Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Zasze posted:

dawn of war 2.5 when.

Definitely not empty quoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
A DoW 2 sequel more akin to Chaos Rising with the corruption mechanic than Retribution would be kick rear end.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

The correct greatest 40k game would be something like XCOM or updated and expanded Chaos Gate. Basically Vidya Kill Team/Tactical Strike.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I still want total war: 40k

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

DrPop posted:

The correct greatest 40k game would be something like XCOM or updated and expanded Chaos Gate. Basically Vidya Kill Team/Tactical Strike.

Great news then: https://www.mechanicus40k.com

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I just want a good 40k FPS, something like Battlefield 1 but you play as Imperial Guard.

The mechanic where you get the narration at death and then take over another infantry dude would be perfect for this, even though it would be jumping every 0.002 seconds.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Xcom but you are the genestealer patriarch / hive mind for a planetary assimilation.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

quote:

A compelling story written by Black Library author, Ben Counter, specifically crafted to fit the unique personality of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction.
:rip:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Eh, most vidya gaems got worse writing than the lowest tier of Black Library anyway.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Then he's a perfect fit!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Fake James posted:

I just want a good 40k FPS, something like Battlefield 1 but you play as Imperial Guard.

The mechanic where you get the narration at death and then take over another infantry dude would be perfect for this, even though it would be jumping every 0.002 seconds.

It would be a really easy one to do, and including Space Marines and so on would be easy to work like the Characters in Star Wars battlefront.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Why does every modern 40k video game look so cheap? The UI elements especially look bad in all of them, I dunno if it's because I hate that font they all use or what.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

This looks extremely rough and their site is horrible but I might consider a try. Hardly anything about gameplay.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DO IT TO IT posted:

Why does every modern 40k video game look so cheap? The UI elements especially look bad in all of them, I dunno if it's because I hate that font they all use or what.

They are cheap

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

DO IT TO IT posted:

They switched to finecast in the game development tools.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Gimme that with a faction I actually care about, then. :shrug: I get that there are AM fans hanging about, but they've never particularly interested me.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

richyp posted:

They switched to finecast in the game development tools.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
It is worth pointing out that the game is still in alpha and everything, including the UI, is subject to change.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

jng2058 posted:

Gimme that with a faction I actually care about, then. :shrug: I get that there are AM fans hanging about, but they've never particularly interested me.

As a filthy heretic this is my issue with most GW-licensed games. I don't give a poo poo about playing as a stupid Ultramarine. Let's spread some of Papa Nurgle's love for once.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

DO IT TO IT posted:

They look cheaply made because they are cheaply made. GW licenses to anyone. There's probably a dozen different games with GW licenses in development at any time.

I mean, how many Space Hulk games have their been in the past few years? Space Hulk Tactics is upcoming. Deathwing has been released and rereleased, desperately trying to generate some revenue. I remember getting a Space Hulk game as a gift from a friend three or four years ago - but the online presence of that one is now zero. I had to look it up on my steam to be sure I hadn't imagined it. And I'm not sure I haven't missed one.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Sab669 posted:

As a filthy heretic this is my issue with most GW-licensed games. I don't give a poo poo about playing as a stupid Ultramarine. Let's spread some of Papa Nurgle's love for once.

On this note I'm a super big fan of both factions in that Rogue Trader box

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Maneck posted:

They look cheaply made because they are cheaply made. GW licenses to anyone. There's probably a dozen different games with GW licenses in development at any time.

I mean, how many Space Hulk games have their been in the past few years? Space Hulk Tactics is upcoming. Deathwing has been released and rereleased, desperately trying to generate some revenue. I remember getting a Space Hulk game as a gift from a friend three or four years ago - but the online presence of that one is now zero. I had to look it up on my steam to be sure I hadn't imagined it. And I'm not sure I haven't missed one.

Deathwing is extremely good IMHO

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Basic Necron Kill Team Tactica.

A look inside Wake the Dead.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

susan posted:

Test fitting bits on a Titan leg. Think it needs more bling, other than a forward gun mount and LEDs in the windows?

It needs to not look like you glued some poo poo on a cardbord box and sprayed it black.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

susan posted:

Test fitting bits on a Titan leg. Think it needs more bling, other than a forward gun mount and LEDs in the windows?

Yes, like a lot more bling. It looks like a cardboard box. LEDs will not help.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

susan posted:

Its very dark so I cannot see how "3d" the build is. My contribution is that you need to remove those toe like appendages and bulk them up significantly. You need to use strips of card/plasticard to add gothic style structural elements. I have included a really lovely example below:

At the moment it looks like a cube with items glued to it. I don't know how committed you are but be careful of burning out on a large project. A whole smaller titan is better than the leg of an imperator.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Raphus C posted:

I don't know how committed you are but be careful of burning out on a large project. A whole smaller titan is better than the leg of an imperator.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Technowolf posted:

Basic Necron Kill Team Tactica.

A look inside Wake the Dead.

where's my goddamn Delaques

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is my gaming group the only one that calls them "del ah queue"? I heard the badcast say delock and almost fell off the treadmill.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Jack B Nimble posted:

Is my gaming group the only one that calls them "del ah queue"? I heard the badcast say delock and almost fell off the treadmill.

duh-lacks

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

where's my goddamn De faq

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

where's my goddamn Delaques

Dey lack them.

:downsrim:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jack B Nimble posted:

Del-ah-queue here as well. At least it was like 15 18 years ago?

I think it's from the Algonquin Ratskin meaning "Place by the waters where the loving euros showed up" "Baldy genestealer bitches"?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
del-ACK.

Rhyming with Spell Crack.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Dey-laach sweeties.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Jack B Nimble posted:

To be more word-wrong than the Badcast is a shameful achievement.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Literally a decade ago but yeah people said “Day luh queue”

Hecking excited for models

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Is this Space Wolves transfer sheet new? Because I could have sworn I checked their transfer sheets a couple of months ago and there was only the Tau sept sheet and the Vior’La sept sheet.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Stephenls posted:

Is this Space Wolves transfer sheet new? Because I could have sworn I checked their transfer sheets a couple of months ago and there was only the Tau sept sheet and the Vior’La sept sheet.

Its an A4 sheet so I imagine it is new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What are my options for miniatures if I want to make Chaos Cultist kill-team? I see that Games Workshop sells a ~$15 5 miniature press-fit box, but it doesn't seem to have the same range as the miniatures featured in Dark Vengeance. Are those DV models, specifically the pair of leaders and heavy weapons, only available in the second-hand market?