Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i thought it was nice when they started sending me pictures of the packages left in places that are not my front door

I actually got them to replace something because the photo they took obviously showed the wrong door number.
I've had nothing but issues with AZ delivery drivers.

Maybe they should hire more so they weren't 100% stressed all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
We had an Amazon driver in our area drop his pants and poo poo on the street while delivering because they don't have time for bathroom breaks.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Inzombiac posted:

I actually got them to replace something because the photo they took obviously showed the wrong door number.
I've had nothing but issues with AZ delivery drivers.

Maybe they should hire more so they weren't 100% stressed all the time.

LOL yep I'm in tempe and this is exactly what happens. Two of the deliveries have straight up had a picture with the wrong house #

Once it was on the balcony of a vacant apartment

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
In NYC any time we got upgraded delivery time they used a company called lasership that hires seedy people in seedy vans.

Once they threw my package from the sidewalk down a stairwell while I was standing in front of my door.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
I’ve actually had good luck with the Amazon delivery people. Way better than when USPS handles the packages in my area. However, one of their distribution centers is on the office park road to my gym and the line for them to get their packages sometimes blocks the road entirely and I have to cut through parking lots to get to my gym in time for a class.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My only issue with Amazon delivery drivers in Canada has been the fact that they'll leave my packages at my apartment door, which is a leap of trust I'm not comfortable with making. I mean, each of the three times I haven't been home to receive them I have found the parcel waiting for me, but I'd prefer the driver to be able to leave it in my mailbox.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, in Toronto it mostly seems to be random guys in rented Enterprise vans. I’m fine with packages on my porch, but my girlfriend has had a few go missing so she gets hers sent here too. Does anyone use the Amazon pickup locations? There seem to be quite a few near me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, in Toronto it mostly seems to be random guys in rented Enterprise vans. I’m fine with packages on my porch, but my girlfriend has had a few go missing so she gets hers sent here too. Does anyone use the Amazon pickup locations? There seem to be quite a few near me.

I was like "amazon pickup point? What's that?" until I realized that's what "pick up at post office" meant. There's a post office around the block that I'll use for more expensive purchases - I've used it in the past, it's worked just fine. Seems to take a little longer to ship to in some circumstances.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

A Turtles in Time print by Shane Hillman via Mondo because the SNES game loving rules.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I was like "amazon pickup point? What's that?" until I realized that's what "pick up at post office" meant. There's a post office around the block that I'll use for more expensive purchases - I've used it in the past, it's worked just fine. Seems to take a little longer to ship to in some circumstances.

Amazon also has non-Post Office pickup locations. I have an Amazon storefront a block from work that’s basically just a room full of lockers where you can pick up your order (it’s also fast af, loads of same day stuff without being Prime Now). I think they’re starting to stick lockers in other random places like gas stations too.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Lawen posted:

Amazon also has non-Post Office pickup locations. I have an Amazon storefront a block from work that’s basically just a room full of lockers where you can pick up your order (it’s also fast af, loads of same day stuff without being Prime Now). I think they’re starting to stick lockers in other random places like gas stations too.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lawen posted:

The lockers in other locations predate the storefronts. The storefronts are better if you have one nearby because they don't have size restrictions, but there aren't that many.

Hopefully they're still trying to expand the numbers of lockers and storefronts but they're probably more interested in their new plan to deliver to cars now.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Are you guys not allowed to have packages delivered to your work?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

JEEVES420 posted:

US goon checking in, and I've worked at places that have and places that have not allowed personal packages to be received. I'm currently at a place where the policy is that the mail room is busy enough without having to deal with your poo poo. A couple jobs back, the warehouse staff was super chill and was happy to set your stuff aside until you could pick it up.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

JEEVES420 posted:

I had a boss open up one of my packages because it was on his desk and I was out of the office

I was this close to ordering a huge box of dildos and getting a colleague to plant it on his desk when I was out because he was someone easily embarrassed. Then I realised that if I did this, the guy who was responsible for my performance reviews would think I was a collosal weirdo/pervert.

also, I'd have a huge box of dildos that I'd need to find somewhere to store.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

JEEVES420 posted:

i work from home so yes i am allowed

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I got a 22" Weber classic at Target yesterday for $44. This is basically the epitome of a classic charcoal grill with great venting, heat, and temp control. They're clearing out their summer stock at a lot of stores so check brickseek.com if you want one. 

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My father burned so much food in one of those. For a brief time in the eighties he was one of the world's leading producers of smoke.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

My father burned so much food in one of those. For a brief time in the eighties he was one of the world's leading producers of smoke.

what does his rear end have to do with bbq.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JEEVES420 posted:

I don't want to carry it all home on transit, really.

My headset stopped producing sound, so I got a new one that finally ticks all the boxes for me: wireless, good sound quality, comfortable, swappable batteries, switches to speaker output when headset is powered off.

So far so good. Mostly tested with:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

I got a 22" Weber classic at Target yesterday for $44. This is basically the epitome of a classic charcoal grill with great venting, heat, and temp control. They're clearing out their summer stock at a lot of stores so check brickseek.com if you want one. 

If it's the one in that picture (with the enclosed ash-bucket thing) that's an amazing deal.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a digital scale. According to it I weigh 3½ kg less than the last time I was weighed on a people scale (I usually weigh myself at a customer's warehouse but since I got this for 4,90€ delivered to my nearest K-Market I decided to go for it).

e: Battery included!

ee: Oh and a Xilence fan for my Microsoft Xbox home computer system.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Sep 25, 2018

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Slimy Hog posted:

If it's the one in that picture (with the enclosed ash-bucket thing) that's an amazing deal.

Yup. Even better, it fits my cast iron grates from my old Stok. Best of both worlds.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Subjunctive posted:

I don't want to carry it all home on transit, really.

My headset stopped producing sound, so I got a new one that finally ticks all the boxes for me: wireless, good sound quality, comfortable, swappable batteries, switches to speaker output when headset is powered off.

So far so good. Mostly tested with:

The Arctis 7 is a really good headset. Having the passthrough for speakers is really handy and I've never seen it on anything else.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Wacky Delly posted:

The Arctis 7 is a really good headset. Having the passthrough for speakers is really handy and I've never seen it on anything else.

I know, I've been on the verge of writing software to do the switching myself in the past. So happy.

The DAC on my speakers' USB input is probably a lot better than the one on the headset, but I can manually change inputs if I decide I'm listening that hard to something.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I needed a decanter with a stopper, so I bought the only one at Total Wine with one. It's a globe, and they advertise that you can aerate the wine by rotating the base!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE09htoOYjY

Make sure to turn up the video nice and loud to hear the sound of aeration!

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Fools Infinite posted:

In NYC any time we got upgraded delivery time they used a company called lasership that hires seedy people in seedy vans.

Once they threw my package from the sidewalk down a stairwell while I was standing in front of my door.

Nice.

Monoprice used them once for an expedited order and I saw the guy pull up to our office, he was in a minivan that was completely loaded with boxes. With the trunk open it looked like a bad game of Tetris.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
Cat drugs and an ill-advised jersey. At least the jersey was cheap

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bought tix to see Smashing Pumpkins in December. Can't wait! :rock:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

Cat drugs and an ill-advised jersey. At least the jersey was cheap

Isnt that the drug Russians keep dying from ? Cats can take it too ?

Am I missing :thejoke: here ?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Do you mean krokodil?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Blue On Blue posted:

Isnt that the drug Russians keep dying from ? Cats can take it too ?

Am I missing :thejoke: here ?

:catdrugs:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Bought tix to see Smashing Pumpkins in December. Can't wait! :rock:

I just bought a ticket for GWAR. Still need to buy tickets for Surf City Blitz and Decibel Metal Festival.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Do you mean krokodil?

Thats the one.

Brb seeing if amazon can deliver it

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Well I ordered it back in August but it's actually out and arrived at my door today, so!

Looking forward to tracing so many rays.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Raymond X. Trace

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
So my drive to work on my last writing project has disappeared because I'm obsessed with creating a replica of the battle axe wielded by Nicolas Cage in Mandy. I have the template all set but I've been procrastinating, and I've finally gotten around to buying the stuff I need to bring it to life: 24 square feet of EVA foam flooring, from which I will craft The Beast.

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Sep 28, 2018

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Did you have to go on a .... foam adventure?

I bought boring I'm almost 40 adult stuff

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Blue On Blue posted:

Thats the one.

Brb seeing if amazon can deliver it

well some of the ingredients you can get through Amazon :v:

Fun fact, if you buy 4 gallons of acetone at one time the BATFE call and ask "whatcha doing?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Blue On Blue posted:

Did you have to go on a .... foam adventure?

gently caress me, I completely forgot about that goddamned cursed video.