Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

Frog Act posted:

my ex told me that a bunch of times. she felt a rich person simply couldn't mismanage the economy or, in particular, diplomatic affairs, because they're "negotiators". and she was a nonvoting apolitical retarded starchild. anyone stupid was really vulnerable to that particular line of thinking because it is so thoroughly baked into the capitalist discourse
he mismanaged most of his businesses, so he's got experience at what not to do! (this sounds like the case for Carly Fiorina too)

sounds like someone who doesn't realize that wealth generation is mostly gravitational

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Frog Act posted:

my ex told me that a bunch of times. she felt a rich person simply couldn't mismanage the economy or, in particular, diplomatic affairs, because they're "negotiators". and she was a nonvoting apolitical retarded starchild. anyone stupid was really vulnerable to that particular line of thinking because it is so thoroughly baked into the capitalist discourse

someone from hillary's campaign said they gave up on attacking him as not really a successful businessman bc in focus groups ppl flat out refused to believe it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/ltpauley/status/1044257502672695301

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

cnut
May 3, 2016

I want a "I voted for Xi!" button.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

JFC

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Look, Russians can’t all be bad. Let’s see here...Stalin got...100% of the vote?! We need to nuke these sick fucks!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cnut posted:

I want a "I voted for Xi!" button.

cnut
May 3, 2016

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xi banned the new Christopher Robin movie because he was upset over the Winnie the Pooh memes.

cnut
May 3, 2016

etalian posted:

Xi banned the new Christopher Robin movie because he was upset over the Winnie the Pooh memes.

Yeah :allears:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

How did Winnie the Pooh become associated with China anyways? It's a British story named after the author's son's stuffed animal named after a Canadian bear, and had a resurgance in popularity because of Disney.

Edit: China, not Change. I have no idea why it autocorrected like that.

Randalor has issued a correction as of 02:09 on Sep 26, 2018

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Randalor posted:

How did Winnie the Pooh become associated with Change anyways? It's a British story named after the author's son's stuffed animal named after a Canadian bear, and had a resurgance in popularity because of Disney.

It wasn't a symbol of change. It was being used to poke fun at Xi who looks like a chubby bear to attach with their message.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

I loving love this picture no mattet how much of a cyberpunk archvillian Xi ends up being.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

this is one depressing rear end thread

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

campfire posted:

not if you're from a different country

lollin' in the deep down here

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

campfire posted:

doomsday economics thread is worse and more wide-ranging so no one feels left out.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Foreign born, not eligible

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yes Xi Can!

I'm with Xer

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Not clear if this tweet is by a ghost but wtf is going on down the bottom also how old is this smiley :votegop:

https://twitter.com/karenpascual5/status/1036015288326574080?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MikeGrunwald/status/1044950893865533440

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Jeff Magyar, distant relative of Jet Jaguar? :thunk:

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Goddammit this is the poo poo that is really infuriating.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Not clear if this tweet is by a ghost but wtf is going on down the bottom also how old is this smiley :votegop:

Unlike all the other Trump voters realising they're going to die, this one actually says she regrets voting for him.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quote-Unquote posted:

Unlike all the other Trump voters realising they're going to die, this one actually says she regrets voting for him.

there's several who are saying that now and the entire time they're questioning how trump could do this to them, an upstanding white citizen

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

business hammocks posted:

Does Rosenstein fit this thread?

We'll know tomorrow, maybe.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Will never understand why white people struggle to comprehend that white people will dick you over even if you're white.

Source: Am white.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Voting with an ideology that lead to my leaving my children alone in the world

because, by overwhelming statistical likelihood, "immigration"

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Potato Salad posted:

Voting with an ideology that lead to my leaving my children alone in the world

because, by overwhelming statistical likelihood, "immigration"

maybe it's the immigrants that gave her an in all likelihood easily curable by modern standards disease

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That's the bailout that has him losing 43 cents per bushel, right?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

You see.. because he's black and had the audacity to golf a few weekends.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trump does the best deals (he even wrote a book on it called The Art of the Deal btw) while obama did only bad deals like TARP

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

trump does the best deals (he even wrote a book on it called The Art of the Deal btw) while obama did only bad deals like TARP

obama also did bad deals like the iran nuclear deal, which was very bad for some reason. trump does good deals and gets him bigly respect from the international community and he’s definitely not a laughing stock

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Drunkboxer posted:

obama also did bad deals like the iran nuclear deal, which was very bad for some reason. trump does good deals and gets him bigly respect from the international community and he’s definitely not a laughing stock
All those foreign leaders and heads of state were laughing because they admire him and his great sense of humor.

Peachy Nietzsche
Jul 26, 2007

This thread's like staring into the void.
Maybe this has been asked, at what point will the countries economy tank with the existing and new tariffs happening? I read about job growth, market rises, some local negatives like plant closings but nothing like 2008 yet. I know numbers reported are probably disingenuously selected to keep appearances but at some point that will not hold if a collapse is imminent. So what are the cracks to look out for? Also what is the possibility they do work? What are reasons people are saying the tariffs will work?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Peachy Nietzsche posted:

Maybe this has been asked, at what point will the countries economy tank with the existing and new tariffs happening? I read about job growth, market rises, some local negatives like plant closings but nothing like 2008 yet. I know numbers reported are probably disingenuously selected to keep appearances but at some point that will not hold if a collapse is imminent. So what are the cracks to look out for? Also what is the possibility they do work? What are reasons people are saying the tariffs will work?

lol it will crack about as soon as the Dems win some seats in November, making it a very handy blame game for Doland to play. Of course that's what will play out.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Shear Modulus posted:

why have TARP when you can have TRUMP!

TUMRP!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

FMguru posted:

All those foreign leaders and heads of state were laughing because they admire him and his great sense of humor.

Official GOP position

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1044957357170728960