Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shageletic posted:

Just finished up rewatching Happy Endings.

Prob my favorite recent sitcom. And Brad is def one of my fav sitcom characters.

They made a show with a cast entirely made up of the kooky friends found in more normal shows.

e: the episodes were only getting better by the end of S3.

One of my favorite little recurring gags of that show is that Dave is obviously in the position of being the "straight man" in your typical sitcom and Dave absolutely thinks he is the normal and cool leading man of the group, but then everyone just laughs at him as he makes a fool of himself.

Alex has that a little too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Comrade Fakename posted:

Prediction: in the next 10 years or so, as 2000s nostalgia gets as big as 90s nostalgia is now, we will see a Firefly: The Next Generation-esque show where old Mal sells Serenity to a new plucky crew or something.

The 00s was when the monoculture died and the modern media landcape of social media and streaming video began, there's never going to be nostalgia for that era in the same way there is for everything that came before it because it's basically the same world we live in now and almost all of the heavy hitters of that era are either still going or already spun off.

McSpanky posted:

After a few more years pass and people finally realize the 90s actually sucked nostalgia will finally die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

esperterra posted:

idk it doesn't sound too off to me. Most of the people I personally know who are huge into Firefly or Whedon in general are women.

Sherlock idk. I'd imagine it's an even split, but the people who get super into shipping/fanfic, so straight chicks and gay dudes, are just the ones people hear about more. Unlike Supernatural which I imagine is 100% a lady dominated fanbase.

Ready Player One also had a ton of female fans, same with Jared Leto Joker and Harley in Suicide Squad. Both of which still have basement-dwellers mansplaining about how they're actually deeply misogynistic works of fiction and paternalistically brushing aside actual female voices in the process.

Season one was already a decent feature-length documentary bloated up to an obscene ten hour miniseries, who on earth actually wants more at this point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I just finished watching Forever and while I would very much like more I think I would be okay with that as an ending.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What genre would you say it's in

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

zoux posted:

Fantasy

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

zoux posted:

Spoiler tagged just in case.

Comedic low key sifi/fantasy with a Master of None tone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Ignore everyone else, it is a relationship dramedy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Ignore everyone else, it is a relationship dramedy.

Yeah, I'd agree with this

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iron Crowned posted:

Was it at least good?

NO!
Long story short Plane full of passengers takes off, hits some turbulence and lands 5.7 years later. Gummint just throws their hands up after a quick statemant and back into society they go. Main actress is a cop who comes back hearing voices that help her help people. So does her older brother who is a Doctor. Mother died during the 5.7 year wait, she was a total god squad cheerleader. All the passengers seem to be connected mentally in some way.

It's a piss poor idea. That i'm sure has been done before.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 26, 2018

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Aphex- posted:

Ozark is a pretty decent show but I really don't like how loving dark (literally) it is. Turn some god drat lights on or something jeez. Also the green filter that they slap on everything is way too strong. I get that they want to have a particular feel to the show, but it's just poo poo.

I thought it was blue? I haven't noticed it much this season, maybe season 1 was blue and season 2 is green.

Seconding the Linney love. She's amazing.

I've loved her since the trifecta of Truman Show, Mystic River and that Kevin Spacey death row movie.

Turns out she can sing too! Almost a nominee in all of the EGOT categories.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Rocksicles posted:

Yes it has, kinda. Twilight Zone sent their plane back in time, with Robert Stack I believe as the pilot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Yeah, I'd agree with this

You could cut out all the other stuff and if it was just Oscar and June dealing with the state of their marriage it still would have been really good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm watching 12 Monkeys and Jennifer just did the "shiiiiiiiiiieeet" from The Wire. Yes.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I loving lost it with the "shiiiiiiieeeeetttt" in BlacKKKlansman (done by the same actor)

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

muscles like this! posted:

You could cut out all the other stuff and if it was just Oscar and June dealing with the state of their marriage it still would have been really good.

I dunno the realtor episode hit the old heartstrings for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Looten Plunder posted:

I loving lost it with the "shiiiiiiieeeeetttt" in BlacKKKlansman (done by the same actor)

I'm pretty sure he does it in any role he gets at this point.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty sure he does it in any role he gets at this point.

From what I recall, that is something Isiah Whitlock has been doing as a signature thing for years and The Wire made it really popular. I guess there's worse things that being the "shiiiiiiiet" guy.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Mr Inbetween

drunkill fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Sep 26, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I was just about to download that, i didn't know it was aussie.

Actor Clayne Crawford talking about being fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u908kIaj12U

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 26, 2018

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rocksicles posted:

I was just about to download that, i didn't know it was aussie.

Actor Clayne Crawford talking about being fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u908kIaj12U

He does not come out of this looking good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PriorMarcus posted:

Clayne or Damon?

If you mean Clayne, i feel the opposite. Maybe not for his career.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Guy Mann posted:

Season one was already a decent feature-length documentary bloated up to an obscene ten hour miniseries, who on earth actually wants more at this point.

If you want a sequel to Making A Murderer season 1, watch The Keepers. That does remind me I do need to finish watching season 2 of American Vandal though.

Rocksicles posted:

loving A. What is it with god themed programs this season?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iron Crowned posted:

If you want a sequel to Making A Murderer season 1, watch The Keepers. That does remind me I do need to finish watching season 2 of American Vandal though.

loving A. What is it with god themed programs this season?

I dunno, i don't watch them. What are the others?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's one about how god follows some kid on Twitter I think and tweets out commandments?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rocksicles posted:

I dunno, i don't watch them. What are the others?

God Friended Me

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

less laughter posted:

God Friended Me

I'm speechless.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

less laughter posted:

God Friended Me

SOmeone else can find the trailer because I'm lazy, but it looks real bad

At least the trailer for Manifest looked like it could be potentially interesting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I posted drat near every trailer from the upfronts and not a single new show looked good.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I read that description about Manifest and I legit thought that was the plot of some show back like 10 years ago or something but I can't find anything. Am I misremembering this?

Also the wife is still making me watch TBBT and the premiere had Teller but in a speaking role. It was weird, I know he does talk but that was a lot of dialog. Long story short, TBBT is bad and I hate it and I'm glad this is the last season but god drat it they made Young Sheldon a thing. Existence is pain and my suffering will never end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I watched most of them too and I Feel Bad seemed alright, anyone watch the preview?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Croatoan posted:

I read that description about Manifest and I legit thought that was the plot of some show back like 10 years ago or something but I can't find anything. Am I misremembering this?

You're thinking of The Langoliers

Croatoan posted:

Also the wife is still making me watch TBBT and the premiere had Teller but in a speaking role. It was weird, I know he does talk but that was a lot of dialog. Long story short, TBBT is bad and I hate it and I'm glad this is the last season but god drat it they made Young Sheldon a thing. Existence is pain and my suffering will never end.

Just wait until they spin it off into Old Sheldon

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Iron Crowned posted:

You're thinking of The Langoliers

poo poo that was 23 years ago not 10 god drat I'm an old now I should watch more CBS.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Croatoan posted:

So divorce is in your future?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's a lot in Delirious and Raw that has aged extreeeemly poorly. Not this though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncw_X66XrGM

BTW reminder that Cosby went down because Hannibal Burress had a standup clip go viral in 2014.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

There's a lot in Delirious and Raw that has aged extreeeemly poorly. Not this though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncw_X66XrGM

BTW reminder that Cosby went down because Hannibal Burress had a standup clip go viral in 2014.

Hi fellow redditor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

wanna distill the most interesting points? The thing is more than an hr.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think my favorite thing about Kelly comics is the moral superior character is just a better looking version of the 'artist'. It's amazing how spot on they always are.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Mr. Inbetween is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSGipk1Faj8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm planning on eventually trying out the This Is Us ripoff with James Roday and Romany Malco in it. Pretty much entirely because James Roday and Romany Malco are in it.