Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Darkest Auer posted:

The problem is mostly that the renters/bankers still expect you to have a stable 8-5 job in order for you to be able to live anywhere.

It suffices if you have simultaneous five to eight unstable jobs instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nenonen posted:

It suffices if you have simultaneous five to eight unstable jobs instead.

You jest, but does it actually? Every landlord and mortgage banker I've met have said that if you don't have a kokoaikainen työpaikka then just gently caress off.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Darkest Auer posted:

You jest, but does it actually? Every landlord and mortgage banker I've met have said that if you don't have a kokoaikainen työpaikka then just gently caress off.

lol if you plan to live in a city, just move to Kainuu already loser! I haven't had any issues, but then I might have been lucky and I haven't sought apartments in Helsinki.

Or say that you're a freelance start-up serial precar entrepreneur

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 23, 2018

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

You can also say that you're fulltime employed, so far no one has ever asked for proof. Then again, especially with private landlords you are bound to run into all kinds of prejudices if you are not priviledged to be a white healthy educated employed cis hetero.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

All the middle aged workers that I've talked to have been opposed to rental work because they have kids whose employment options and security it affects real hard, but it's probably hard to find a consensus on what the exact solution would be. Banning rental work altogether doesn't sound too attractive either because some people really benefit from random gig work.

The amount of people who do is literally negligible and outlawing rental work is the most attractive-sounding thing I can think of vis-à-vis starting to rebuild a welfare state.

Rental work is literally just pushing the risk of bad business onto the worker instead of the entrepreneur. Which, of course, is what the regime wants, being bougie fucks and their hännysters.

e: Or, rather, it's taking that potential risk and turning it into actual misery.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 23, 2018

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

SAK doesn't have the balls to take on something that actually matters, like vuokratyö and nollatuntisopimukset, which already allow companies to "hire" someone, have them work there for years, and then just cut their hours to zero for no stated reason. They don't have the balls because SDP, the party of old, fat, dying, workers, don't work in vuokratyö.

Younger people also are famously ambivalent about political participation, much less union participation. I don't like it but I don't exactly blame the unions or SDP in servicing the interests of their actual voters and members. Voting matters and my generation is digging their own grave by being lazy cynics who buy into the both sideeess bullshit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My Soviet-born back-mover colleague isn't at work today :thunk:

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

doverhog posted:

Maybe it's just to gauge just how gullible and soft Finland is. Just how far can we push these fools before they raid our non-state military base.

Probably something like this, yeah. GRU's MO is usually closer to "gently caress you, we do what we want" than covert operations so it fits the bill. Obviously the cops can't come out and say "oh yeah there was a Russian base there" so instead they approached the company's operations with the worst of crimes imaginable, talousrikokset. That way Russia doesn't have to respond and all the assets can be seized without issue since hey, they're just stuff bought by this Finnish company who never paid their taxes, used illegal workforce and had no proper recordkeeping. It's a surprisingly well-executed play by Supo and the FDF.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Another Berner Brainfart flat out denied:
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005839876.html

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Ruflux posted:

Probably something like this, yeah. GRU's MO is usually closer to "gently caress you, we do what we want" than covert operations so it fits the bill.

The GRU is really good at what it does on a day to day basis. It's assumed that the Novichok Adventure might be an explicit provocation to pants the UK properly.

The real interesting thing is that if this was GRU op, or was it one of those intelligence-russian oligarch partnerships without day-to-day intelligence involvement.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

All options are open. Money laundering is also within the interests of Russian government agencies who are known to do drug and arms smuggling. Although Airiston Helmi is small fry compared to Estonian Finnish Danske's laundry list.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
So how’s Kela doing nowadays?

Uhhh, welll...

https://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005838831.html

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

Extremely good timing to drop to TTT because I need to finish my degree. I can pay next month's rent and then it's done unless they actually give me something.

But on the other hand, I've long since realized there's really no point to keep on living as poor in Finland so there's no real risk anyway.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
There might be trouble brewing in the government. Due to tempers boiling over after the vote of confidence over foreign minister Soini's soloing with abortion, the Center Party are holding a crisis meeting tonight to discuss about just how loving awful National Coalition is as a government partner and should they stay in the abusive affair.

The Blues don't also want to be left out and are holding their own crisis meeting.

https://twitter.com/Simon_Elo/status/1044479228346068992

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Many lols if hallitus kaatuu anyway after parties forced everyone to prop up the toad man.

It's not going to happen because nobody involved has any principles but it would be really funny.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

I don't think it's about principles even, it's hurt egos and grandstanding and assorted bullshit.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Sote is dead, right? So they might as well bring down the government for political points or ego reasons.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

DanTheFryingPan posted:

So how’s Kela doing nowadays?

Uhhh, welll...

https://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005838831.html

It's kinda impressive that hesarin kommenttipalsta, usually a hotbed of finnchuds, is almost universally making GBS threads on the government for this. Maybe there's still a slight ray of hope for this dead gay country.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
THAT loving CONSTITUTION AGAIN!!!!!

Miten nämä spedet onnistuvatkin joka toinen viikko saamaan tämän saman otsikon aikaan, ei helvetti.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: the Soviets brought down all the cop internets in Finland as revenge for Parainen :laffo:

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Kekkonen, Kekkonen, Kekkonen

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

In happier news, we'll finally be able to enjoy terrible chicken next year.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The government has almost collapsed like ten times already, I've given up all hope, there's only half a year left, no one in there really wants to do it. Though this might slow down SOTE enough to stop it.

This is mainly theatrics and rituals to let the MPs let off some steam who are getting really antsy since elections are approaching. Lots of kepu MPs are looking at the retirements list nervously, since workhorses like Mauri, Seppo and Mikko were the ones dragging them into parliament.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I don't like it when daddy, daddy and daddy fight :ohdear:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I don't like it either.

I love it :hehe:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

Sote is dead, right? So they might as well bring down the government for political points or ego reasons.

Nobody in this mess is likely to have a career left. And their ego is a lot better served by being Important Man than infamy.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

endlessmonotony posted:

Nobody in this mess is likely to have a career left. And their ego is a lot better served by being Important Man than infamy.

I'm pretty sure the first thing they ever did was secure them a cushy EU/Suomen Pankki job

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Here it is, the poll that will define our generation:

Should we stay in winter or summer time?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I'm surprised by the silence of political parties and work market factions on this decisive vote.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

i obey The Sun God

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Just lol if anyone votes for summer time. Unless the idea is to prepare for the Russian annexation by joining Moscow time.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I voted that it's important to me to stick to every other nations timezone. Take that, Stasi.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Yes.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Neither, adopt Burger Time.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Shoot capitalist oppressors, seize means of production, go to work according to your natural cycle.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

av yv

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

i'm the small red buttplug

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is this the new EDC thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Eduskunnan turvatarkastajien "Hakkaraiselta unohtuneet kamat" -lokerikon sisältö?