Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
What a discussion. Dog owners feeling insecure about their preference pathetically trying to put majestic cats down.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just let your cat do its business in the neighborhood jeez.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

necroid posted:

If you have a cat and your house smells bad you're just a lazy slob. Regular litter cleanup does wonders to prevent the crazy cat lady smell.

Every single cat person says this as if by sheer force of repetition it will become true.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this is why outdoor cats are the best cats

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Outdoor cats are totally hosed. Seems completely insane to me that you would have a cat and put the responsibility of feeding and caring for it on your neighbours/wildlife.

I have an inside cat because he has cat AIDS. He rules.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Every cat and dog should be rounded up and kuddled

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Outside cats are great if you are cool with the idea of waking up to find it flattened on the side of the street or never see it again if someone decides it is cute enough to steal. Can't say i blame you if you do feel this way tbh.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Outdoor cats are totally hosed. Seems completely insane to me that you would have a cat and put the responsibility of feeding and caring for it on your neighbours/wildlife.

I have an inside cat because he has cat AIDS. He rules.

Indoor cats are where its at because they can't run over fences when its cuddle time :getin:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Outside cats are great if you are cool with the idea of waking up to find it flattened on the side of the street or never see it again if someone decides it is cute enough to steal. Can't say i blame you if you do feel this way tbh.
Outside cats are cool if you lust for songbird death

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nocheez posted:

I'm sure anything you could conceive of the Hollywood elite doing, has probably happened in some similar form in real life.

And it's kind of cheating given Bojack Horseman is pretty openly based on various Hollywood celebrity depravities and tragedies; Sarah-Lynn is a mix of Linsey Lohan, Amy Winehouse, Britney Spears and a number of other pop idol celebrities and actresses with a likely history of abuse and drug problems leading to an early death. They even pretty early on have a Weinstein-style rapist in an unassailable position of power whose predations are an open secret but too many careers depend on him to actually suffer any consequences. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's bare-faced satire. Wouldn't be surprised if a few stories that aren't public knowledge are written into it, but plenty of it is just how a lack of consequences for his behaviour on top of being perpetually drunk and high leads Bojack to have almost no control over his worst impulses and do horrible things as a result.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My mother-in-law has an "outside cat" that has a crate indoors (connected to a cat door so he can go outside) and he pretty much spends all his time in the crate because he's like 17 years old

When they decided to make him an outdoor cat the vet warned her he'd be dead in like six months but that was like four years ago

loquacius fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 26, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nothing can kill outside cats except bigger outside cats looking to claim their titles and land. One way or another you'll always have an outside cat, it just may not be the one you started with.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Anyone with an outdoor cat deserves to have that cat run over by a car. My neighborhood is crazy cat lady HQ and every plant in my flower bed has been pissed-on to death and my car is covered in scratches from cats climbing all over it.

I am not the confessor that was hunting stray cats and making coats from their skins, but I could be someday.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nothing can kill outside cats except bigger outside cats looking to claim their titles and land. One way or another you'll always have an outside cat, it just may not be the one you started with.

on the other hands, indoor cats live on average twice as long as outdoor cats, even with the issues caused by being inside cats like depression

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Arven posted:

Anyone with an outdoor cat deserves to have that cat run over by a car. My neighborhood is crazy cat lady HQ and every plant in my flower bed has been pissed-on to death and my car is covered in scratches from cats climbing all over it.

I am not the confessor that was hunting stray cats and making coats from their skins, but I could be someday.

Sounds like you get what you deserve.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Arven posted:

Be the change, friend.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Lambert posted:

Sounds like you get what you deserve.

I deserve to have my property damaged because I live in a neighborhood with a dozen plus outside cats?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cats and birds are the most annoying pets and pet owners. Dogs under 30lbs are a very close second.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Arven posted:

I deserve to have my property damaged because I live in a neighborhood with a dozen plus outside cats?

If your response is to lust for the death of animals that are just doing they thing, yes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

on the other hands, indoor cats live on average twice as long as outdoor cats, even with the issues caused by being inside cats like depression

You're right, it's much better to have a house cat that lives in depression for 20 years than an outdoor cat that lives a joyous life outside for ten

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ALFbrot posted:

If your response is to lust for the death of animals that are just doing they thing, yes

crazy outside cat person spotted

nobody wants to deal with your stupid cats

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Sagebrush posted:

You're right, it's much better to have a house cat that lives in depression for 20 years than an outdoor cat that lives a joyous life outside for ten
Keeping cats inside is cat torture and keeping them inside is bird murder. If only there was some third option...

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

It's a cat, anything you see as "depression" is just you anthropomorphising them and them acting in a way that gets them attention/food/treats.

My dog acts disappointed and sad when you don't let her eat actual poo poo or food/chemicals that will actually kill her or let her off the leash to go chase a squirrel, but that doesn't make me some monster not letting my dog live a "happy" life of getting run over or choking on its own vomit after chowing down on a box of laundry detergent.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I wouldn't call any cat I've ever seen on the street "joyous", they seem way more focused on getting away from me as fast as possible. I'm not convinced cats feel any emotions outside of a generalized hatred for life itself

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Squashing Machine posted:

a generalized hatred for life itself

:same:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sagebrush posted:

kitty prozac exists.

or, for an actual recommended option, you get those toys that dispense food. turns out making them work for their food like that fills the hole that losing bird murder leaves.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We should make that for people. Like an animatronic human that dispenses delicious Burger King Whopper SandwichesTM when you chase it down in your home and club it "to death." Might even cut down on murders!

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 26, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Solice Kirsk posted:

We should make that for people. Like an animatronic human that dispenses delicious Burger King Whopper SandwichesTM when you chase it down in your home and club it "to death." Might even cut down on murders!

holy poo poo that's a great idea

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Whenever the subject of interpersonal relationships come up in a thread, I describe myself as single with very little contact with family or friends. The reason for this is that I'm paranoid as hell about my personal information leaking online and I want to protect my identity and those of my wife, kids, friends and family.

Also, I hope the stylometry/mastermind/xlsx goons get help or, failing that, fall off a very high cliff.

I wouldn't worry that much, you're not the Batman and the Riddler isn't gonna come for your young ward

Followup from the Twisted Personality Test anon:

quote:

yeah I eat rear end posted:

This is no better than those "what disney princess are you" facebook quizzes. It will just tell you what you want to hear

it was designed by PhD psychologists. German ones, so you know they were very thorough. Maybe your narcissism dragged your score higher as well? I can think of a certain world leader who also loves to emphatically make claims about things he has no knowledge of. Or is part of your "sadism" score trolling, because I'd like to be clear all your lovely posts do is make me smirk as I sip on the martini my girlfriend made me as I sit on the balcony of the condo I own which is probably worth more than both your parents' childhood homes put together.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Dark personality goon: it's possible that you actually aren't antisocial in the sense of having a disorder but might have some narcissistic or sociopathic traits. If it does concern you do speak to a professional.

It doesn't concern me. Well, the only thing that concerns me is that I will somehow slip up and be given a harmful label. I saw some BPDtard whinging about stigma against people with BPD in another GBS thread recently... at least *I* deliver value to society instead of just REEEEEing out and cutting myself + occasionally giving a literally-crazy-good bj to some goon.

Anyways, I digress. I'm not super worried. I might slip up and lose my temper eventually, but I'm already at a point that I could just gently caress off to a low cost of living country while my nest egg matures, and I have no criminal record. I could beat down a man on 5th avenue and end up with a clean record post-probation.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I could be wrong but it sounds to me that you have some narcissism going on and the benefits of success are giving you fuel. Do you bask in the admiration of others? Is that what drives you? I won't say there's anything wrong with that just, you know, don't be a dick about it.

Doesn't everyone want to be admired? I don't want to go into detail, but I don't work in politics - I work in technology. I have a very specific set of skills that many people like to glorify. Loq is wrong, I'm not a politician. Think less Frank Underwood, more Tyrell Wellick. I certainly enjoy admiration, but if I wanted just that I'd work for an NGO. I like being paid.

I'm not entitled, I'm just holding society to the social contract. There's an implicit agreement here: I hold back my darker tendencies, in exchange for gainful employment. If I can't be paid well for my skills, why would I work within the law? People like me will always rise to the top - it's in everyone's best interest I be provided a legal, mutually beneficial way for that to happen :)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I have a phd fesher and I'd expect you to put exactly as much stock in to any online quiz I'd write as that one: zero, i'm an idiot. If it was part of a published work with all the errors explained and you were a part of it, it might make sense to buy into it, but that's not the case, you're just some dude who took an online quiz.

also you cranked your "pretending to be a smug dark edgy moron" writing up too high. It was kind of believable in your first fesh, but now it's clear you're just fishing for even more extreme responses.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Outside cat chat:

My parents live in the country outside a small town and a lot of people will drive unwanted pets out there and drop them off so there is always a stray cat or dog coming around. Not long after my sister and I went to college my mom started leaving food out for the cats. A few of them stuck around and started breeding and before long there were like 20-30. My dad hates them and he and my mom have reached an uneasy truce on the subject. Every time the population of cats gets up to about 20-30 and my mom goes out of town for a trip my dad gets out his gun and shoots as many as he can until my mom gets back home. Inevitably he doesn't get them all and the few that are left start breeding again. You'd be surprised how fast 3-4 cats can turn into 30. Every time I go back home I don't know if I am going to see 3-4 super skittish cats or 30 cats sitting around a food bowl waiting to be fed. They don't speak about this to each other, my mom pretends they just left or "coyotes got them" even though she absolutely knows what is going on. It is kind of cute in a crazy country redneck way.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Please cut off your outside cats balls.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

D-Pad posted:

Outside cat chat:

My parents live in the country outside a small town and a lot of people will drive unwanted pets out there and drop them off so there is always a stray cat or dog coming around. Not long after my sister and I went to college my mom started leaving food out for the cats. A few of them stuck around and started breeding and before long there were like 20-30. My dad hates them and he and my mom have reached an uneasy truce on the subject. Every time the population of cats gets up to about 20-30 and my mom goes out of town for a trip my dad gets out his gun and shoots as many as he can until my mom gets back home. Inevitably he doesn't get them all and the few that are left start breeding again. You'd be surprised how fast 3-4 cats can turn into 30. Every time I go back home I don't know if I am going to see 3-4 super skittish cats or 30 cats sitting around a food bowl waiting to be fed. They don't speak about this to each other, my mom pretends they just left or "coyotes got them" even though she absolutely knows what is going on. It is kind of cute in a crazy country redneck way.

Uh

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

That's hosed up, but that's not as hosed up as Elise the Great's story about how she methodically eliminated all the horribly inbred cats that one time during her really messed up childhood. 6/10, D-Pad.

Archives
Nov 23, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Outside cat chat:

After a while only the most skittish and murder proof cats will survive and breed, creating a race of bullet resistant super cats.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

D-Pad posted:

Outside cat chat:

every time your mom goes to visit her family it's basically the equivalent of the age of catkind coming to an end and ushering in the Great Darkness to fall upon them

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
My cat only goes outdoors for a short time everyday.

One time, a blue jay crashed into my bay window and broke its neck. While it flopped around on the ground, I was trying to figure out how to help it.

My cat came over, jumped on top of it and ripped its head off Ozzy style.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, but think of the poo poo storm when they launch the Dairy Queen model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

D-Pad posted:

Outside cat chat:

apparently your dad is a psycopath but i guess you already knew that