Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Drone posted:

Just got a Note 9 and sad to see that King of Dragon Pass is apparently incompatible with it (either because of the device itself or because of Android 8, not sure which).

Any decent suggestions for a game to play on a transatlantic flight with no internet access, since that was sorta my "dive into this game for hours" fallback.

80 Days
Dungeon Warfare
Polytopia
Solitairica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rastor posted:

Pocket City deserves a lot of love for making a Sim City which is actually Sim City, no in app purchases or genre blending

What? But how will I enjoy the game if I can't build a Statue of Liberty (takes 48 hours) by spending 250 City Gems(tm) on it?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Osmosisch posted:

I'm pleasantly surprised by Card Monsters. Fun little card game with a poo poo-ton of secondary activities. Also gives extremely generous to free players so far (I've played off an on for a week).

This is kinda neat, but very poorly translated. Art is nice, but the gameplay is really simplistic. There's a prerelease event starting today, so I'll probably stick with it though that and see how it ends up.

e: also, it's registering my taps like a half inch below my actual tap on my pixel 2 xl :argh:

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 24, 2018

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Grem posted:

Anyone still play Muscle Hustle? Picked it up and desperately need friends. Much like RL.

My user id is 642322

If you look in my post history for this thread, there's a link to a Google doc with goon codes. I changed the doc to view-only mode a few days ago though, since I noticed nobody had edited it in months. You can certainly try the codes if you want, but I haven't played for a long time.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Just got a new Moto 6, what's your current favorite offline game?

Edit: Oh I see someone just asked similar, awesome :D

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Just downloaded Groove Coaster 2, it seems like a fun distraction. Is there anything worth purchasing or should I just stick to the default free tracks?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
As I recall, the GC2 mobile song packs are grouped by composer/genre, so if you feel like spending money you can generally tell if you're going to like a pack by listening to one of the songs. If you're a rhythm game veteran and you're liking GC2, you might want to buy some packs for immediate access to difficulty 11+ maps--there aren't many free tracks that go that high and they take some time to unlock.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also if you're enjoying mobile rhythm games and haven't tried Cytus 2 you should, that game owns

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Go RV! posted:

This is kinda neat, but very poorly translated. Art is nice, but the gameplay is really simplistic. There's a prerelease event starting today, so I'll probably stick with it though that and see how it ends up.

e: also, it's registering my taps like a half inch below my actual tap on my pixel 2 xl :argh:

Does pixel2 have a non-16:9 screen? If so does it have app compatibility options?

It's buried pretty deep in the settings on my oneplus, but there's a setting to force particular apps to 16:9 that fixes that issue.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Sockmafia posted:

Meteorfall: Journeys just got updated with some balance changes and new content.

EDIT: Detailed change notes can be found here --> http://meteorfall-game.com/patch_notes.txt

I'm glad they keep adding to this game. It's a great game to play while pooping.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Drone posted:

Just got a Note 9 and sad to see that King of Dragon Pass is apparently incompatible with it (either because of the device itself or because of Android 8, not sure which).

Any decent suggestions for a game to play on a transatlantic flight with no internet access, since that was sorta my "dive into this game for hours" fallback.

Guild of dungeoneering, downwell, oxenfree

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Is Dragalia Lost the Nintendo gacha I've been waiting for

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Kiranamos posted:

Looking forward to finding out on Thursday. My bold prediction is that it is going to be really good or really bad.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kiranamos posted:

It can't be worse than the other ones they've put out (can it? :ohdear:)

It's done by DeNA, so I hope it's Final Fantasy Record Keeper quality...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is Record Keeper the one where the internal docs were hacked away and it turns out they actively lower drop rates to keep whales hooked or is that one of the other FF gachas?

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:

Grem posted:

Anyone still play Muscle Hustle? Picked it up and desperately need friends. Much like RL.

My user id is 642322

Hell yeah, Muscle Hustle!
I still play this too! 319047
Brother

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

It can't be worse than the other ones they've put out (can it? :ohdear:)

It's done by DeNA, so I hope it's Final Fantasy Record Keeper quality...

Dragalia Lost is done by Cygames - Granblue Fantasy. Nintendo bought 5% of Cygames for this project so it's probably going to be good.

cogito ergo incommo
Apr 2, 2010

Len posted:

Is Record Keeper the one where the internal docs were hacked away and it turns out they actively lower drop rates to keep whales hooked or is that one of the other FF gachas?

That's Extalla, as I recall.
You hardly ever need to pay money to use the gacha in Record Keeper. They're generous enough with the currency and you only get equipment from it anyway. You get characters through normal gameplay.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Len posted:

record keeper is the one that's a webpage pretending to be a video game

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Len posted:

No, that Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.

cirus posted:

Dragalia Lost is done by Cygames - Granblue Fantasy. Nintendo bought 5% of Cygames for this project so it's probably going to be good.

Oh. I thought it was DeNA, since they partnered with them. Huh.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Playing Cytus, fun game, but I keep having the back/top/list buttons show up whenever I hit certain notes? it's extremely irritating. How do I disable those from coming up during specifc games?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Been playing some Chinaspire, and it's basically old Slay the Spire (no defect, pre-rework Evolve, etc, very old relic/potion set) but kind of obnoxious. This is mostly because the Mario Party dice movement style + the fact that the map is hidden makes it impossible to pick out a good path. You can't hunt elites/campfires in Act 1, so your deck will be substantially weaker, and you can't run away from elites in Act 2 meaning that you're just going to kind of eat poo poo sometimes. It's been a long time since I've been at serious risk of dying in non-Ascension Spire unless I draft something real stupid for fun, but this game is kicking my rear end. My win rate is probably < 40%.

Some other notes:

- It's kind of good that the game is ripping off of Spire for all of its cards because God knows I wouldn't be able to figure out what some of them do from the mangled translation.
- ahahaha they renamed a card "Strike without Reservation" but it doesn't affect Perfected Strike.
- There are six "characters", but they're all just different starting relics for Ironclad and Silent. Naturally, the definitely-overpowered one (+1 card/turn on silent) is the expensive one.
- You're not going to be able to unlock a Silent without paying. You're just not. You get like 150 gems for a full winning game and it costs like 10k or some poo poo.
- You can't choose to refuse a treasure chest node in Chinaspire, which makes Cursed Key a lot iffier. Naturally, I've yet to see a Sozu.
- In general, it's much harder to draft thin/cycling decks, because there are nodes on the map which randomly give you cards or curses (yikes).
- There's a really weird endless(?) mode where you you take a winning character through randomly generated gauntlets with maluses being applied. The further you get, the more bonus unlock points you get (but not enough to actually, like, unlock a Silent or anything). It's stupid, but so was Spire's endless mode, so there's that.
- There are no combat speedup options. There are no combat speedup options. There are no combat speedup options. If you're used to turning animations off in Spire, this game is glacial.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
oh there's one huge balance changeup they threw in, and i don't think it's for the better--ironclad starts with shred, a 0-energy attack that deals 3 damage, tripled (x5 after upgrade) if the target has weak or vulnerable. i think it's an attempt to give china-ironclad an analogue to neutralize, but shred multiplies its final damage after applying strength, which basically means that china-ironclad gets a strength-scaling card on par with heavy blade in its starting deck if you draft debuffs.

because of all the ironclad cards that definitely needed a huge buff, demon form and limit break+ are definitely up there.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I mean, last I played, Demon Form sucked really hard :v: .

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Capcom's 3DS title, Monster Hunter Stories, is now out. There's a free demo version, MHST The Adventure Begins, and the full version, which costs $19.99. There are NO IAPs.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Kheldarn posted:

Capcom's 3DS title, Monster Hunter Stories, is now out. There's a free demo version, MHST The Adventure Begins, and the full version, which costs $19.99. There are NO IAPs.

Granted I am already a huge monster hunter fan, but I really enjoyed this on the 3ds. The battle system has more going on than you might think on seeing that rock-paper-scissors screen, and the gene system you have for customizing your monsters' stats and moves gives you a lot to do in building your team. Assuming the mobile controls work good I highly reccomend it to anyone looking for something pokemon-y.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also out now is Professor Layton: Curious Village in HD, for $9.99.

Harvest Moon: Light Of Hope should be out by the end of the week (though if you really want to play it now, and have an iOS device, it's out on iOS...)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Kheldarn posted:

Thanks trying this now. Ive been looking for something MH related while not at home.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

Len posted:

Do you have a link for this?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chaitai posted:

Do you have a link for this?

This just came up a couple weeks back in the iOS Games thread, so here. Enjoy seeing how Gumi is poo poo.

BGrifter posted:

For fans of entertaining drama the Final Fantasy Brave Exvius subreddit is burning everything down over developer greed. Oh and it sounds like this weekend is the “fan fiesta” in Seattle.

Len posted:

Please elaborate

BGrifter posted:

The fan base has been getting progressively angrier over the last year, this appears to be the boiling point for a lot of them.

FFBE has one of the most punishing gachas in mobile. A 10+1 pull costs about $30 and only guarantees a 4* as the +1. For most of the game’s life a base 5* unit was set at 1% odds, 3% more recently.

The developers recently pushed out a system that allows 5* base units to be leveled up to 7* by combining two identical base 5* units. They’ve handled this in pretty much the worst way imaginable. So now you not only have to hit that 3% chance for a 5* unit, you need to draw two copies of that same unit.

There’s tons of other stuff like modifying banners from the Japanese version to feature two units (usually the added one being trash) to force players to spend more to get the 5* they’re targeting. Cutting access to “Unit of Choice” tickets to a third of what the Japanese version of the game has. It’s a long list of smaller issues rather than one big hilarious fuckup.

baram. posted:

for like a year the pulls in FFBE weren't set so that you get a unit with the minimum rarity you pulled.

so you could finally get a 5* pull only for it to be a pre-evolved version of some 3* trash unit.

BGrifter posted:

Yeah, there’s waaaaaaaaay too much lovely stuff in FFBE to reasonably cover it all. Hell, I’m sure most of us have forgotten half of it.

The high point of the game was when hackers sent out a bunch of free in game currency and hacked the Gumi website demanding a ransom in buttcoins.

Elephant Parade posted:

I need to hear this story. Did Gumi take the currency away afterwards?

BGrifter posted:

I'll do my best to tell it from memory, the only news article I could find with a quick search was some shill calling it a "potential hack" and glossing over a bunch of stuff.

So one day last year for a few hours players who logged in mysteriously found 5k free lapis, the paid currency, added to their accounts. Gumi panicked and brought the game down for what would end up being several days. Their website was also hacked and replaced with this.

The hackers demanded payment in bitcoin or threatened to release the source code for all their games. If memory serves that's where we got the PDF containing all of Gumi's plans marketing and event-wise as well. It was their internal document about which banners would happen on what dates, how to maximize profits on bundles, etc. It was pretty plainspoken about their "gently caress you, giev money" attitude and clearly intended only for internal consumption.

The game stayed down for a few days while Reddit mods did their best to delete references to the hacking and defend the company. Tons of the creepy Stockholm syndrome weirdos would downvote the poo poo out of anything critical of Gumi. When the game finally did come up the people who received currency from the hack ended up keeping it, and players got a compensation bundle for the days of downtime.

The compensation bundle:
NRG restore (10) x20
Summon Ticket x 3
Lapis x 900
Advance Token x 20
Ancient Coin x 3

The whole thing was a colossal shitshow. Gumi barely communicated at all the whole time while people panicked their Facebook logins could be compromised. Somehow this didn't kill the game off entirely.

If anyone remembers details I'm forgetting feel free to chime in with them, I'm sure I'm missing stuff.

Elephant Parade posted:

lmao wow. thanks for the info; I'd love to a link to the PDFs if you have one

Ugato posted:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lMFyIinPHxDA6v87j0GgdVXeJkDQfzGJ this is a zip file of all of it. If you want a direct link to anything in particular I have them uploaded individually as well. I'm assuming you probably want a link of the earnings since it's for a generic iOS gaming thread. Can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_OAr9ritSJQSnQ3dTE3ekFhSFE

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Oh that's the game where one guy ruined his life by spending tens of thousands of dollars on it, isn't it.

I mean this probably happens often but I remember reading an article about it, calling out the game's skeevy whale-tempting methods.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Morpheus posted:

Oh that's the game where one guy ruined his life by spending tens of thousands of dollars on it, isn't it.

I mean this probably happens often but I remember reading an article about it, calling out the game's skeevy whale-tempting methods.

F2P games companies used to reach out to their biggest whales to offer them a meet&greet tour of the corporate headquarters but they kept encountering the scenario where the whale couldn't afford the trip because of being tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt and I don't think any of them has offered something like that in a long time

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

I made the right choice with ffrk

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rastor posted:

F2P games companies used to reach out to their biggest whales to offer them a meet&greet tour of the corporate headquarters but they kept encountering the scenario where the whale couldn't afford the trip because of being tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt and I don't think any of them has offered something like that in a long time

Pretty sure the top whale for Marvel: Strike Force did this a few months back and then went on Reddit to detail his journey. I know we all had a good laugh when we found out they didn't even comp them the plane tickets after spending what must have been easily tens of thousands of dollars on their shitass game.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Isn't one of the biggest spender news articles about that one California man that spent near over $1M on Game of War?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, I'm in the Old School RuneScape mobile beta. I should probably post about it.

It's pretty cool on my S9+. No performance issues (not surprising). Pressing smaller things in game can be tough but zooming in helps. The ui could use some tweaking to fit tapping better but it's great for skilling and other grinds. It also uses no data. I play at work and it used like 6 MB across three days.

I'll happily answer any questions if anyone has any.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Agoat posted:

I'll happily answer any questions if anyone has any.

Why are you paying a monthly sub for Runescape?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

This gives me hope that the Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright crossover game might eventually make its way over to Android

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Why are you paying a monthly sub for Runescape?

Because $10 doesn't break the bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
which one of the star gatcha bullshit games is the best. The Fire Emblem tactics one is kinda fun but it seems like its been out awhile and has layers and layers of different nonsense already stacked on for long time players while the new player content is garbo. Is there any other ones that are worthwhile.