Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

man that "herald of mittani" wh40k gimmick that someone is doing on reddit is insanely bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Hello space friends I miss homeland defense jabber and the forums. Not enough to start playing again, but close. I occasionally check out the influence map to see if we've retaken Deklein but no luck so far. Keep up the good fight, I have never not believed (and will never not believe) in you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Colonel rhombus the goodposting robot from the future we don't deserve

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Accounts are free now so you could always just rejoin then never log in and hang out in jabber like normal people do.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

uwaeve posted:

Hello space friends I miss homeland defense jabber and the forums. Not enough to start playing again, but close. I occasionally check out the influence map to see if we've retaken Deklein but no luck so far. Keep up the good fight, I have never not believed (and will never not believe) in you.

hi rhombutts

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

uwaeve posted:

we probably won't take back deklein, they changed the game so that you want as many systems inside a single 6LY radius as possible and deklein is like the absolute worst for that poo poo

delve is unironically better, no matter how :mensch: it sounds for us to be all "DIDNT WANTREADY REPLACED" about deklein

your space trash can be retrieved by triggering asset safety, where it will teleport all your stuff to lowsec for 15% of its value

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

uwaeve posted:

We got close, there is a Keepstar only a few jumps away. But I think people got bored, or we are being merciful or something so the war is over.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rutibex posted:

What kind of money do you get out of one of those? Is it consistent, or are you hoping for a few super rare blueprints drops?

On a level 4, if it's a bad run, usually around 40m in 15 minutes, so 160m/hour if you're really going hard, depending on spawns. If you get lucky with a really good drop that you apply to a module, 1b or more is possible in one site. (I got a rep power mutaplasmid for a x-large shield booster that buffed it by like 28%, got 950m in jita for instance)

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 26, 2018

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Hi everyone that remembers this old robot, I think I just rejoined for no good reason.

I will probably keep up enough energy to get through auth and services and setup and check out EVEMon/pyfa/jEVEAssets or whatever and catastrophically flame out again.

Colonel Rhombus is sitting in some Queef Company Warehouse in lowsec somewhere, I sent all my isk to someone to help new guys when I left. I honestly can't remember what my guys were training towards or can fly at this point. I feel like alts were working towards ratting Ishtar and maybe an Archon or JF or something.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rutibex posted:

We got close, there is a Keepstar only a few jumps away. But I think people got bored, or we are being merciful or something so the war is over.

I got to dunk on a rorq and some dreads in Dek at least :feelsgood:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

we probably won't take back deklein, they changed the game so that you want as many systems inside a single 6LY radius as possible and deklein is like the absolute worst for that poo poo

delve is unironically better, no matter how :mensch: it sounds for us to be all "DIDNT WANTREADY REPLACED" about deklein

your space trash can be retrieved by triggering asset safety, where it will teleport all your stuff to lowsec for 15% of its value

The 15% is an interesting number as its around the very (very) rough average value-add price increase at each stage in the supply chain.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Also the Other Side gave us most of our northern stations back (in the form of faction fortizars, to which they had converted).

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ynglaur posted:

Also the Other Side gave us most of our northern stations back (in the form of faction fortizars, to which they had converted).

Are they really the same stations? Kind of a "Ship of Theseus" thing going on here once you unanchor them.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Are they really the same stations? Kind of a "Ship of Theseus" thing going on here once you unanchor them.

For all intents and purposes, yes. Theseus aside.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Or, in my case, I just noticed my Moros in DO6H and two ships I had in VFK are being moved ~gratis~ to my old cache of "stuff" in Villasen. :krad:

I just have to wait ~18d for the free "slow boat" service. I'm convinced while that Moros lives, Goons in EVE will never die. It's been blessed with the spirit of Old Ironsides and been bathed in the blood of hundreds of BoB Deathstars.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 27, 2018

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Or, in my case, I just noticed my Moros in DO6H and two ships I had in VFK are being moved ~gratis~ to my old cache of "stuff" in Villasen. :krad:

I just have to wait ~18d for the free "slow boat" service. I'm convinced while that Moros lives, Goons in EVE will never die. It's been blessed with the spirit of Old Ironsides and been bathed in the blood of hundreds of BoB Deathstars.

Any day now the GOON SUPERS STILL TRAPPED IN DO6H will log in

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
What’s your eve name destruya?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I signed up again too and am sitting in a lowsec system that I think is kind of close to Delve.

Where am I supposed to go?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Risky Bisquick posted:

What’s your eve name destruya?

Kayl Breinhar. Haven't played in a while, and recently got purged, but I know I can come back whenever.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

NotWearingPants posted:

I signed up again too and am sitting in a lowsec system that I think is kind of close to Delve.

Where am I supposed to go?

1dq1-a

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
is there any benefit to rerolling on my account from when i was a cringy teenager in 2006 or should i just start totally fresh

my original character was an amarr guy that could fly battlecruisers so idk if it's useful enough to justify resuming

if not, what does goonfleet need the most right now?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There is no reason to make a fresh character. If you dont like what your Eve guy can do, you can suck skills out of your head and sell them while you train up something else. Reinject them at a bit of a loss, or just train new stuff and leave your other skills alone for when they later become good.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

who hosed/groomed/just creeped on a child now

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/twitter-creeped-drake-31-giving-183637381.html

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

CainFortea posted:

There is no reason to make a fresh character. If you dont like what your Eve guy can do, you can suck skills out of your head and sell them while you train up something else. Reinject them at a bit of a loss, or just train new stuff and leave your other skills alone for when they later become good.

what if i just really hate my old guys name :(

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Thanks. I flew out there tonight. An NPC or something shot me out of my shuttle at the gate in Q-HESZ on the way and I went the rest of the way in my pod. Which was probably dumb because IIRC I'll need to fly back to join GoonWaffe at a lowsec station when the invite comes through. But I didn't have anything else to do anyway.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rhopunzel posted:

Then at least suck out all the skills you can and use them on your new character or sell them or some combination of the two.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

CainFortea posted:

Then at least suck out all the skills you can and use them on your new character or sell them or some combination of the two.

ok, i've managed to log onto my old account but it had 3 characters so i have to wait 10 hours before i can delete mine

how do i go about sucking out my old guys skills and transferring it to the new one whenever i do that? also i have like 35m isk on it but i don't know if that's worth anything now or if it'd help with the new character

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

35m is peanuts, but to suck out skill goo you need skill extractors which you can buy with real money or eve money. They cost more than you have in eve money so if you go that route see if someone will toss you one. Right now Extractors are about 350m in jita. You can use them remotely so you only need a Jita alt to buy and sell on the market, if your other characters will skill points are elsewhere that's fine.

Once you extract your skills, you can sell them for about 700m isk in jita. They remove 500k skill points down to a minimum of 5m. So if you have 6m SP you can use two extractors.

So if you got the skill points, all you need is 350m to start and with selling one injector you can pay that person back and still buy another extractor to keep going.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 27, 2018

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

CainFortea posted:

35m is peanuts, but to suck out skill goo you need skill extractors which you can buy with real money or eve money. They cost more than you have in eve money so if you go that route see if someone will toss you one. Right now Extractors are about 350m in jita. You can use them remotely so you only need a Jita alt to buy and sell on the market, if your other characters will skill points are elsewhere that's fine.

Once you extract your skills, you can sell them for about 700m isk in jita. They remove 500k skill points down to a minimum of 5m. So if you have 6m SP you can use two extractors.

So if you got the skill points, all you need is 350m to start and with selling one injector you can pay that person back and still buy another extractor to keep going.

It says I have 8m skill points, so if I'm right I'd need two extractors? I'll see if anyone can toss me one once I get the goonfleet auth set up and my new character ready

thanks for the help :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

They remove 500k skill points down to a minimum of 5m. So if you have 6m SP you can use two extractors.

Rhopunzel posted:

It says I have 8m skill points, so if I'm right I'd need two extractors?

8m-5m=3m

3m/.5m=6

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

8m-5m=3m

3m/.5m=6

oh right, now I see how it works, thanks :)

I sent off an email like the OP said to but I wanted to make sure I did it right - I was originally registered on the goonfleet forums under an account in 2007 which isn't on the current site, but one I registered in 2013 to play MWO with goons is. Should I have done process B or process C? I assumed B because I'm applying with the EVE character I originally used in Goonfleet.

How long does it take to get a response?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

8m-5m=3m

3m/.5m=6

Did you extract everything out of deadtear with all the edgy capitalizations, or did you leave the character with some dignity?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

this but also employment history and training direction.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

don't delete old characters with existing skillpoints you goofs

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Im not deleting a single one of my modest 40m sp

or will I

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 7, 2019

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
unrelated to all this other poo poo we're headshotting an incursion in Delve :dance:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Micromancer posted:

unrelated to all this other poo poo we're headshotting an incursion in Delve :dance:

thanks for this

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

NotWearingPants posted:

Thanks. I flew out there tonight. An NPC or something shot me out of my shuttle at the gate in Q-HESZ on the way and I went the rest of the way in my pod. Which was probably dumb because IIRC I'll need to fly back to join GoonWaffe at a lowsec station when the invite comes through. But I didn't have anything else to do anyway.

If you havent played in a while and your pod has no valuable implants, don't bother flying. Wait until your application comes through. once you're in the corp, you can set your clone station remotely (We can still do that, can we?) to 1DQ1-A and then just self-destruct. It will be faster & safer.

If you can't do that, then I suggest you fly in with a Taxi Interceptor. Just buy an Ares or some other interceptor, fit it with hyperspacial velocity rig or whatever they're called, a few inertial stabilizers and as much tank as you can. Keep it's align time under 2s and it will be almost impossible to catch you.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

don't delete old characters with existing skillpoints you goofs

That's bad advice if you're dealing with stupid people (ie me). A friend once gave me a character of his and I sucked out all I could without paying attention to what i was sucking out and in which order.

It's now left with 5m skillpoint but can't fly anything or use pretty much anything. Probably worth deleting rather than trying to fix to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

5m skill points is still more than what you start with as a new character.