Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I remember the combat being kind of a slog, but the writing and world building being very weird and interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

LawfulWaffle posted:

It was not by my hand that I was once again given breasts! I was drawn here by perverts who wish to see me naked.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Broken Cog posted:

I remember the combat being kind of a slog, but the writing and world building being very weird and interesting.
You can speed up combat animations so combat goes faster now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

It was not by my hand that I was once again given breasts! I was drawn here by perverts who wish to see me naked.

:emptyquote:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Am I wrong for thinking this looks cool? I feel like I should be wrong.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/kickstarter-campaign-launched-for-futuristic-action-platformer-bushiden-for-ps4-pc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Euro metroidvania indie pixel Kickstarter? Sounds good to me

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

2d retro action platformer, being kickstarted, by a game studio i've never heard of/has no other game credits to their name? that's a lot of warning signs, yes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm the ideas guy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also i'd almost guarantee that some of those animations/sprites are straight up ripped from shinobi 3

and maybe strider arcade?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

like, yeah, but then there's also footage of it in motion and it looks fun to play

edit: that was supposed to go before your post, cowcaster, but also, that spell animation is totally a shinobi 3.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gives me Strider vibes for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOOiCFktU4

Cowcaster posted:

also i'd almost guarantee that some of those animations/sprites are straight up ripped from shinobi 3

Yeah I feel like I've seen the animations somewhere else before, but I can't put my finger on it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Cowcaster posted:

Definitely not Strider arcade, as a person who’s probably plunked 100 hours into it on mame.

But I’m definitely getting a Shinobi 3 feel from it, from the shading art style, the frame rate, animation, etc. I dunno about ripped but probably used as reference.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

this better be a good post i'm freeing.

edit: acceptable

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the sneaking parts of mgs5 are super fun but mother base has got to be the most boring hub area I've ever seen

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think that sword combo is from ninja 5-0 which is a deep cut even for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Definitely not Strider arcade, as a person who’s probably plunked 100 hours into it on mame.

But I’m definitely getting a Shinobi 3 feel from it, from the shading art style, the frame rate, animation, etc. I dunno about ripped but probably used as reference.

You've played 100 hours of Stider arcade?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

the sneaking parts of mgs5 are super fun but mother base has got to be the most boring hub area I've ever seen

Hmm I disagree. Invading FOBs is probably the coolest and most challenging stuff in the game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I never accepted the EULA to MGS5 and so it never asked me to do online stuff, it was great.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
That jump is pretty Strider-esque. Still, there looks like a lot of gameplay footage in the trailer so I'm gonna give this a "cautiously optimistic".

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the one that's driving me nuts is that wall climbing with the hook animation. i know i've seen it somewhere!

edit: upon closer inspection he doesn't have a hook

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/SpaceyCorey/status/1044758524222459905

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Timespinner is probably the most blatant SotN rip off I've ever seen but it seems like a decent one so far.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

This Bowsette thing has gotten way out of hand

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

no kidding

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Timespinner is probably the most blatant SotN rip off I've ever seen but it seems like a decent one so far.

I'm definitely up for a blatant SOTN rip off

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Does it rip off the "plays like a good game" parts, because they seem to always forget that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's receiving exactly the right amount of effort and attention imo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They're putting SotN/Rondo of Blood on PS4 next month and I wanna get those sweet trophies

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

Does it rip off the "plays like a good game" parts, because they seem to always forget that.

I've barely started it but so far yes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

yeah, on the floor, on the sofa, and a bit on the ceiling

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i don't think i need any more metroidvanias tbh

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

a messed up horse posted:

If you don't want them I'll take them *scrapes metroidvanias from your plate to mine*

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

a messed up horse posted:

I do

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

First Bowsette-only convention on October 28th:
http://ketto.com/cp/
https://twitter.com/SANTENSET/status/1044120413553344512

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The best part about this av is that someone gave it to me in TFF lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Put Lucia in DMC5 cowards.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It feels like all this poo poo is happening way too fast to be natural, kind of like the bit in Persona 5 where the Phantom Thieves are exploding in popularity and everyone everywhere is talking about them and it turns out it was all a setup by the government to use the popularity to bait you into going after someone they planned on murdering and have you take the fall for it.

Then again, I guess everyone just really loves dem anime tiddies.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

It's receiving exactly the right amount of effort and attention imo

:same:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So this is the government's plan to ban anime by rounding up everyone who retweets a bowsette pic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When did Anime titties overtake real ones in popularity :(

• Locked thread