Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Yeah, considering how much I absolutely hated the presale setup and all, it's shaping up to be a very interesting tour for fans. I was a bit disappointed about not having a complex stage setup, but it's allowed them to be way more adventurous than I expected, which is cool.
Also, I don't know if it's been posted here, but merch prices have been pretty good, too. I can't seem to uncover the photos I saw last week, but shirts were $25, I think sweatshirts were $45, pins were $5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

hbxli posted:

Since he's doing the saxophone thing he should just go all the way and play Purest Feeling.

:rms:

Playing all the rare live stuff and the exciting setlist-wonkery is payback for the people who were like "Old Man Trent's lost his drat mind if he thinks I'm standing in line!"

I am one of those people. :(

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Captain Hotbutt posted:

:rms:

Playing all the rare live stuff and the exciting setlist-wonkery is payback for the people who were like "Old Man Trent's lost his drat mind if he thinks I'm standing in line!"

I am one of those people. :(

I was able to get main floor tickets for ~$80 less than I would've paid had I waited in line, so. Not really upset about that one.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sleepwalkers posted:

I was able to get main floor tickets for ~$80 less than I would've paid had I waited in line, so. Not really upset about that one.

Thanks for contributing nothing other than stroking your own cock.

I've got tickets for Atlanta, and was trying to avoid spoilers, but now im more psyched than ever.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That seems an oddly aggressive response to that. I think he's more saying, to those that still do not have tickets to the tour, many dates still have tickets and many tickets on Stubhub are going for at or below face value. This will not be equally true of all dates of course but if the date you could attend hasn't happened yet you could still go and for not as much as you'd assume.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 21, 2018

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

axelblaze posted:

That seems an oddly aggressive response to that. I think he's more saying, to those that still do not have tickets to the door, many dates still have tickets and many tickets on Stubhub are going for at or below face value. This will not be equally true of all dates of course but if the date you could attend hasn't happened yet you could still go and for not as much as you'd assume.

i was able to go to the vegas shows for roughly the price of one face value ticket because the stubhub prices dropped so much.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just checked StubHub and the cheapest ticket to any of the 3 New Orleans shows is still $105 :negative:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I just checked StubHub and the cheapest ticket to any of the 3 New Orleans shows is still $105 :negative:

the nola shows are probably going to be really worth it too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the nola shows are probably going to be really worth it too.
I mean I'll go if I somehow find a ticket for a reasonable amount of money and have the money for it at the time, but I don't foresee that happening haha

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To whomever I was aggressive to, ignore it if you weren't being smarmy. My bad.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The only other tip I can give you for good ticket prices is look around Echoing the Sound, especially close to the show. They'll probably be a few people there with a friend that cancelled willing to hook a fellow NIN fan up.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
No worries with the aggression! Nine Inch Nails has always been about bringing people together, living life to the fullest, and good times.

I didn't pick up tickets because it doesn't look like they're coming to my neck of the woods. :canada:

Here, let's get back on track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qQ1pomYzk

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hi kids! Do you like violence?

Do you wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

obeyasia posted:

To whomever I was aggressive to, ignore it if you weren't being smarmy. My bad.
Yeah, no worries. I didn't mean it as :smug: as it might've come off. Definitely just meant that folks who were on the fence about face value prices or waiting in line and didn't pick them up originally might be able to snag a really good deal for some of the shows near them.
Probably not going to be the case in, like, NYC or LA, but I'm in the Detroit area and cheap seats for some shows are going for ~$30-40 less than face value (including fees). So for anyone who was on the fence and assumed they'd either not be able to get tickets or would have to pay out the rear end, check again!

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
DC tickets are also going for less than face value on Stubhub.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I, Butthole posted:

holy fuuuuck Ilan loving nails this so goddamn well

He is such a goddamn good drummer I can't get over it. Easily carried the Lostprophets when he was with them and has grown even more with NIN.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

i'm so upset i couldn't make it to a show on this tour, these setlists are breaking my heart.

also i believe this is my first post in this thread in a decade ish, and iirc last time was an extremely bad "i hope something horrible happens to trent so he makes broken/tds/tf again" style take, sorry yall

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, there is a good chance that if he doesn't play The Perfect Drug at the first Boston show, I'm gonna grab me a tickets to the second. :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Good lord, it's seriously a different surprise every night :monocle:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

happiness in slavery, last, and the perfect drug being setlist staples this tour is really really weird

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want an inverted show that starts with hurt and ends with wish

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
My favorite show was when they opened with Head Like a Hole

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

happiness in slavery, last, and the perfect drug being setlist staples this tour is really really weird
Wasn't TPD only played once?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Leon Einstein posted:

Wasn't TPD only played once?

No, I think he's played it once per city since debuting it. He even basically opened with it the other day

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm dropping this album in here for a few reasons. First being someone posted that "The Black Queen"'s first album was very similar to Pretty Hate Machine. Second is they put out a new album today (I have yet to listen to it however). Third, Bandcamp is donating all their profits to their site to a voting rights fundraiser instead.

https://theblackqueen.bandcamp.com/album/infinite-games
https://daily.bandcamp.com/2018/09/25/bandcamp-voting-rights-fundraiser/

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

axelblaze posted:

No, I think he's played it once per city since debuting it. He even basically opened with it the other day

Nice. I am debating about going to a Chicago show. I just saw The The there last weekend and don't know if I feel like driving there again so soon. It is NIN though. Now which day to pick...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IUG posted:

I'm dropping this album in here for a few reasons. First being someone posted that "The Black Queen"'s first album was very similar to Pretty Hate Machine. Second is they put out a new album today (I have yet to listen to it however). Third, Bandcamp is donating all their profits to their site to a voting rights fundraiser instead.

https://theblackqueen.bandcamp.com/album/infinite-games
https://daily.bandcamp.com/2018/09/25/bandcamp-voting-rights-fundraiser/

black queen is josh eustis's project, right?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

black queen is josh eustis's project, right?

You mean Greg Puciatos project

gamey
May 17, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

happiness in slavery, last, and the perfect drug being setlist staples this tour is really really awesome

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god :allears:

https://twitter.com/ninhotline/status/1051531174340960257

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Random thoughts from last night's NYC show
- Fragile content is still best content
- The Great Destroyer now ends with Atticus doing some jungle breaks while they turn every light on and off over and over
- Every NIN fan is old but hasn't quite realized it yet
- Best version of a NIN show since LiTS - no backup singers, minimal tambourine

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Went to both DC shows as well as night 1 of Radio City in NYC. I never saw NIN prior to 2007, but feel like it's safe to say that NIN is peaking as a live unit right now. This tour is better than all the others I've seen (Performance 2007, LITS, Wave Goodbye, Tension, Summer 2014).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Better than Lights in the Sky and Tension? :stare:

If that's true, I'm really bummed that I wasn't able to get tickets.

I mean, the setlists so far have really been making me jealous of people who've gotten to see them on this tour.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
I've had a ticket to Night 1 in Boston for a while, and based on these setlists knew I had to get one for Night 2. Done!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

magiccarpet posted:

- Every NIN fan is old but hasn't quite realized it yet

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Just because I take a potassium supplement you don't know me magiccarpet

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hi kids! Do you like violence?

Do you wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?

Wasn't it 'Do you like Primus'?

Or am I completely missing the joke? :ohdear:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wasn't it 'Do you like Primus'?

Or am I completely missing the joke? :ohdear:

That's the radio friendly edit.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Leon Einstein posted:

That's the radio friendly edit.

Oh, weird... I thought he was just referencing two bands I liked.

The radio edit is therefore better :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Woops, almost forgot, I'm old. :(