Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

American McGay posted:

This is some major gymnastics.

I mean all I'm really saying is that the Lions' schedule is much softer than it looked like it was going to be before the season started.

poo poo, the Vikings got hosed by the Bills. The Bills. At least the Lions were competitive against the Jets until the 3rd quarter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Some very smart people think the Lions may win some football games. We'll have to wait and see.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I mean all I'm really saying is that the Lions' schedule is much softer than it looked like it was going to be before the season started.

poo poo, the Vikings got hosed by the Bills. The Bills. At least the Lions were competitive against the Jets until the 3rd quarter!
But the Bills don't have a winning record!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Makes you think the Packers must be really bad since they could only tie the Vikings!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The entire NFC North is bad, I agree.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The entire NFC North is bad, I agree.

especially my team

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Now that raises a good question.

The Vikings and Packers are both 1-1-1.

Are the Vikings worse because they lost to the Bills?

Or are the Packers worse because they couldn't beat the team who lost to the Bills PLUS lost another game?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

WHOOPS posted:

Now that raises a good question.

The Vikings and Packers are both 1-1-1.

Are the Vikings worse because they lost to the Bills?

Or are the Packers worse because they couldn't beat the team who lost to the Bills PLUS lost another game?

Packers defense is much worse than the Vikings.

But the Packers have Rodgers, who, with one good leg, is enough for them to win 9-10 games this year.

Whoever wins the division is going to get bounced out of the playoffs in a hilarious way anyway.

But really looking around the NFC, all the teams looks pretty bad. The Rams look good, and that's about it really.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
the vikings dont have an o-line which is generally bad

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Malaria posted:

But the Packers have Rodgers, who, with one good leg, is enough for them to win 9-10 games this year.

But really looking around the NFC, all the teams looks pretty bad. The Rams look good, and that's about it really.
Rodgers with one good leg couldn't beat the Redskins. The leg looks like it's getting much much worse. Their next 4 weeks are BILLS, @LIONS, 9ERS -Jimmy, BYE. If they were smart they'd sit him.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

American McGay posted:

Rodgers with one good leg couldn't beat the Redskins. The leg looks like it's getting much much worse. Their next 4 weeks are BILLS, @LIONS, 9ERS -Jimmy, BYE. If they were smart they'd sit him.

I agree, the packers should rest rodgers, vs my team the detroit lions

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Objectively it's just smart football imo

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

American McGay posted:

Rodgers with one good leg couldn't beat the Redskins.

I don't know man, Rodgers made some amazing throws and was seriously let down by the supporting cast on every crucial drive even as Washington let off the gas and gave them the perfect opportunity to come back.

I don't know how I feel about muh team right now, but a gimpy Rodgers won't be the achilles heel.

We're 3 weeks in and the biggest questions I have about the Packers are whether the o-line is going to be okay for a full season because the idea of having to start Spriggs at any position in the line scares the poo poo out of me, and if the defense can mature enough to play 1 full, consistent game of decent football.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

American McGay posted:

Que? Rodgers didn't look any worse than the Vikings game and was making great throws

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

nerve posted:

Que? Rodgers didn't look any worse than the Vikings game and was making great throws
He was hobbling pretty badly. Maybe the drugs just wore off quicker.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

No bloody way the Packers choose to sit Rodgers on a divisional game.

Fat Mike may as well quit. He needs short term success.

For fucks sake, Patricia is so fat I can't even call the Packers coach fat anymore.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Hizawk posted:

No bloody way the Packers choose to sit Rodgers on a divisional game.

Fat Mike may as well quit. He needs short term success.

For fucks sake, Patricia is so fat I can't even call the Packers coach fat anymore.

patricia has a big arm though, so he dosen't need mobility

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Hizawk posted:

I think he prefers portly rapist or plus sized sex criminal.

The lack of respect for Patricia’s lifestyle choices are getting out of hand in this thread.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Is it just me or did Vic Fangio immediately start to get more out of Khalil Mack every week than the Raiders ever did?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mack has a MUCH better supporting cast than he ever had in OAK. I'd imagine good coaching still helps, but teams can't really focus on doubling/tripling him as much as they probably did before.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

martha firestone ford itt :siren:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Malaria posted:

Whoever wins the division is going to get bounced out of the playoffs in a hilarious way anyway.

The Rams and the Chiefs look like the best two teams by far, but you know the teams that look best in the beginning of the season rarely look like the best at the end.

And yeah, Rodgers wasn't looking bad. His receivers dropping everything really made his stats look worse than they should've been.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1044736524884078594

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1044737603910733825

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1044710620858404864

Pretty good pick up considering House is getting moved to IR for his shoulder, then again almost anyone is an upgrade compared to House at this point. Maybe they move Williams to FS at this point but I'd rather see the Packers try and trade for Earl Thomas since they have the assets or at the very least sign Eric Reid, as much of a long shot that is.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Wait... you can get players on your team that you didn't draft??? Good god. If only someone had mentioned that to Ted Thompson ten years ago, everything could be different!

Tr-ayed. Tr-ayed? Trade. TRADE!

Wow. How did I not know this was a thing?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ted signed two Hall of Famers.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Peppers and......

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

American McGay posted:

Peppers and......

Chuck Wood fool

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

American McGay posted:

Peppers and......

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
He also made a competitive offer for lavar Arrington, which in retrospect I'm glad fell through
Also Ryan Pickett was a really nice TT free agent signing

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Monkeycheese posted:

He also made a competitive offer for lavar Arrington, which in retrospect I'm glad fell through
Also Ryan Pickett was a really nice TT free agent signing

Absolutely.

But he slept on Randy Moss and Marshawn Lynch.

RIP Ted.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Poor Ted, forever under appreciated.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

American McGay posted:

He was hobbling pretty badly. Maybe the drugs just wore off quicker.

A Green Bay QB loaded up on painkillers? Why I never...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So was the vikes dude who went bananas any good?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Everson Griffen? Uh, yeah. He's a pro bowler each of the last three years.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Bip Roberts posted:

He's crazy good.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hizawk posted:

He's crazy good.

Lol then

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Might as well just strap a pillow to Cousins’s rear end the amount of time he is going to be on it tomorrow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Might as well just strap a pillow to Cousins’s rear end the amount of time he is going to be on it tomorrow...

If the Rams get consistent pressure they will win. And I'm not sure how they wouldn't