Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

previously if there were issues with walmart produce they would have to contact each step in the supply chain in an extended game of telephone to find out where the produce came from. now with the revolutionary technology of recording information...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
derrièrecoin

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

feces specie

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Ghostlight posted:

previously if there were issues with walmart produce they would have to contact each step in the supply chain in an extended game of telephone to find out where the produce came from. now with the revolutionary technology of recording information...

tracking down sources of contamination in the food supply chain is really serious business. on the other hand it's really grim that one of the biggest retail companies in the world takes it so un-seriously that they are promoting an ad blitz about it that touts one of the dumbest software technologies ever made

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

BMan posted:

Wow: Walmart will *require* food suppliers to use a database

now they can look up their food inventory in seconds!!! :chanpop:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

mongodbcoin is foodscale

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
its like those now with real cheese commercials where it just brings up questions of how horrible everything was before and why are you saying this how canitbegoodforprwhy

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Grace Baiting posted:

mongodbcoin is foodscale

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/alexandrascaggs/status/1044681086062788608

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The last IBM Blockchain helped Hitler exterminate the Jews.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

quote:

ASKfm did not actually drop tokens out of the rocket; instead, part of the rocket parachuted into Northern Scotland carrying tokens and ASKfm took them out and buried them nearby because, er, Skyrora wanted its rocket back.

laaaaaame

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Legit question, is people erasing the labels on a good and putting a new label on a big problem in the food industry? If things are mislabelled at the start, how would a blockchain possibly change anything?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

blockchain is immutable

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
put blockchain on the blockchain

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

tracking down sources of contamination in the food supply chain is really serious business. on the other hand it's really grim that one of the biggest retail companies in the world takes it so un-seriously that they are promoting an ad blitz about it that touts one of the dumbest software technologies ever made

i don't think getting techcrunch.com to post one article counts as an ad blitz

also the article very prominently and repeatedly refers to ibm so i assume that's who's behind it, walmart is not traditionally big about spilling how it does logistics

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nytimes did one

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Sedge and Bee posted:

Legit question, is people erasing the labels on a good and putting a new label on a big problem in the food industry? If things are mislabelled at the start, how would a blockchain possibly change anything?

it changes a lot its just that first you have to spend ten trillion dollars in sensors and chips and embark on the unending nightmare of making every single banana in the world connect to the wifi

look, we made the novelty souvenirs for the magnetto hyper velocity trains, someone else just has to lay the track. and design the trains. and create the concept of magnetto hyper velocity

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
ill start the wiki

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i still miss arthur p. cheltham. truly wish he would post again

i'll... start the wiki...

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Weatherman posted:

ill start the wiki

:wrong:

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
the eggheads put watson on the blockchain

how will they revolutionize advertising next

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

it changes a lot its just that first you have to spend ten trillion dollars in sensors and chips and embark on the unending nightmare of making every single banana in the world connect to the wifi

hello i am a banana and my name is 28f4b41b-d117-4810-affc-09a5144e71de

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Hammerite posted:

hello i am a banana and my name is 28f4b41b-d117-4810-affc-09a5144e71de

(repeat a bunch of times)

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i still miss arthur p. cheltham. truly wish he would post again

what did arthur p. cheltham post? i faintly recollect the name so probably something funy

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Herman Merman posted:

what did arthur p. cheltham post? i faintly recollect the name so probably something funy

I'll start the wiki

...!
Oct 5, 2003

is the wiki on the blockchain?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:thunk:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

fisting by many posted:

this is just... throwing a bunch of documents into an unsorted pile? online?
ah, so it's sharepoint

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
if that's the best walmart can do wrt traceability i bet they got a finding in an fda inspection and are trying to claim they're fixing it this way

fda takes traceability and control of supply chain extremely seriously and it's heavily on the seller, 7 days to even sort out what might need to get off the shelf is total poo poo

Feinne fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 26, 2018

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Chris Knight posted:

ah, so it's sharepoint

Only if it loses all the documents regularly.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
oh yeah fun fact to use ibm's blockchain product for a gmp application they're going to have to do a full validation on it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Got some new exciting crypto spam opportunity in my email.

quote:

Hello!

New strategic partnership WalkyFit and Humancoin! Massive adoption of Humancoins continues!

Humancoin is proud to announce a new strategic partnership with WalkyFit, the innovative results-driven App https://www.walkyfit.com

The Fitness App WalkyFit (can be downloaded at Appstore or Google Play) is a gaming solution used by cryptocurrency enthusiasts, using a brilliant concept: a patent-pending technology, transforming movements into a decentralized token distribution with the goal of spreading around the knowledge of Blockchain. Both WalkyFit users and Humancoin community will experience different benefits about the synergy of the two partners.

WalkyFit users will fuel the Humancoin tokens growth and the popularity of the token will keep growing. WalkyFit patented token decentralized app dispenser allocates tokens according to the user physical activity (walking, sports) and using an augmented reality game - “coins rain” - creates rains of tokens where users are located and that users can hunt. Free users receive basic benefits but Premium users pay for a service that drives behaviors and make them learn new concepts - both theoretical and practical - about the usefulness of the blockchain.

With actually over 55.000 free users and over 5.000 active Premium WalkyFit users in the world, the partnership seems to be a great incentive to make the world know more about Humancoin project and token economics.

💥Additionally, Humancoin informs you that if you buy from 5 eth you can receive additional bonus.

Please write to info@humancoin.net in case of any questions.

Also, do not forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Youtube.

I've read walkyfit's website, and I have no idea what the app does, apart from that it has something to do with fitness. It's unintelligible word salad with poor grammar.

quote:

We designed Apps to certify your daily "physical activity". We want a better future: secure, ecologic, right and free. Starting from your daily habits you too can change the world.

Immagine you can save C02, help the environement, live a 100% wellness style and get useful tips in a growing market.

Immagine. Just immagine you can save C zero two.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
CNN had a giant banner article yesterday about "is it time to get back into crypto" and while I'm not one of those idiots who denounces fake news I really feel like they should be liable for some of the financial ruin they are going to inflict on gullible morons with this poo poo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Paladinus posted:

Got some new exciting crypto spam opportunity in my email.

I've read walkyfit's website, and I have no idea what the app does, apart from that it has something to do with fitness. It's unintelligible word salad with poor grammar.

Immagine. Just immagine you can save C zero two.

Massive adoption of Humancoins continues

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

*kramers into room at extreme speed* DID ANYONE SAY HUMAN COIN: COINS FOR PEOPLE YET?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

the greendale humancoin

we've even got a logo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dogecoin is humancoin's best friend.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
burrocku chainu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Possibly programmability against the data

• Locked thread