Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
listening to one video game song on loop at high volume at work today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

it's a good song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cheetah7071 posted:

listening to one video game song on loop at high volume at work today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

it's a good song

good taste club :hfive:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Today I got an email from an air force recruiter offering a med school scholarship for full tuition and a $2300 monthly stipend which sounds insanely good, but I also don't know about joining the military and am concerned about what sort of commitment they'd want after getting my doctorate. So that's what I've been mulling over today, how's everyone else doing?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

good taste club :hfive:

Atelier Ayesha wasn't perfect and I think the same ideas and team could have resulted in a slightly stronger game if made today (mostly just through clarity of player goals) but I think it's cracked my top 5 JRPGs. If it had had a more involved crafting system like Sophie or Lydie and Suelle I think it would have been my favorite JRPG period

e: for clarity, I just finished it last night. The "clarity of player goals" thing is mostly just me being annoyed that I missed out of Keithgriff's friendship events because I saved Nio first

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 25, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Saint Freak posted:

Until I see that crown version of every character I'm withholding judgement

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Atelier Ayesha wasn't perfect and I think the same ideas and team could have resulted in a slightly stronger game if made today (mostly just through clarity of player goals) but I think it's cracked my top 5 JRPGs. If it had had a more involved crafting system like Sophie or Lydie and Suelle I think it would have been my favorite JRPG period

e: for clarity, I just finished it last night. The "clarity of player goals" thing is mostly just e being annoyed that I missed out of Keithgriff's friendship events because I saved Nio first

I still haven't played an Atelier game but I keep meaning to. Enter my headspace when I'm playing/addicted to something else

Sucks about missing those events though, I hate game design flubs like that because I almost never replay games, even those I adore

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I would love to see just how Nintendo is reacting to everything that has happened in the last week or so.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hunt11 posted:

I would love to see just how Nintendo is reacting to everything that has happened in the last week or so.

Cooler heads will prevail and this, too, shall pass like all fads

Especially when they remember the following fact:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Miyamoto sweating... from titillation.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

I still haven't played an Atelier game but I keep meaning to. Enter my headspace when I'm playing/addicted to something else

Sucks about missing those events though, I hate game design flubs like that because I almost never replay games, even those I adore

Ayesha seems to be consensus best so that's not just my opinion. PS3/Vita with Vita being the marginally superior version, so it may be a pain to play depending on what you have. I'd basically just recommend checking a guide in Ayesha whenever you feel like you're spinning your wheels, rather than continuing to let them spin like I did.

The modern ones are much better about that kind of stuff. I'd say Lydie & Suelle (the most recent one) has better gameplay but is worse on story/writing/characters/music. It's on PS4/Switch/Steam though so it's much easier to play.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Yeah I've got L&S hanging around. I'm mostly a PC guy out of convenience nowadays :v:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Today I got an email from an air force recruiter offering a med school scholarship for full tuition and a $2300 monthly stipend which sounds insanely good, but I also don't know about joining the military and am concerned about what sort of commitment they'd want after getting my doctorate. So that's what I've been mulling over today, how's everyone else doing?

theyre getting desperate
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1043791001511481344

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuN7RvX7R78

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Bowsette will probably remain A Thing for at least a year but the insane pace of like one art every five minutes it got the past few days can't last more than a week, tops

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ok my last contribution to the bowsette thing is sharing this tweet

https://twitter.com/ivanpapiol/status/1044177081729523712

step on me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Miyamoto gonna go Yoko Taro and ask for the zip file of all the Bowsettes.

Also I am listening to this, which is video game adjacent.

https://youtu.be/_Qu21okAmio

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

That pay packet's pretty good, as a civvie PhD in EE I got 20K/year which is pretty standard. Is it a PhD or MD program though? Air Force is pretty lax (they don't call it the Chair Force for nothing) but you ought to ask GIP or reddit about the gotchas. Can't help you re: the morality of serving in the (USA?) military though, sorry.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Poops Mcgoots posted:

If you meet with a recruiter and he verbally promises stuff get it in writing because my friend was lied to by a recruiter about how many years he had to do for the army after med school

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Last guy I know who joined the US military got killed in Iraq. Wasn't air force though.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

It'd be for either an MD or DO for the US air force, yeah. I kind of assumed whatever I have to do after wouldn't be too bad since I'd be getting a graduate degree and wouldn't just be a grunt or whatever. And from what I heard of the air force from dudes I knew in undergrad, I kind of assumed I'd be mostly giving antibiotics for some frisky dudes in Germany or Okinawa. Now my biggest concern is whether trump starts a land war and I have to run from a nuke like snake in the end of metal gear. I'll ask around though in GiP or reddit like was suggested though, thanks y'all!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

I said come in! posted:

What is this going to even accomplish? If people are looking for money, how do they expect to get anything from a company that has nothing sitting in its bank account right now?

the reason they can sue is that the company has announced they are hiring people to work on TWD season 4. companies that cannot afford severance can be exempted from it but apparently they got funding somehow

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Ayesha seems to be consensus best so that's not just my opinion. PS3/Vita with Vita being the marginally superior version, so it may be a pain to play depending on what you have. I'd basically just recommend checking a guide in Ayesha whenever you feel like you're spinning your wheels, rather than continuing to let them spin like I did.

The modern ones are much better about that kind of stuff. I'd say Lydie & Suelle (the most recent one) has better gameplay but is worse on story/writing/characters/music. It's on PS4/Switch/Steam though so it's much easier to play.

Ayesha is also on PSNOW if you're insane and want to subscribe to Sony's Wild OnLive Ride

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

the military often puts extremely hosed up fine print restrictions on... well, everything they promise you. i got a buddy who did his time in the navy and they promised him a free ride for college, and now that the time has come for him to cash in on it, it has been revealed that they're only paying for 18 months to get all the credits of a four year degree.

uncle scam is the biggest liar

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Ayesha is also on PSNOW if you're insane and want to subscribe to Sony's Wild OnLive Ride

I read they're adding (or already added? idk) an option to download PS Now games so you can play them offline which is cool I guess

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I read they're adding (or already added? idk) an option to download PS Now games so you can play them offline which is cool I guess

that doesn't make sense

e: apparently its that you can download any ps4 games on psnow to your ps4, but that doesnt apply here

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 26, 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh ok I didn't realise it was only PS4 games

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently there is now a #princess king boo for Luigi and the fanbases of bowsette / booette are now fighting

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Poops Mcgoots posted:

The first and only thing you should know is they are lying to you.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

I said come in! posted:

The first and only thing you should know is they are lying to you.

This: as someone who made the mistake of joining the military, I would only recommend it if you think you may be still be happy with the decision if you get nothing they promised and you thrive in toxic cultures.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
So, what the gently caress is this crown, other than stupid Twitter poo poo? No, I’m not Googling it; I’d like to stay off of any watch lists, TYVM.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Double Punctuation posted:

So, what the gently caress is this crown, other than stupid Twitter poo poo? No, I’m not Googling it; I’d like to stay off of any watch lists, TYVM.

in the Switch port of NSMBU, you can play Toadette and she has a crown powerup that turns her into a peach look alike. Later a comic was made showing is bowser put on this crown and the rest is history.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

It's from the nintendo direct. It's Toadette's equivalent of the mushroom and turns her into Peachette, which is Peach but with Toadette's hair (which is weird and hosed up if you think about it)

Then someone drew what they thought bowser would look like wearing the crown and it blew up for some reason

Also, anime tits will not put you on any watchlists c'mon

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

axelblaze posted:

in the Switch port of NSMBU, you can play Toadette and she has a crown powerup that turns her into a peach look alike. Later a comic was made showing is bowser put on this crown and the rest is history.

Lol, they ported that but not SM3DW? :cmon:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

What is it with goons and watchlists

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Also, anime tits will not put you on any watchlists c'mon

Even the FBI is into anime tits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bowser is over 40 years old and a father of 8, i dont think seeing him with big titties is illegal

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Nobody tell them that gender-swapped Bowser is an actual thing Nintendo did.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The koopa kids are not Bowsers kids, iirc. I think they're his nephews and nieces, which raises the question of where their parents are. Bowser Jr. is his one and only child.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bloodychill posted:

The koopa kids are not Bowsers kids, iirc. I think they're his nephews and nieces, which raises the question of where their parents are. Bowser Jr. is his one and only child.
he murdered their parents in the koopa succession wars and took them in as a form of repentance

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

bowser is over 40 years old and a father of 8, i dont think seeing him with big titties is illegal

:siren::siren:Please pull over your posting vehicle:siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Superstar Saga already has canon turtle boobs

• Locked thread