Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hayden Hurst returned to practice today and they're estimating a Week 5 return. Is he worth a stash or is he just going to form a 4 headed monster with the other interchangeable TEs in Baltimore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CamptonFox50
Mar 25, 2006

pubic works project posted:

I don't think you need to improve at all. Just gotta ride out the injuries to Cook and Mixon. I'd consider moving Doyle and Wilson for someone. Is there someone who just lost Engram?

I have someone in my league that wants to trade Kareem Hunt... If he’s legitimately available should I make a move? And if so, for which of my guys you think?

Thanks again for the responses!

Edit: The team that lost Engram is the computer. Someone dropped out last minute now we got an algorithm running a team. 😂

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

CamptonFox50 posted:

I have someone in my league that wants to trade Kareem Hunt... If he’s legitimately available should I make a move? And if so, for which of my guys you think?

Thanks again for the responses!

Edit: The team that lost Engram is the computer. Someone dropped out last minute now we got an algorithm running a team. 😂

A top tier RB is always worth it, unless you already have 5 or more top tier RBs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hayden Hurst returned to practice today and they're estimating a Week 5 return. Is he worth a stash or is he just going to form a 4 headed monster with the other interchangeable TEs in Baltimore?

I think he'll be part of the monster this year. I have him stashed in dynasty.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 26, 2018

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat

Me again! In the meanwhile I've actually been offered Hopkins for my Fournette. I'm thinking of countering Fournette and Edelman for Hopkins and either Breida or Lindsay.

Any thoughts on these moves? Is the one-for one good enough on its own? My team above for reference

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

WaveLength posted:

Me again! In the meanwhile I've actually been offered Hopkins for my Fournette. I'm thinking of countering Fournette and Edelman for Hopkins and either Breida or Lindsay.

Any thoughts on these moves? Is the one-for one good enough on its own? My team above for reference

Hell yah I'm mashing that

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
Mashing Hopkins for Fournette?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
ESPN standard scoring. Worth dropping CHI defense vs Tampa for the situational/talent play of LAC vs SF? CHI served me well but it looks like their quality of opponent is going to go up, and SD may be getting healthy.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

WaveLength posted:

Hell loving yeah I'm mashing that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WaveLength posted:

Getting Nuk? You bet your rear end

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat

Spoeank posted:

Getting Nuk? You bet your rear end

Sweet, the offer was made offline so let's see if he follows through haha

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

shirts and skins posted:

ESPN standard scoring. Worth dropping CHI defense vs Tampa for the situational/talent play of LAC vs SF? CHI served me well but it looks like their quality of opponent is going to go up, and SD may be getting healthy.

I was planning on riding Chicago for a while but I'm interested in the answer to this one too.

EDIT: LAC aren't available in my league anyway so I guess this is academic this week.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 26, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

shirts and skins posted:

I have the same question, especially with Chicago on bye next week. They've been really, really good... but good enough to stash?

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat

WaveLength posted:

Sweet, the offer was made offline so let's see if he follows through haha

He's waffling. Is it still a good deal if I throw in Edelman as a sweetener

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have the same question, especially with Chicago on bye next week. They've been really, really good... but good enough to stash?

I'm dropping CHI for LAC for now. Don't have a deep enough bench in this league to spare the roster spot, and I'm currently starting Fitz as my QB.

Wilson as backup--have Wentz too but I grabbed Fitz last week and he or Russ looks superfluous. Marvin Jones is out on the waiver wire, so if nobody ahead of me snags him I'm dropping Wentz for him. I doubt anybody in this league would keep a D on bye on their roster so if CHI looks good enough I'll stash them next week as players come back from injury and my depth improves.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

WaveLength posted:

Fournette is set to come back, right? imo, you would be giving up a lot in Fournett+Edelman for Nuk...but that's me. Could you get a back in return?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ he practiced this week and should play

I am not starting Fitzmagic this week (going Matt Ryan vs CIN in 1 pp completion) against CHI and I am starting CHI against TB. This is a defense that can bring him down to earth really fast.

In my other standard-scoring league I may go Stafford @ DAL over Fitz but not yet decided.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

WaveLength posted:

Guilt him into it. He already made a verbal agreement, right?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

timmmmaaaah posted:

I would like any Freeman insight as well.

I've scraped into 1-2 with Bell and Freeman on my bench taunting me and am thinking of shopping Freeman around.

It sounds like he won't play this week but likely in Week 5.

I guess I'm just wondering how good he is with Coleman sharing the load. I feel like giving up Brees for him is a no-brainer. Especially since I have Mahomes. But worried this guy is offering me the deal because there is something out there about Freeman that I don't know. Like he'll be more of a #2 instead of their main running back.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Niwrad posted:

It sounds like he won't play this week but likely in Week 5.

I guess I'm just wondering how good he is with Coleman sharing the load. I feel like giving up Brees for him is a no-brainer. Especially since I have Mahomes. But worried this guy is offering me the deal because there is something out there about Freeman that I don't know. Like he'll be more of a #2 instead of their main running back.

No. If healthy, Free will get plenty of touches and more than Tevin. He makes their run game go.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Disclaimer: I'm a Bears fan, so I could be a Homer on this.

Don't drop Chicago's defense. They aren't just good or lucky, they are dominant. The only reason Arizona had any points was because of two blown coverages. They aren't just beating up bad teams. Don't forget they dominated the Packers too. (I mean for fantasy purposes, obviously) They lead the NFL in sacks and have the second most turnovers. They are top ten in points allowed. And the Bears offense, for as bad as it has been, is number two in time of possession. The Bears are a plug and play defense.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I'm trying to work out a trade for Antonio Brown. We've been going back and forth and here's where we're at now:

I give: Brees, Collins, Kupp
I get: Brown, Breida

0 PPR, 4pt paTDs, 12 teams, 2rb/2wr/flex

My current team is:
QB: Brees, Prescott
RB: Johnson, Howard, Collins, Ingram, Morris
WR: Kupp, D. Thomas, D. Jackson, Boyd, Allison

I don't mind trading Collins but having Breida and Morris might be a headache now that Jimmy G is done. He originally wanted Ingram but I held him for 3 weeks and expect a lot from him after their bye in week 6. Losing Brees is tough but I can stream QBs until something shakes out.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sataere posted:

Disclaimer: I'm a Bears fan, so I could be a Homer on this.

Don't drop Chicago's defense. They aren't just good or lucky, they are dominant. The only reason Arizona had any points was because of two blown coverages. They aren't just beating up bad teams. Don't forget they dominated the Packers too. (I mean for fantasy purposes, obviously) They lead the NFL in sacks and have the second most turnovers. They are top ten in points allowed. And the Bears offense, for as bad as it has been, is number two in time of possession. The Bears are a plug and play defense.

Yeah, I have them in my big money league and with only 4 bench spots I'll probably eat the 0 that (bye) week and hope for the best. I ain't droppin' them.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
QB: Cam Newton, Alex Smith
RB: Christian McCaffery, Carlos Hyde, Chris Thompson, and LeVeon Bell
WR: MThomas, Tate, Crabtree, Fitzgerald
TE: Njoku, Doyle
Def: Denver, Atlanta
K: Elliot,Bailey

I'm hosed. I'd love to be able to pick up Doug Baldwin since I had to drop him for Thompson, but I'm pretty much stuck I think. Unless I cut bait on Thompson, and I'm not ready for that.

With byes this week I'm targeting Flacco against the Steelers as a streamer QB. I'll be dropping Alex Smith for him.

Going to give my tight ends one more week before I make a move. I'm really curious to see how good Njoku will be with a full week with Mayfield.

Am I a complete mad man for wanting to play Indy defense this week against the Texans? I just have a feeling it'll be a 9-6 type game like Jaguars/Titans last week. Maybe moron is a better word.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Doobie Keebler posted:

I'm trying to work out a trade for Antonio Brown. We've been going back and forth and here's where we're at now:

My current team is:

I don't mind trading Collins but having Breida and Morris might be a headache now that Jimmy G is done. He originally wanted Ingram but I held him for 3 weeks and expect a lot from him after their bye in week 6. Losing Brees is tough but I can stream QBs until something shakes out.

I would jump on that offer ASAP. Beathard likes to check down to his RBs and Breida will get the lion's share there. Morris might suck, but he'd be your #5 RB so who cares?

Edit: I missed that it's 0 PPR which hurts Brieda a bit, but not enough to change my opinion. That's a steal for Brown, tbh

ElectricRelaxation fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 26, 2018

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Doobie Keebler posted:

My current team is:

What QBs are on the wire?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

decypher posted:

I'm hosed. I'd love to be able to pick up Doug Baldwin since I had to drop him for Thompson, but I'm pretty much stuck I think. Unless I cut bait on Thompson, and I'm not ready for that.

With byes this week I'm targeting Flacco against the Steelers as a streamer QB. I'll be dropping Alex Smith for him.

Going to give my tight ends one more week before I make a move. I'm really curious to see how good Njoku will be with a full week with Mayfield.

Am I a complete mad man for wanting to play Indy defense this week against the Texans? I just have a feeling it'll be a 9-6 type game like Jaguars/Titans last week. Maybe moron is a better word.

I would drop Crabtree for Baldwin.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

What QBs are on the wire?

Not much. Allen, Carr, Darnold, Trubisky, Mayfield, Mariota.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

decypher posted:

Are you the dude who has to roster two kickers, defenses, and tight ends?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Seconded, since Baldwin may play this week and Wilson has been desperate for him. Nobody else on the team can get separation from the DBs like him.

https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/1045035096636420096?s=19

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Doobie Keebler posted:

Not much. Allen, Carr, Darnold, Trubisky, Mayfield, Mariota.

I'd rather have Carr or Mayfield than Prescott. I'd drop him for one of them if you make the trade, and drop him for a RB or WR if you don't make the trade. He's not worth rostering.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

QB: Cousins
RB: Gurley, Hyde, Ajayi, Peterson
WR: Green, Diggs, Sanders, Kupp, Jeffery, Kupp, J. Brown, Gordon
TE: Kittle
DST: Bears

WTF do I even do with this team if I want to make room for a DST? I guess a 2 for 1 trade?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Gobias Ind. posted:

I agree with this, thanks for the confirmation.

pubic works project posted:

Are you the dude who has to roster two kickers, defenses, and tight ends?

Yes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

WTF do I even do with this team if I want to make room for a DST? I guess a 2 for 1 trade?

trade your extra Kupp, you only need one

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Leperflesh posted:

trade your extra Kupp, you only need one

Alternatively, change the team name to One Guy Two Kupps.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Quiet Feet posted:

Alternatively, change the team name to One Guy Two Kupps.

Two Gurleys One Kupp

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why do you need to anything? The Bears are not a bad start at all this week. #2 ranked on FantasyPros I think.

edit: Oh, you mean for next week. Don't worry, someone will get hurt!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

they're on bye next week, so I assume that's what Beer is anticipating and planning for, but I usually wait till the week-of to decide what alt i want to try and grab anyway

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

they're on bye next week, so I assume that's what Beer is anticipating and planning for, but I usually wait till the week-of to decide what alt i want to try and grab anyway

If I think ahead I have a better chance of getting them since I am at the back of the waiver wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Two Gurleys One Kupp

This has been my team name since Week 2