Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

The Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Cooked Auto posted:

Finished refurbishing an old unit of Scions as I thought the cherry red armor and custard coloured fatigues they had looked a bit off. Not to mention I have four more Scions to paint in the future and I didn't want them to look mismatched so I gave these guys an updated paint job.

This rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm not a fan of the FoC slot fuckery because I think the new detachments do a better job of the same thing; they just need to be fixed so they generate more CP.

I mean they already did this with Knights and to a lesser extent Dark Eldar.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm so conflicted. I love my avatar, but the picture of that dogge with “Who is an effective combat beast? Is it you? The question is rhetorical. It is you.” is the greatest avatar I could ever think of.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I mean they already did this with Knights and to a lesser extent Dark Eldar.

The DE thing was immediately before the battalion bump that made it irrelevant.

They need to re-evaluate CP and detachments line wide.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Fel Zharost was the Night Lords' chief librarian and became a Knight Errant, and he apparently took most of the Night Lords' librarians with him to become proto-Grey Knights.

There's also been hints that Jago Sevatarion might have ended up a Grandmaster of the Grey Knights.

I’ve never heard of the second part, what book was this in?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Imo have forge world sculpt guard versions of every recognized breed.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

panascope posted:

Its not in any book other than one of the first grey knight grandmasters fought with a spear by all accounts Sevetar dies during the siege of terra. There was a short story of him in space jail after being captured by the dark angels where he has a bunch of weird shark dreams and vows to assault the enemies of man where they live and become an avatar of justice.

which from the dude who first said death to the false emperor first is a bit of a turn to say the least, but we will see as his story isnt finished.

His use of a chain glaive and weird shark dreams had people thinking he founded the space sharks for a while but there newer fluff has this not lining up so well anymore.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

Imo have forge world sculpt guard versions of every recognized breed.

Colonel-Comissar Corgi

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Stephenls posted:

Today, the Regimental Standard asks who's a good boy?

I love the fact they outrank NCOs.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Mulva posted:

I love the fact they outrank NCOs.

There's precedent.

The dog is a sergeant, his handler is a corporal:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

panascope posted:

someone on reddit read this and thought it had to be sevatar

quote:

The statue on the eighth plinth showed a warrior in the same armour of blood jade as his brothers, one boot lifted to rest on a sculpted boulder. He carried a nemesis halberd, the spearpoint thrust into the plinth itself, letting him lean upon it with casual indifference. Whatever features he possessed in life were hidden beneath his helm, which in turn was weathered to near smoothness by time’s touch.

Khyron Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood

‘Already, you exalt me for my triumphs,

When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries.

Victory is nothing more than survival.

It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.

If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers.’

I’d never understood the words, though they’d always fascinated me. Was the truth behind the inscription locked in the inner sanctum’s archives, secreted away only for the eyes of our leaders? Who could say? We had as many legends of our brotherhood’s founding lord as there were stars in the night sky. The champions he’d slain, the wars he’d won, the daemons he’d banished – who knew how much had been twisted through the centuries? Even our records, meticulous as we liked to believe them, still suffered from human error when inscribed, and a great deal of our records were sequestered by knight-lords and our Inquisitorial masters.

because someone thought it once it's now 100% Canon and you'll get a 10 day probation if you question it further

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cessna posted:

There's precedent.

That's nothing. This dog is a general of a dumb, fake army that represents less than 4% of the student body of a huge state school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reveille_(dog)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Z the IVth posted:

Colonel-Comissar Corgi

Commisar Cainine

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cessna posted:

There's precedent.

Imagine joining the Marines thinking you would be a badass and you score well enough (you didnt eat the crayons) on your aptitude test that you got accepted into doghandling school.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
If God is just, whoever designed the hellblasters kit got rear end cancer.

This is the most finicky thing I've ever seen from GW

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Safety Factor posted:

That's nothing. This dog is a general.

Her orders got me out of class once and that's good enough for me.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SpikeMcclane posted:

Her orders got me out of class once and that's good enough for me.
I never had a class with Reveille. :smith:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
FAQ predictions itt:

• Deep strike beta rules made official.
• Drop pods keep their price, but can deep strike turn 1.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

FAQ predictions itt:

• Deep strike beta rules made official.
• Drop pods keep their price, but can deep strike turn 1.

I would like this, as well as an assault vehicle rule that let's you disembark from a land raider after it has moved.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My predictions:

All beta rules made official since everyone uses them anyway.

Kurov's Aquila nerfed to 6+.

CP sharing somehow limited and all detachments get a baseline amount of CP similar to the Rogue Trader minidex.

Inquisitors somehow unfucked so people can actually field them.

Wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Zasze posted:

by all accounts Sevetar dies during the siege of terra.

There was an AMA on Reddit with ADB. He mentions that Sevetar certainly survives the heresy and goes on to do big things in the years after; but does not survive to current 40k times.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Always wailing and gnashing. The detachment system may need a once over but I think they'd wait till 9th to overhaul it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shockeh posted:

I want them to make a nod to the various fan-concepts, and have Primaris Chapters from loyalist geneseed go rogue, whilst somehow it becomes more and more obvious that ostensibly loyal Primaris Chapters are borne from Traitor geneseed, and it's not something inherent; A good nod to the nature/nurture debate that has been part of the 40k canon since RT.

"Oh, the Noctis Regere? Yeah, they're fine. I mean, they wear the skins of their enemies, and have taken to terrorising populations, but only BAD ones, so that's fine."
"The War Hounds Chapter? Bit savage, but incredibly loyal."

"Woops, this White Scar Primaris Chapter went AWOL!" :v:

My personal 40k :tinfoil:theory is that Primaris marines are just Thunder Warriors without the stuff that makes them melt and go cuckoo-bananas

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My predictions:

CP sharing somehow limited and all detachments get a baseline amount of CP similar to the Rogue Trader minidex.

I think instead of all of this detachment fuckery they've been doing to make assassins playable, they just need to give them a special rule called "Agents of the Imperium" or something that just let's them be taken as part of any imperial army without affecting detachment bonuses.

Inquisitors should either get a similar rule or take on the key word for the militant faction associated with their ordo (death watch, grey knights, or adeptus ministorum)

I'm guessing sisters of silence will be addressed eventually and get a proper HQ, but in the meantime maybe give them a shared keyword with custodes or a similar rule that just let's be taken without messing with bonuses?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My predictions:

I feel (hope) Kill Team is sort of a beta test for the entire CP system. In CA I hope they beta test the CP system to be 3 baseline, +1 a round for Warlord alive, battleforged army, warlord trait, relics etc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mef989 posted:

I think instead of all of this detachment fuckery they've been doing to make assassins playable, they just need to give them a special rule called "Agents of the Imperium" or something that just let's them be taken as part of any imperial army without affecting detachment bonuses.

Inquisitors should either get a similar rule or take on the key word for the militant faction associated with their ordo (death watch, grey knights, or adeptus ministorum)

I'm guessing sisters of silence will be addressed eventually and get a proper HQ, but in the meantime maybe give them a shared keyword with custodes or a similar rule that just let's be taken without messing with bonuses?

Giving certain units like Inquisitirs a shared keyword, or having a detachment that allowed Imperial units with no duplicates, could be interesting.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I feel (hope) Kill Team is sort of a beta test for the entire CP system. In CA I hope they beta test the CP system to be 3 baseline, +1 a round for Warlord alive, battleforged army, warlord trait, relics etc.

That would be cool.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Giving certain units like Inquisitirs a shared keyword, or having a detachment that allowed Imperial units with no duplicates, could be interesting.

It just seems like a more elegant solution to me and would actually allow people to use the units without sacrificing one of your 3 detachments.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

does anyone have access to the 3rd edition rulebook? I'm looking for an image spread near the center of the studio Night Lords army.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mef989 posted:

It just seems like a more elegant solution to me and would actually allow people to use the units without sacrificing one of your 3 detachments.

Oh I agree. Just thinking out loud.

Agent of the Imperium: This unit can be included in any IMPERIUM detachment without the army losing its Battle Forged status. Only one unit with this rule can be included in each detachment.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh I agree. Just thinking out loud.

Agent of the Imperium: This unit can be included in any IMPERIUM detachment without the army losing its Battle Forged status. Only one unit with this rule can be included in each detachment.

What about if they can't take up compulsory slots unless every unit in the detachment has the AGENT or w/e keyword?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

fashionly snort posted:

What about if they can't take up compulsory slots unless every unit in the detachment has the AGENT or w/e keyword?

Like an Inquisitor can't be a HQ unless it's an Agent detachment?

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Like an Inquisitor can't be a HQ unless it's an Agent detachment?

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Might have to make an exception there though? The only thing I really want is codex like the 4th edition Daemon Hunters / Witch Hunters books 😭😭😭😭

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

fashionly snort posted:

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Might have to make an exception there though? The only thing I really want is codex like the 4th edition Daemon Hunters / Witch Hunters books 😭😭😭😭

I don't know how much I like this to be honest. I could see limiting the agents to one per non-agents imperium detachment but also allowing them to complete their own full agents detachment, but assassins in particular have always been something you could just throw into your normal space marine or imperial guard list as an elite, and I kind of see single inquisitors tagging along as being similar.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

fashionly snort posted:

I don't think it matters too much.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

It would be cool if when Imperial Agents get a codex that they gain the ability to take Grey Knights, Deathwatch Veterans or Sisters of Battle in the same detachment when being led by an Inquisitor of the appropriate Ordo, like they did in the 7th edition codex. Of course, like the 7th ed codex it'll probably be the last one and then the new edition will drop immediately afterwards. I'm still mad I dropped $70aud on that book and only got to play twice with it. :argh:

Also if the next Chapter Approved doesn't allow Word Bearers to take either Possessed or Chosen as troops I'm going to be mad. I'm definitely going to be mad.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

OhDearGodNo posted:

does anyone have access to the 3rd edition rulebook? I'm looking for an image spread near the center of the studio Night Lords army.

I've got it; do you know which page, or what specific image? In the color photographs section there's a couple pages with some images of Night Lords, but not one big army shot as far as I can find.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I don’t get why Hereticus gets “Chaos or Psyker” rather than (what seems like the obvious choice to me at least): “Imperium or Psyker”. Hereticus are literally going after those who hide their sin behind the righteous mask?

E: And witches too, obvs?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Schadenboner posted:

I don’t get why Hereticus gets “Chaos or Psyker” rather than (what seems like the obvious choice to me at least): “Imperium or Psyker”. Hereticus are literally going after those who hide their sin behind the righteous mask?

E: And witches too, obvs?

Ordo hereticus go after internal problems, but there's always some chaos marines or daemons running the show and they fight those too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

JBP posted:

Ordo hereticus go after internal problems, but there's always some chaos marines or daemons running the show and they fight those too.

But what that means in practice on the tabletop is that they’ve got almost 100% overlap with Malleus which is “Chaos *or* Daemon” (I think the only non-Chaos daemon is an Avatar?). Giving them “Imperium *or* Psyker” would make them both differentiated from Malleus and useful. It would mean that, since the ORDO doesn’t have to get picked until deployment, that a list with a generic =][= would (in theory) be able to versus anyone which I think is sort-of one of their “things”?

All Inquisitors should also get a Rosarius. I mean: some poo poo-tier Valhallan street preacher gets a 4++ while a goddamn full-Rosette =][= is stuck with Carapace? Seriously?

E: Hereticus should be the ones leading marines or guard against other marines or guard for real or imagined heresies. I also think the three chambers millitant should carry the ORDO keyword (but not the quarry or the authority of the inquisition rules). I feel like as we’ve moved away from “Codex: Witchhunters/Daemonhunters*” towards “Codex: Grey Knights” or “Sisters of Battle” or “Deathwatch” the role of these three forces as chambers militant has been narratively eroded and that’s unfortunate.

*: Also, does anyone know why Codex: Xenohunters was never a thing? I heard a rumor that the Codex was written but it never got released but I never got a reason (if this rumor was in fact true, obviously).

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 27, 2018