Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I can't think of more kiwifarms worthy behavior than thinking up stupid conspiracy theories why Lowtax won't do what you want to immediately and assigning the worst motivations out of whole cloth possible, maybe you doomsayers should all go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I can't think of more kiwifarms worthy behavior than thinking up stupid conspiracy theories why Lowtax won't do what you want to immediately and assigning the worst motivations out of whole cloth possible, maybe you doomsayers should all go there.
I can't either, but that's just because I don't fantasize about what is or isn't behavior I might encounter on the kiwifarms website.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The answer actually is: he lazy and don't really care.

I strive to follow in his footsteps.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
I would like it if the Kiwifarms ads stopped because KF is not a place you should be encouraging people to support :(

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Please get rid of the Kiwifarms ad. :(

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806750&userid=27691:mmmhmm:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

you people are giving them their money's worth and then some

"getting mad about things is exactly what they want, just roll over and let them do whatever without talking about it" doesn't really fly

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

puve posted:

It's free to sign up there, according to an ad I saw.

It sure is. I enjoy SA and kiwifarms

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Anticheese posted:

Please get rid of the Kiwifarms ad. :(

Agreed

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I don't get how it's a honey pot or a successful attack just cause some peeps are saying take down the ad

Like, they paid money for the ad, and now they lollin that we are complaining about it? Seems like some puppet master dumb poo poo

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

eric posted:

Same

Soral
May 30, 2009

personally, i use adblock, to not see the ads. topic locked

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They might be scared about other unsuspecting goons accidentally clicking on it and turning into racists and transphobes

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

eric posted:

Personally it's not my thing. I really do like laughing at Darksydephil over his lovely youtube content, but people digging deep and describing what a goddamn shambles his life is outside of that only detracted from my enjoyment of his awful creative output.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe just buy the No Ads upgrade or block that ad if you don't want to see it? It's not like removing the ad from the site will make Kiwi Farms magically disappear from the internet.

I don't get why they still have an entire subforum dedicated to DSP in 2018. He's probably going to own himself a couple more times and then fade into obscurity once he stops making money off streams. Really only merits a single thread.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

hello hi I use ad-block but the fact that kiwifarms is being advertised at all is hosed so yeah delete that, however much they paid isn't worth it

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Hello, Kiwi Farms is a bad website for actually bad people and having the ad here is also bad.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
Hey, please delete the Kiwi Farms ad!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

any word from lowtax on whether he's going to remove the ad from the website whose biggest hobby is harassing trans people until they kill themselves?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

atomicthumbs posted:

any word from lowtax on whether he's going to remove the ad from the website whose biggest hobby is harassing trans people until they kill themselves?

Yes.

Manky posted:

For what it's worth I PMed lowtax about the new lovely ad some days ago and he replied. I tried arguing and he responded politely but disappointingly. It might be worth others sending him short, courteous messages but currently he does know about the ad and is allowing it to run.

So the answer is no, the ad isn't going anywhere until its completion.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
well we had a thread here, that discussion moved to this thread, there's now a GBS thread about it

I'd say they got their money's worth regardless of what happens now unless you guys wanna give them a BOGO deal and lose your poo poo over it some more

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

atomicthumbs posted:

Who killed themselves because of kf?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

lol they doxxed me because I posted in here, thanks lowtax

fortunately as an artist with a portfolio site pretty much everything they were able to find was information I already knowingly made public

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh no, did they find your viral tweet??

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

Oh no, did they find your viral tweet??

They found it. I'm done. I'm cancelled

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

well we had a thread here, that discussion moved to this thread, there's now a GBS thread about it

I'd say they got their money's worth regardless of what happens now unless you guys wanna give them a BOGO deal and lose your poo poo over it some more

"Jokes on them I was only pretending to be retarded"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Saagonsa posted:

I mean the link to the thread where they are laughing about it is right in the ad they bought it's not like they are hiding in a secret discord with inscrutable motives

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
I'm curious, are the people angry about Lowtax keeping the kiwifarms ad still going to keep giving the site and Lowtax money?

For real, because I've noticed that a lot of the same people who keep complaining about Lowtax's offsite behavior and supposed gently caress-ups also still keep giving Lowtax money in spite of it. It's weird and strange, but it happens anyways. A lot.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Bedlamdan posted:

I'm curious, are the people angry about Lowtax keeping the kiwifarms ad still going to keep giving the site and Lowtax money?

For real, because I've noticed that a lot of the same people who keep complaining about Lowtax's offsite behavior and supposed gently caress-ups also still keep giving Lowtax money in spite of it. It's weird and strange, but it happens anyways. A lot.

"people are trying to change a website they care about for the better, how strange"

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

botany posted:

"people are trying to change a website they care about for the better, how strange"

A website run by a dude who decided he was okay with this, and is going to continue to be okay with things similar to this in the future. Like if things were going to change it would have happened in 2014 or so when he was going around saying 'things are totally going to change!' Supporting him in spite of all this isn't going to encourage him to change, either.

I sometimes struggle to understand the cult-like devotion this internet forum commands, in spite of the fact that in terms of personality its owner has always been pretty much exactly the same problematic shitlord trapped in 2003 as the ones current day users like to keep howling about in dedicated mock threads.

I think it's all pretty creepy. And it's really only going to get creepier as time goes on.

And at least the lovely Neogaf dude posts on his forums more than once per lunar cycle.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Bedlamdan posted:

A website run by a dude who decided he was okay with this, and is going to continue to be okay with things similar to this in the future. Like if things were going to change it would have happened in 2014 or so when he was going around saying 'things are totally going to change!' Supporting him in spite of all this isn't going to encourage him to change, either.

I sometimes struggle to understand the cult-like devotion this internet forum commands, in spite of the fact that in terms of personality its owner has always been pretty much exactly the same problematic shitlord trapped in 2003 as the ones current day users like to keep howling about in dedicated mock threads.

I think it's all pretty creepy. And it's really only going to get creepier as time goes on.

And at least the lovely Neogaf dude posts on his forums more than once per lunar cycle.

if you think i'm lowtax's biggest fan then lmao

lowtax is a severely troubled dude (for reasons both of his own making and due to random poo poo luck) who has time and again shown extremely bad decision making, but for better or for worse he is literally the only person sitting at the buttons that make this dumb forum work. partly that's because he hired a contingent of monkeys to throw typewriters at a wall until a Web Two Point Oh site fell out. so there are exactly two options here:

(1) throw your hands up and say gently caress it
(2) try to coax the ambien elemental into actually operating the loving website he pretends to own

since i like this forum despite its shortcomings and since there are a number of people here (or formerly here) that i appreciate, i want this dumb forum to be as good as it can be. i do not give a single poo poo what the sad sacks on kiwi farms think (shoutout to the one guy who keeps screen shotting my posts lmao), i think we as a community should at least try to force this place to be the best it can be.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Change the ad to this lol

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

botany posted:

if you think i'm lowtax's biggest fan then lmao

lowtax is a severely troubled dude (for reasons both of his own making and due to random poo poo luck) who has time and again shown extremely bad decision making, but for better or for worse he is literally the only person sitting at the buttons that make this dumb forum work. partly that's because he hired a contingent of monkeys to throw typewriters at a wall until a Web Two Point Oh site fell out. so there are exactly two options here:

(1) throw your hands up and say gently caress it
(2) try to coax the ambien elemental into actually operating the loving website he pretends to own

since i like this forum despite its shortcomings and since there are a number of people here (or formerly here) that i appreciate, i want this dumb forum to be as good as it can be. i do not give a single poo poo what the sad sacks on kiwi farms think (shoutout to the one guy who keeps screen shotting my posts lmao), i think we as a community should at least try to force this place to be the best it can be.

I'm way past (1) at this point. But while I get that people who are not on board with Lowtax as a person might still like the website he made, the two are inseparable. Supporting SA is always going to mean supporting Lowtax, and that does mean financially backing a dude even if he does something you think is hosed up. And doing that is a nonstarter for more than a few people here whenever it's for something not SA related. I don't feel that the site is still good enough to warrant that sort of exception.

Personally I just get by via insulating myself in a deep layer of cynical apathy while simultaneously cultivating a sense of childlike wonder and curiosity towards forums drama like whatever we've got going on right now.

Also the GBS thread over this has been closed so I guess the two main places for discussing the Kiwifarms ad are now this thread, but, also Kiwifarms.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

puve posted:

Change the ad to this lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

This is GBS summed up in a sentence.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
The ad and KF itself are extremely GBS. Stupid, boring, and should be removed from SA.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

The ad and KF itself are extremely GBS. Stupid, boring, and should be removed from SA.

The ad is staying.

Lowtax posted:

I'm aware that poo poo is bannable here, which is why we've always banned it. I have zero problem with KF buying a banner ad here though, because to me it's a honeypot for garbage posters that I do not want posting here. Any moron who goes there and thinks "boy, these people are funny and this site is good, I think I should stay and post here" deserves to stay there and get the gently caress off these forums. No sane, rational, or decent poster will go to KF and become a regular there for the rest of their life. I have absolutely zero issue with having the trash here get up and go somewhere else, and I'm absolutely against the notion that it's my job to retain the users who consider KF to be a great site. gently caress em, let em go and post there all they want, try to convince me we're losing something of value here.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bedlamdan posted:

The ad is staying.

Congrats, you must be so proud.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Congrats, you must be so proud.

Just because our standards here are so very low that I can never accurately call myself disappointed, does not necessarily mean I am proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
I’m more like a bleary eyed stepfather who, while finding his step-son much too embarrassing to ever love let alone be proud of, is at least vaguely grateful that they haven’t done a mass shooting.

You might be grateful the admins didn’t immediately announce Null was buying the forums wholesale, but you can’t really be proud just because they cleared a bar so low they could have stepped on it.