Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
No they suck rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

No they suck rear end

But enough about your posts...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
When doing invention, does the material efficiency & time efficiency of the bpc matter?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

When doing invention, does the material efficiency & time efficiency of the bpc matter?

nope, 0/0 is what you use

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

No they suck rear end

all u do is blow up freighters how do u know this

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

all u do is whine about blowing up freighters how do u know this

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is this a good game where a dumbass like myself can just avoid fighting and instead be an AFK farmer/money maker kind of guy

I'm always down to make the goonfleet richer but I also wanna get space rich as well

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Teikanmi posted:

Is this a good game where a dumbass like myself can just avoid fighting and instead be an AFK farmer/money maker kind of guy

I'm always down to make the goonfleet richer but I also wanna get space rich as well

PVP in this game isn't consensual, so you are always at risk of getting got, no matter where you are

but yes you can focus on PVE and not actively go out and cause trouble if that's what floats your boat

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PVE in this game is ballachingly dull, like why in the gently caress would you do that and not go shoot nerds.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
PVE used to be a way to get hella rich, chasing Draclira or minmaxing dedplexes was p cool.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

PVP in this game isn't consensual, so you are always at risk of getting got, no matter where you are

but yes you can focus on PVE and not actively go out and cause trouble if that's what floats your boat

Is reaction farms still a thing or has that gone to crapsville as well?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Teikanmi posted:

hells yes you can

RazNation posted:

it's basically like industry now, you plop all of the reactions in a refinery, install refine jobs, reactions get spit out when the job is done. much less effort, but lower margins.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

SNIGG #1

(What happened in eve in the last two years ?)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Neltharak posted:

SNIGG #1

Goons escaped from certain destruction through laziness of the groups planning their extermination, and much like letting one cockroach survive out of a nest of cockroaches, they're even bigger than before, and have in fact won EVE forever unless the game does a hard reset. But, even if you did a hard reset, goons are spergy enough and have enough established knowledge base and out of game infrastructure they would have a head and shoulders lead over any other group in the game.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RazNation posted:

The margins are crap, I wouldn't bother with reactions unless you have 500b isk and you literally can't invest in anything else at that scale.

Actually reactions are really great and profitable. Would you like to buy some reaction formula blueprints to get you started?

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 25, 2018

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Neltharak posted:

SNIGG #1

Hedliner is now the CEO of SNIGG, so you can guess how that's going

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

The margins are crap, I wouldn't bother with reactions unless you have 500b isk and you literally can't invest in anything else at that scale.

Actually reactions are really great and profitable. Would you like to buy some reaction formula blueprints to get you started?

congratulations you got me to respond

(this sheet is in the topic of gs_isk for those who are actually in this conversation in full faith)

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

(this sheet is in the topic of gs_isk for those who are actually in this conversation in full faith)

how spacerich are u querns

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Shush you! The more people that do it the lower the profits

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

how spacerich are u querns

not very, the direkkktorate only trusts me with like 5T or so of the alliance's space money

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Querns Aryth had like 200b in 2011, so I'd imagine super rich.

nvm it was Aryth

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

not very, the direkkktorate only trusts me with like 5T or so of the alliance's space money

imagine if u were as good at making money irl as u are in space

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

unfortunately the things you do to make money in eve have inconvenient labels like "human rights violation" and "objectively evil" and "rent seeking" IRL

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oddly enough though something like Forex can be legally done. Look at that ice tea company that changed their names to Blockchain Ice Tea and sold got like 500% increase in their stock value for it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Landsknecht posted:

I always thought flipping Magic cards or steam keys would be very similar to eve space business.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

I always thought flipping Magic cards or steam keys would be very similar to eve space business.

steam keys are supposedly unironically used for money laundering so it isn't too far off

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Oddly enough though something like Forex can be legally done. Look at that ice tea company that changed their names to Blockchain Ice Tea and sold got like 500% increase in their stock value for it.

Yeah and now the stock is worth like pennies. It was hilarious when they did it though because it was like rich idiots were just looking at stock tickers going CTRL+F "Blockchain" and then hitting the BUY button in whatever their broker application is, or screaming at their investor peon to BUY BUY BUY.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

Hedliner is now the CEO of SNIGG, so you can guess how that's going

gently caress, i didn't know grath hated hedliner that much. :psyduck:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

unfortunately the things you do to make money in eve have inconvenient labels like "human rights violation" and "objectively evil" and "rent seeking" IRL

Basically looking up anything that will violate the commodities exchange act is a good way to get ideas on how to manipulate eve markets.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Someone forgot to pay their rent to Hard Knocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSX8ADLXAco

Also known as "Hard Knocks dunks on a massive pile of fuckbois in capitals in a subcap fleet"

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I rmted quite a bit, gave lots of isk to spacefriends for steamgames or blizzbucks

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Does this account for taxes, or the job costs and index multiplier?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mr. Grinch posted:

Does this account for taxes, or the job costs and index multiplier?

yes, it has a user-definable reaction and manufacturing system for system cost indices, takes into account all job costs and what the alliance has set the corp fees to, as well as import/export costs

here's the configuration info:

it defaults to 1DQ1-A, the worst possible case in the entire galaxy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
My respects to whomever is stuck with fleet reimbursement these days.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A.o.D. posted:

My respects to whomever is stuck with fleet reimbursement these days.

there have been huge improvements in how fleet reimbursement is done over the years thanks to atrum

back in like 2012 it was all just manually clicking killboard links in the reimbursement thread and by 2016 when i quit it was all but automated and i was competing with some turbosperg who had a script to scrape up a chunk of requests every so often

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

i was thinking about recent events re: Drake pulling a BFM so this is a shoutout to rho squads very own

gently caress you all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwhm-B6yNI

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

i was thinking about recent events re: Drake pulling a BFM so this is a shoutout to rho squads very own

gently caress you all

who hosed/groomed/just creeped on a child now

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1s2q-Na7M

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
PROTIP: even level 4 abyssal sites are fun and solo-able with pretty simple fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

PROTIP: even level 4 abyssal sites are fun and solo-able with pretty simple fits.

What kind of money do you get out of one of those? Is it consistent, or are you hoping for a few super rare blueprints drops?