Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Samuringa posted:

Deadpool himself does this to Wolverine in the first arc of Remender's X-Force when they're attacked by a mutant that drains him

And I think he also feeds Angel that way, while they're both recovering from something awful that happens. The line that sticks out is him dropping a chunk of meat into Angel's mouth, telling him to chew, and for the love of God don't ask where that's coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

Back in the day Wolverine's healing powers obeyed conservation of mass so he'd get really hungry when he was healing.
I remember some "revealed to be a rented simulation from Arcade" android duplicates deal where Mystique cuts android Wolverine's throat under the assumption that their regeneration would be too slow.

I can never be TOO mad at regenerating characters except when it's a lazy excuse for slasher movie "monster isn't dead" style cop-outs to come back and beat/kill you anyways. Because anything more than the most basic regen is just signing up to be put through an increasingly elaborate Rube Goldberg machine of doom.

... Did Cyclops LET Wolverine be cooler than him, because he felt sorry for the guy getting his dick shot off by the Punisher?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The whole point of characters with regenerating factors is to get the brunt of the villain of the week's attack to show how damaging it is but without actually killing someone.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Unrelated to the regeneration talk.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Didn't he get better (while still in space) after being flown/thrown into the sun once?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

FoneBone posted:

Only via a magic crystal, not his healing factor.
edit: whoops, it was his healing factor powered up by said crystal

Wolverine shows you this one weird trick to completely regenerate his body. Hordes hate him!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
But regenerating from a drop of blood would leave him without adamantium, unless the few cells left are inside his skeleton like when he regenerated in Civil War.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

davebo posted:

But regenerating from a drop of blood would leave him without adamantium, unless the few cells left are inside his skeleton like when he regenerated in Civil War.

That's the Magical Doodad of Superamazingness there, so he can just push the magic reset button on himself.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

What indeed IS Superman doing with a 'giant eating tool' on his way to visit a giant? I'm worried about the giant. Super man, super appetite.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

prefect posted:

That's the Magical Doodad of Superamazingness there, so he can just push the magic reset button on himself.

It's also sort of in a dream sequence. Logan regenerating himself from scratch with the Adamantium still in place is relatively low on the scale of Weird poo poo that happens in that issue. A few pages earlier, Psylocke rips off her skin to reveal she's turned into a robot.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Is that also the time Jean Grey gets tentacles for arms, and just gets over it a few panels later?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Elfface posted:

Is that also the time Jean Grey gets tentacles for arms, and just gets over it a few panels later?

No, that's a few years later, from right near the end of Claremont's first run on Uncanny, and that lasted a full issue before getting undone. Basically, that was Masque from the Morlocks finding a fun way to gently caress with her, because the tentacles basically shut down her other powers, and underestimating how adaptable Jean really is. (Turns out that on the scale of Weird poo poo the woman has had to deal with, her arms being replaced outright is like a four.)

The single-drop-of-blood sequence is part of a truly weird Uncanny X-Men annual with Alan Davis art, where the whole team plus Captain Britain and Meggan are put through a bizarre series of tests that attempt to entrap them by showing them their greatest desires. It's actually foreshadowing for Psylocke's later transformation, as her secret desire is to be a near-invincible warrior, theoretically impervious to harm.

It's also notable for the sequence in which Storm's ultimate temptation is to go to Japan and party with Yukio forever, which has been cited for years as textual proof that Storm is bisexual.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wanderer posted:

The single-drop-of-blood sequence is part of a truly weird Uncanny X-Men annual with Alan Davis art, where the whole team plus Captain Britain and Meggan are put through a bizarre series of tests that attempt to entrap them by showing them their greatest desires. It's actually foreshadowing for Psylocke's later transformation, as her secret desire is to be a near-invincible warrior, theoretically impervious to harm.

It's a really good issue. (I might be saying this because I think Alan Davis is just awesome.)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

It's a really good issue. (I might be saying this because I think Alan Davis is just awesome.)

Also check out New Mutants Annual #3 if you haven't already, which is a strong contender for my all-time favourite single issue of a superhero comic.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wheat Loaf posted:

Also check out New Mutants Annual #3 if you haven't already, which is a strong contender for my all-time favourite single issue of a superhero comic.

That's Warlock versus the Impossible Man, right? :D

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

That's Warlock versus the Impossible Man, right? :D

Yep.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Statue of Liberty kind of got melted during one of Curse Words wizard battles. Wizzord and Stitch try fix it up and make some improvements.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Curse Words is pretty great.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Marvel Comics Presents #81

BUTT

PRUNE MERDE

GREY POUP

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah yes

Eggs, butter, rat poison! The 3 ingredients of every nutritious breakfast!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Prune merde is french for "plum poo poo"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A Strange Aeon posted:

I have the Super Dictionary and it's really fun and strange. Besides the hilarious ones like Lex stealing cakes and whatnot, all of them have an oddness to them due to the theory of teaching words the author uses, where each statement defines the word in a slightly different way.

My favourite is batman asking robin if he has hurt himself, falling down, and it reads like he’s mocking him in a sarcastic voice. I would have that panel as a poster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

My favourite is batman asking robin if he has hurt himself, falling down, and it reads like he’s mocking him in a sarcastic voice. I would have that panel as a poster.

That's a hell of a thing to say to a trapeze artist who lost his parents because they fell from great height.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Skwirl posted:

That's a hell of a thing to say to a trapeze artist who lost his parents because they fell from great height.

also be careful of your skin when you fall

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The "Please help me," just sells it so hard as a Seanbaby pic.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Can we make a kickstarter to have Seanbaby write a new dc dictionary?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

NoneMoreNegative posted:

"Can you get home alone? If you're bleeding you can't ride the Batmobile, I just got those seats cleaned"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

chitoryu12 posted:

The "Please help me," just sells it so hard as a Seanbaby pic.

Should have followed that up with "Help yourself!"

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It doesn't read as sarcastic to me so much as Batman manically, excitably going through his "person has fallen down" procedure in full without giving Robin time to respond. Also he's rushing towards him like a freight train while yelling this.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Android Blues posted:

Also he's rushing towards him like a freight train while yelling this.

But just look how happy he is! That Batman's smiling more there than he has in the past 10 years in DC Comics!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Edit: sorry. In hindsight, rape jokes aren't that funny.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 26, 2018

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Slow down there Bill Cosby, this is the DC Dictionary, not the Huxtable Horror Show

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

mercenarynuker posted:

Slow down there Brett Kavanaugh, this is the DC Dictionary, not Yale.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mercenarynuker posted:

Slow down there Eddie Berganza, you're not editing this book.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

mercenarynuker posted:

Slow down there known rapist, this is the DC Dictionary, not the place where you did all your rapes

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Apropos here, but this one is good to use in any SA thread, or regarding any goon domicile

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Pacra posted:

Apropos here, but this one is good to use in any SA thread, or regarding any goon domicile

what's Harrison Ford doing sitting in a pile of trash?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenriverninja posted:

She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Spielberg asked really nicely, this LeBeouf kid seems ok, and the FAA doesn't bribe itself