Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Is the DPad good yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is the DPad good yet?
No.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Is there a good way to see all games that are on sale, online?

When I look at the eShop page it doesn't show all titles on sale. For example, Ikaruga which is on sale for $9.99 is missing.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I heard some tape fixes it, does it not? I'm good with joycons dpad. Don't have any issues with it in sf30th or bbtag so I really just want a gyro accurate pro controller for pc.

Arena of valor is really good and also really stupid right now. It's fun to play but then it crashes and then punishes you for dropping.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know what's going to be the most Nintendo thing? If cloud saves don't work on Animal Crossing. Someone archive this post for future reference.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now over quartzer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHPpj-aYdD4

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

The Bloop posted:

Snake Rattle n Roll > Marble Madness

:emptyquote:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyXq0J9aIXA

Spellman
May 31, 2011

American McGay posted:

Yeah, I'm guessing they were feeling heat from Nintendo, especially now that Nintendo is producing their own retro hardware.

I don't think they've stopped selling the SNES30 in classic American SNES colors, that one pictured is just using the original Game Boy color scheme

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

You know what's going to be the most Nintendo thing? If cloud saves don't work on Animal Crossing. Someone archive this post for future reference.

Cloud saves will work but you get a lecture from Mr Resetti if you use them suspiciously

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Pierson posted:

How's the Valkyria Chronicles 4 side content? I remember VC2 had a bunch of side-missions, harder challenge missions, and most main characters had their own short sidequests with missions to power them up/make them into your friends.

That's all in here! Also there will be DLC with extremely hard missions and a quest that has you meeting the cast from VC1 and adding them to your party.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait to discover the secret of John Titor

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland Korn posted:

The SFC controller don't have the concave buttons though right?

Why will no one get the cool and good sfc color scheme but keep the cool and good sn concave buttons?

I'm an SF30 haver. :hfive:

I grew up with the SN30-style concave buttons, but drat if those didn't completely chap my thumbs to a bloody pulp after long gaming sessions.

Regardless which color/button scheme you go with, this is basically God's Controller and you will love it. Perfect for emulators, mobile devices, and apparently Switch too!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fancy Hat! posted:

That's all in here! Also there will be DLC with extremely hard missions and a quest that has you meeting the cast from VC1 and adding them to your party.

:unsmith:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

bushisms.txt posted:

Wait really? Do we know how accurate they are compared to Nintendo's?

I don't think they can scan amiibos, and you can't wake your switch up from sleep mode with the controller. The rumble is a bit wacky too, but they might have fixed that with a firmware update.

E: the crosspad is also miles above the switch pro's

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

repiv posted:

There's a new iteration coming this holiday, they added grips like a modern controller and made the shoulder buttons bigger. I think it's otherwise identical to the existing SN30 pro though.

I bought the original version almost exactly when they announced this new version and really regretted it. Modern Dualshock style controller grips and bigger everything looks like it'd solve a lot of my problems with the original and I'll probably get this when it comes out.

On the other side of modernized retro controllers, Retro-Bit is doing a modernized Saturn pad and that really seems appealing to me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Does Valkyrie Chronicles 4 have a demo and is it representative? Tactics games are among my favorites. I can't get enough of Into the Breach at the moment.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm jonesing for one of those new SN30+'s. With the thumbstick acting up on one of my joycons I kind of want something to take all the abuse from single player games so I can save the longevity on my joycons for multiplayer. Mario Party's coming up real soon :allears:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does Valkyrie Chronicles 4 have a demo and is it representative? Tactics games are among my favorites. I can't get enough of Into the Breach at the moment.

Yup, you can load it on your switch right now even if you don't have it with you. https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/valkyria-chronicles-4-switch log into your account and click the "demo" button. It will install for you so it's waiting next time you pick the switch up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Demo is the first few tutorial missions so it IS the game

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Switch question here. Amazon is having a storage sale and I was thinking of upgrading my storage. Thing is, I buy most of my Switch games from Gamestop so I can sell them and they take up the storage slot. Am I hosed in regards to adding useful storage? Thanks in advance!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The game slot is on top, the microSD slot is under the kickstand.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Huxley posted:

The game slot is on top, the microSD slot is under the kickstand.

Ah! I never saw the other, thanks much!!!!!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Nintendo has classically never let you copy saves from this Animal Crossing since the Gamecube, from memory cards to on-board storage, it's a safe bet

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
They did the same with fzero gx, so dont expect to copy your rammers data.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So who's going to the Japanese Bowsette Convention

Why is this a thing that is real and not fake. Like what are you even supposed to do other then show up and go "i like the design lol"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This is getting more and more hilarious, and I love every second of it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why is this a thing that is real and not fake. Like what are you even supposed to do other then show up and go "i like the design lol"

● 12:30 p.m.: General admission
● 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.: Independently produce dojinshi art/manga sales
● 3:30 p.m.: Crossdressing (men dressed as women) cosplay contest
● 5 p.m.: Event closes

Sounds like a good time to me

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Dress up, sell/buy keychains and art, play Mario Party

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's like the farmers market only horney

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why didn't Linkle get this kind of attention.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Leal posted:

Why didn't Linkle get this kind of attention.

Because Linkle was just a girl, not Link as a girl

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Knorth posted:

play Mario Party
okay im back in

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Because people loving love monster girls. I don't know why but it's a big thing to have fetishes for monsters turned into anime girls.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

widespread posted:

It's like the farmers market only horney

You've clearly been going to the wrong farmers markets, god drat those horny producers of produce

ChaseSP posted:

Because people loving love monster girls. I don't know why but it's a big thing to have fetishes for monsters turned into anime girls.

It's not a "big thing" outside of the websites you visit, m8

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I will go and trip report.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Forgot the ball pit

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

KingSlime posted:

You've clearly been going to the wrong farmers markets, god drat those horny producers of produce

Either way you get to see different types of meat and veggies. :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Because Linkle was just a girl, not Link as a girl

Not in my head canon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I choose you, number 2.