Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hex Nut is my favorite and I want to put a hat on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's a Mythical, it won't evolve.

It will, Cosmog opened a whole new door.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Electric Phantasm posted:

It will, Cosmog opened a whole new door.

You could say things have...

evolved :dadjoke:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's a Mythical, it won't evolve.

What do you mean? Gen 1 has such inspired designs! Like Dugtrio, or Magneton, or Muk...

Ah. Didn’t notice that part.

Also, people really tend to forget how much weird and/or boring stuff that Gen 1 brought us just because it was the first.

indigi posted:

the design is great except for the stupid tail. that detail really screams "justifying my position"

I have to agree. The head/eye is strange looking, but it does help convey that it’s made of liquid metal rather than being just a generic gray blob, but the red tail doesn’t seem to add anything to the design.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

The tail and the shape chosen for the blob part do it no favors. It just looks like mercury ditto with stuff stuck on. However you feel about its design, at least Cosmog didn't make you immediately think of other pokemon.

The nut-eye is a cute detail, but it's on an otherwise mediocre design.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I just got a new copy of US. With the shiny Poipole will I run into problems with obedience? I'm only an hour into the game so no badges yet.

Also I'm guessing you're gonna have to trade one of those Dittos to your Lets Go to get Meltan?

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 26, 2018

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

If we weren't told "This thing is a special Pokémon", it could very easily pass for an equivalent of Magnemite or more appropriately, Klink, another pure steel type that feeds on electricity.

It would be hardly surprising if this thing evolved into a blob with more nut-heads that served as googly eyes.

Beyond debuting in a spin-off title and making its way to a main title. There isn't a whole lot to write home about it right now, but maybe it has a surprising secret that'll be revealed later. Or not.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Like Clockwork posted:

The tail and the shape chosen for the blob part do it no favors. It just looks like mercury ditto with stuff stuck on. However you feel about its design, at least Cosmog didn't make you immediately think of other pokemon.

The nut-eye is a cute detail, but it's on an otherwise mediocre design.

I agree completely! I love the nut head, I dislike the tail, I REALLY dislike the body. It looks like a first draft.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm gonna make sure all of you who are talking poo poo on the very cute Meltan and his very good design are promptly arrested

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

I do not like that Oak is such a different style from the characters in PoGo, implying Oak and all the main series people are not human.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Meltan is no worse than Manaphy, who was introduced a similar way.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Well it turns out I was loving :wrong:
Sorry Meltan. You're cute and good if not a little boring after the all star line-up that was Gen VII.

Here are some shiny poipole codes for the thread as my way of apology:

A878XXQ3E7GRUAKZ
A878Z7UTN846W5DD
A878ZA5DPYF2EF6D

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Aristide posted:

Sorry Meltan. You're cute and good if not a little boring after the all star line-up that was Gen VII.

A878XXQ3E7GRUAKZ
A878Z7UTN846W5DD
A878ZA5DPYF2EF6D

I snagged the first code, thanks.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Aristide posted:

A878XXQ3E7GRUAKZ
A878Z7UTN846W5DD
A878ZA5DPYF2EF6D

Nabbed code 3. Thanks!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

Code sent.
Two codes remain

Bumping this. Share your trainer outfit, get a Lati@s.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Aristide posted:

I grabbed the second and last code. Thank you very much! I, too, love the Gen 7 gang.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Nth Doctor posted:

Idk if this is cheating but I just rerolled on US.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
to distinguish it from Ditto, Meltan shouldn't have arms. it should just be a liquid metal blob that amoebas around and extends pseudopods for attacks. like, what's the point of arms in that design. they serve no purpose other than to remind you of Ditto, so unless they're related somehow it seems lazy

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Like i said before, this should be the Ultra Beast version of ditto so we can start breeding the fuckers.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

E2M2 posted:

Idk if this is cheating but I just rerolled on US.

Nah, you good. My Pokemon Go avatar is rocking those shorts.
Check yo' PMs.

ONE CODE REMAINS

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Nth Doctor posted:

Currently enjoying my first Pokemon game in almost 20 years, figured I'd try and blend in with the locals

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lugubrious posted:

Currently enjoying my first Pokemon game in almost 20 years, figured I'd try and blend in with the locals

go back to da mainland

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lugubrious posted:

This is amazing

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/TAISA_3D/status/1044677169694167040

what a good dog

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

...it's dancing with me...

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Lugubrious posted:

Nice pose, Elvis Costello!
Code is sent.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE
:siren: TIME FOR A SECOND GIVEAWAY :siren:
This month's second giveaway gimmick comes from Ariong:

I have Shiny Poipole Codes for the first FIVE goons to help put on a thread photography show.
Show the best picture of your Pokemon taken at the Alolan Photo Booth. If there aren't any stickers on it you're disqualified for being boring.

Ultra* will get a shiny Poipole at level 40 with Dragon Pulse so you can evolve it on level-up right to Naganadel
Non-Ultra* will get NOTHING because both the code and contest require Ultra*

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Not to seem greedy because I did just get the last of the other codes, but I took that picture while figuring out how to do this:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Ugh, being creative is hard. Maybe next time

Bubsy 3-D 2 Deep 4 Me
Sep 24, 2013

Young Orc

I've never posted in this thread before but I'll contribute what I consider my life's greatest work

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Bubsy 3-D 2 Deep 4 Me posted:

I've never posted in this thread before but I'll contribute what I consider my life's greatest work

Yeah, can't beat that!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is Meltan some kind of weird Phione>Manaphy type-deal with Ditto? Its shape looks a lot like Ditto's stock art.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Is Meltan some kind of weird Phione>Manaphy type-deal with Ditto? Its shape looks a lot like Ditto's stock art.

I bet it's going to be a Carbink>Diancie situation, where the lore is that it's a mutated ditto but there's not actually a game mechanic connecting them.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

indigi posted:

to distinguish it from Ditto, Meltan shouldn't have arms. it should just be a liquid metal blob that amoebas around and extends pseudopods for attacks. like, what's the point of arms in that design. they serve no purpose other than to remind you of Ditto, so unless they're related somehow it seems lazy

It has arms so it can hug me

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gruckles posted:

I bet it's going to be a Carbink>Diancie situation, where the lore is that it's a mutated ditto but there's not actually a game mechanic connecting them.

God I hate that SO much, Diancie should be a regular evolution.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nth Doctor posted:

:siren: TIME FOR A SECOND GIVEAWAY :siren:
This month's second giveaway gimmick comes from Ariong:

I have Shiny Poipole Codes for the first FIVE goons to help put on a thread photography show.
Show the best picture of your Pokemon taken at the Alolan Photo Booth. If there aren't any stickers on it you're disqualified for being boring.

Ultra* will get a shiny Poipole at level 40 with Dragon Pulse so you can evolve it on level-up right to Naganadel
Non-Ultra* will get NOTHING because both the code and contest require Ultra*

I'm not sure if I can only post one but I'll post many anyways because I want to show off my photos. I took one every time I finished a Grand Trial, so you can see how my character and my Vulpix changed throughout the game!

And this one's unrelated but I liked how the pose came out!

If only one counts, I'm pretty fond of the Ghost one. I think it has the most personality. I wish I could've gotten them directly instead of from my phone though, I'm sure I copied them at one point or another but I coudln't find them and my computer refuses to accept the 3DS' mini SD for some reason.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Excuse me, but I need to know how you guys got the sticker of the hiker's head and I need to know immediately

edit: Nevermind I apparently already had it, this is the best

Lugubrious fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 27, 2018

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Fine, you made me look, so here's my head asploding through, uh, psychic powers

Bonus, this one has no stickers but I very carefully posed myself stroking some luxurious hair

Also discovered that my circle pad has given up the ghost entirely! Not sure I even want to repair or get a new 3DS tbh.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 27, 2018

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Man, see, I really like how it looks here. Why does the actual model have that stupid tail it annoys me more than it should...

Oh well, I'm actually glad we are finally getting another good mythical. Almost up to 900 Pokemon and the only one good so far was Shaymin, and GF even managed to screw him up by giving him that stupid dog form

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 27, 2018

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Mew and celebi are good ya weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also good mythicals include jirachi and victini