following Titans, but do they call him Dick outside that illusion?

M’gann’s the only one who calls him Rick and only in the Casablanca scenes. Everywhere else he’s Richard or Nightwing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Blockhouse posted:

yeah there's a scene with M'gann where she calls him "Rick" like eight times and Bleeding Cool (I know they suck and Johnston sucks but they've been right about all the Nightwing stuff so far) implies that this is an order from on high to change his nickname.

Quick turnaround

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Oracle posted:

Oh my god this is so stupid. She was calling him Rick because they were stuck in the movie Casablanca and Rick is Bogarts characters’ name in that movie. They even put it in quotes.

How dare you ruin our ill conceived joke. You're being a real Rick, pal.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I know it's a hard question but what ongoing runs are worth reading right now? I'm liking Justice League a lot. Is there anything else fun and not bad out there currently?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dishwasher posted:

I know it's a hard question but what ongoing runs are worth reading right now? I'm liking Justice League a lot. Is there anything else fun and not bad out there currently?

I'm really enjoying Hawkman.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mister Miracle is ongoing for another month :)

Good running series:
Wonder Woman now under Orlando and probably with Wilson coming up
Action Comics with Bendis is new but I'd say it's looking good on this title ('Superman' not as much)
Catwoman's new series
Deathstroke, though Priest is leaving at #50, but that's a year away
Justice League Dark, brand new but looks good
Silencer, Sideways and The Terrifics, though they're probably ending at their #12s
The new run on Supergirl is pretty good so far
The Wild Storm, which is a limited series, but only half way through it's 24 issues
The Dreaming is pretty neat two issues in, if you count Vertigo

Your mileage may vary:
Batman

To be seen but could be good:
Justice League Odyssey
Morrison's Green Lantern
Kelly Sue Deconnick's Aquaman
Steve Orlando's Martian Manhunter and Electric Warriors

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 25, 2018

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For what is worth, the Rick name came because Dick and M'Gann were trapped in an illusion where they were characters in a film with Dick's character being named Rick.

Also, because this is the internet someone did the math on those Damned panels and found that Bruce is a 4 incher. The more you know.

Maybe Bruce Wayne has a 4 incher*, but the Batman canonically has like a 10 inch Bat-a-wang.
Which makes sense since they are totally not the same person.

*= That cave was super cold. I swear, it's the only reason.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Batman is a grower, not a shower.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol penis.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That is 4 inches flaccid. The sky is the limit for that hog.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Wild Storm, which is a limited series, but only half way through it's 24 issues

The 24 issue series is going to turn into other books and iirc combine again for a second volume which wraps up the story Ellis wants to tell. Or maybe it's 12 issues --> spin-offs --> final 12 issues. There's already one spin-off by another author but it's really orthogonal to the main series and not that good.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I actually decided to look it up. The actual outrage is coming from the fact Bruce was circumcised from people who consider circumcision to be genital mutilation. And that's about as far as I'm willing to comment on that subject.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 25, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Onmi posted:

I actually decided to look it up. The actual outrage is coming from the fact Bruce was circumcised from people who consider circumcision to be genital mutilation. And that's about as far as I'm willing to comment on that subject.

that's pretty funny, most american males are circumcised (or at least most american males of bruce's generation)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kurtofan posted:

that's pretty funny, most american males are circumcised (or at least most american males of bruce's generation)

Anti circumcised crusaders are a small but very very vocal group.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I hope this leads to some crazy wiki entries about how the source of Bruce's true trauma is his circumcision.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Anti circumcised crusaders are a small but very very vocal group.

Maybe in America. In most other countries in the world, boys just aren’t circumcised (unless it’s for religious reasons.)

But for where Gotham is and his age, yeah Bruce would probably have gotten the cut.

Now Superman, unless there was a Kryptonian Rabbi around, shouldn’t have gotten the snip.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Question IRL posted:

Now Superman, unless there was a Kryptonian Rabbi around, shouldn’t have gotten the snip.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Remember to move on from penises to complaining about Heroes In Crisis tomorrow.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Remember to move on from penises to complaining about Heroes In Crisis tomorrow.

There's gonna be a penis in Doomsday Clock #7

https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/status/1044528611485765633

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How is Doomsday Clock still going

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Endless Mike posted:

It's been delayed a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

They announced it's never ending. All DC Comics will be rebranded as Doomsday Clock. But in the spirit of penises it will be renamed Doomsday Cock.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

the DC in DC comics now stands for Diverse Cocks.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

a hastily scribble logo "Detective Comics"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

Maybe in America. In most other countries in the world, boys just aren’t circumcised (unless it’s for religious reasons.)

But for where Gotham is and his age, yeah Bruce would probably have gotten the cut.

Superman is canonically Methodist iirc, and idk if they snip. If they did when Clark was an infant, it's definitely doable since his powers didn't really manifest until his childhood.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

pubic works project posted:

the DC in DC comics now stands for Diverse Cocks.

Mods please! Thread title change to "DC Comics- Now Stands for Diverse Cocks".

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Superman is Space Moses so definitely snipped.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Now I'm imagining that scene in JMS's Supreme Power where the scientist is figuring out Hyperion's power as an infant.

"When he was a new born, a very strong man with an Axe might have been able to kill him.
After he was a month old, you'd need to use a pneumatic press. But after that..."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Xelkelvos posted:

Superman is canonically Methodist iirc, and idk if they snip. If they did when Clark was an infant, it's definitely doable since his powers didn't really manifest until his childhood.

Something like 80% American children are circumcised, regardless of religion, though it's usually done within a few weeks of birth, so depending on how old Superman was when the Kent's found him they may have decided not to do it.

Going past the circumcision talk, has there been a story about what John and Martha actually told people about their new baby? Something beyond "Hey, we found an infant in a field, can we keep it?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In Byrne's Man of Steel the story was they had tried and lost more than one pregnancy and right after they found Clark they got hit by a blizzard that isolated them for months. So when they finally make it into town they presented him as their own son having kept the pregnancy a secret.

I think the Max Jerkwad story has him as adopted or something.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Skwirl posted:

Going past the circumcision talk, has there been a story about what John and Martha actually told people about their new baby? Something beyond "Hey, we found an infant in a field, can we keep it?"

It used to be they were snowed in for three months and just said it was Martha's, she hadn't been showing much last time people saw her.

That's gotten less technologically plausible every year though...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

They announced it's never ending. All DC Comics will be rebranded as Doomsday Clock. But in the spirit of penises it will be renamed Doomsday Cock.

:negative:

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Neurosis posted:

The 24 issue series is going to turn into other books and iirc combine again for a second volume which wraps up the story Ellis wants to tell. Or maybe it's 12 issues --> spin-offs --> final 12 issues.

They seem like they'll be staggered through, maybe some coming after the Wild Storm is complete. There's a countdown at the top of the cover of each issue.

So far the ones we're getting aside from Michael Cray are WildCATS and Zealot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thranguy posted:

It used to be they were snowed in for three months and just said it was Martha's, she hadn't been showing much last time people saw her.

It's getting meteorologically more plausible every year that someone could be isolated by extreme weather for 3 months.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Skwirl posted:

It's getting meteorologically more plausible every year that someone could be isolated by extreme weather for 3 months.

Moving Smallville from Kansas to Puerto Rico is a bold choice, but it could absolutely work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Thranguy posted:

Moving Smallville from Kansas to Puerto Rico is a bold choice, but it could absolutely work.

They could move it to the one of the Carolinas. You don't think this poo poo is going to affect Kansas in the near future?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Question IRL posted:

Wait are you saying there are anti circumcision crusaders in states that don’t do it.

What do they do

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Onmi posted:

What does the Silent Hill wiki think of the matter?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

What does the Silent Hill wiki think of the matter?

It saddens me that I am aware of this and laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Thranguy posted:

I think in a later story Jon Kent spoke to the town doctor who said "the story we told you isn't true. The real truth was a woman left the baby at our farm during this blizzard. And we don't want to report it for fear of what will happen to the boy and the mum." And since the doctor was a friend to the Kent's he signed off on their version of events and did a birth cert for Clark.