Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

https://twitter.com/cii335/status/1044010907020361728

Truly the desire to be stepped on by a thick-eyebrowed dragonperson transcends all languages and cultures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cheetah7071 posted:

So this is the government's plan to ban anime by rounding up everyone who retweets a bowsette pic?

The US government couldn't round up a herd of sheep

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

When did Anime titties overtake real ones in popularity :(

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Shortest Path posted:

It feels like all this poo poo is happening way too fast to be natural
Feels very close to what happened last year with Kemono Friends. I'd be quite amused but also quite surprised if someone were able to intentionally bait such a thing next time it happens. They seem unpredictable.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BREAKING NEWS: BOWSETTE TWEET

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urmva54tbTI

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Truly the desire to be stepped on by a thick-eyebrowed dragonperson transcends all languages and cultures.

Chev posted:

Feels very close to what happened last year with Kemono Friends. I'd be quite amused but also quite surprised if someone were able to intentionally bait such a thing next time it happens. They seem unpredictable.

Never forget

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

2d retro action platformer, being kickstarted, by a game studio i've never heard of/has no other game credits to their name? that's a lot of warning signs, yes

but enough about hollow knight

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

when the weight of the average american adult increased by 30 lbs in 20 years

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This Bowsette thing has gotten way out of hand

nah this all still seems utterly normal and Internet to me

unexpected subject, i grant, but this fad'll still die in about a week just like they all do on the internet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Poniard posted:

Never forget

F

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Poniard posted:

Never forget

He forever lives on in 2D.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

You've played 100 hours of Stider arcade?

Over the course of 15 years, yeah. That and Marvel Super Heroes, Final Fight and Alien vs Predator.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

since the first titty was painted on the cave wall, and carved from the clay

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The White Dragon posted:

when the weight of the average american adult increased by 30 lbs in 20 years

that’s a heavy pair of titties!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

It feels like all this poo poo is happening way too fast to be natural, kind of like the bit in Persona 5 where the Phantom Thieves are exploding in popularity and everyone everywhere is talking about them and it turns out it was all a setup by the government to use the popularity to bait you into going after someone they planned on murdering and have you take the fall for it.

Then again, I guess everyone just really loves dem anime tiddies.
i think bowser's been a lovely villain since 1997 and nobody likes peach's personality so this kind of scratches both itches. imo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

i think bowser's been a lovely villain since 1997 and nobody likes peach's personality so this kind of scratches both itches. imo.

Bowser owns though

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

bowser's awesome but bowser's role in seven stars or thousand year door should have been the bowser we got for the past two decades, not super mario 64 bowser over and over.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Consider how many more people did fanart of Splatoon 1 than actually played it, now compare that to Bowser as a cute girl. There was no way people weren't going to go ham for this. Even I've drawn princess bowser, everyone is.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Liver Disaster posted:

Consider how many more people did fanart of Splatoon 1 than actually played it, now compare that to Bowser as a cute girl. There was no way people weren't going to go ham for this. Even I've drawn princess bowser, everyone is.

show us your bowsette art

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Super Crown/Bowsette is a fine and natural part of any fandom in this day and age. Like someone else said, it'll be hot for a week or so and then in a month or so Jimmy Fallon will do a bit about it and the rest of the world will have moved on to the next fetish, Hats With Pockets.

It feels like all this poo poo is happening way too fast to be natural, kind of like the bit in Persona 5 where the Phantom Thieves are exploding in popularity and everyone everywhere is talking about them and it turns out it was all a setup by the government to use the popularity to bait you into going after someone they planned on murdering and have you take the fall for it.

Then again, I guess everyone just really loves dem anime tiddies.

I... do not remember this plot point at all. :(

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
peach can be a fun character when she gets to be a character

hard to be a character when you only get to have a speaking role in like twelve games out of 200

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

I would, but I can't draw.

Also who doesn't like Bowser? He's cool in every game he's in.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Tbh if I were at all artistically inclined I’d join in but I have legitimately no good idea of exactly why the subject appeals to me, save that it does do so

I’m a boob guy though so I guess I have to acknowledge it could just be that, though writing so makes me feel pretty skeevy :(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Colonel posted:

peach can be a fun character when she gets to be a character

hard to be a character when you only get to have a speaking role in like twelve games out of 20.
yeah i only remember it happening in 7 stars and tyd but they were so long ago at this point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Tbh if I were at all artistically inclined I’d join in but I have legitimately no good idea of exactly why the subject appeals

I’m a boob guy though so I guess I have to acknowledge it could just be that, though writing so makes me feel pretty skeevy :(

liking boobs isn’t bad

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

cheetah7071 posted:

show us your bowsette art

Lost to drawpile, will probably do more over the weekend!

chumbler posted:

Also who doesn't like Bowser? He's cool in every game he's in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

No Wave posted:

Do not disparage my big thicc boi like this :(

Ciaphas posted:

Boobs are good, friend

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Please express yourselves artistically, draw some sort of Bowser, it will make you happy.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

lol if u werent already beatin ur meat to bowser before all this, just lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Andrast posted:

liking boobs isn’t bad

I’m sure it’s not but I’m prudish as hell by nature and living in a culture that taught me that Sex Is Evil has probably warped my brainmeats permanently

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I think it'd be real easy to photoshop the cover of Plumbers Don't Wear Ties to be Bowsette fan art if I could find a big enough copy of the source. It's basically adding a red hat, horns and a spike collar and BOOM I'm part of the fetishphere

e:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rarity posted:

Do not disparage my big thicc boi like this :(
You dont understand i want better for him. He's a mediocre main villain but a great deuteragonist, he should still be in all the games.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ciaphas posted:

Tbh if I were at all artistically inclined I’d join in but I have legitimately no good idea of exactly why the subject appeals to me, save that it does do so

the basic design is fun and the concept simple enough that there's plenty of room to interpret it in different ways

No Wave posted:

yeah i only remember it happening in 7 stars and tyd but they were so long ago at this point.

the like ten minutes at the end of and random post-game stuff in odyssey is more characterization than peach has gotten to have in like any big 3d mario platformer ever and it kind of owns

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I’m sure it’s not but I’m prudish as hell by nature and living in a culture that taught me that Sex Is Evil has probably warped my brainmeats permanently

Draw a bowser with big tits

That will probably help or something

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bowsette's just a modern version of when people were doing os-tans in the 2000s

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the lesson we've learned from any mario game with a vaguely entertaining plot is that bowser and peach work a lot better when the games aren't intentionally written to give them like zero time on-screen

they don't even need to be like, supporting characters, though having a new central villain can make things more fun it still just works better in general if they're like. written at all to be characters. the peach segments in paper mario 64 can feel a bit long but there's a lot of fun writing in those. hell all of bowser's early stuff in superstar saga owns and the whole intermission bit between the first and second halves of that game is really fun

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bowsette as a trans icon is powerful and good, actually

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How many mainline mario games have more than just the barest possible story? Like, odyssey and sunshine specifically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I assume Galaxy, I never played them but Rosalina has shown up in enough stuff that she must have been a character

• Locked thread