Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

What is the easiest, most braindead set up to keep tals stacks up? I'm fine if it caps out at GR70 but I don't want to play piano and I really want to keep disintegrate if I can

I play hardcore so I focus on a bit more toughness and survival stuff but this is a build that works decent for me.

Channeling Tal Rasha:

You need the Etched Sigil, Nilfir's Boots, and the Grand Vizor (cubed). The channeling shoulders are also good but not required. You're main damage source will be the meteors from the Etched Sigil proc. It also helps to have a Topaz in your helm for the RCR. Best weapon is Deathwish.

Skills are:
Ray of Frost w/ the 11 channel cost rune
Arcane Torrent: Static Discharge
Teleport: Calamity
Meteor: Meteor Shower
Storm Armor w/ the arcane cost reduction
Magic Weapon: either Force Weapon or Deflection

Passives are: Unstable Anomaly, Audacity, Illusionist, and Blur/Galvanizing Ward (my pick)/Elemental Exposure

Alternate between Ray of Frost and Arcane Torrent to keep your TR bonus up but mainly use the Ray of Frost to keep arcane costs low. Use teleport as needed and to proc Arcane. Only manually cast Meteor Shower to gain that TR stack. Once you have the Arcane and Fire TR stacks it just becomes a game of left click right click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fuzz posted:

I'm talking whatever gear set you get with the starter set this season. I don't really care about getting a setup to push GR5 million, I just wanna get a nice set that I can kit out and then stomp face with a little bit for fun until I put the game down again until next season, when I do it again. I'm guessing Vyr Archon requires a bunch of other rare drops and crap, aka the opposite of what I'm looking for. By Tal wiz I meant a wiz using the tal rasha set, since that's the free set this season.

Sorry, I'm not very hardcore. I dabble in Diabler while relaxing on my recliner.
Ah, sorry. You could start with EB. It's fun and good through t11 with starter gear. Once you get an in-geom it takes off.

Meteor doesn't need much gear and is supposed to be super fun. I haven't played it yet, but it's the build of the season.

Tal+vyr archon doesn't take that much gear or knowledge for t13 through gr 80 or so, but you can't start with it unless you luck into certain drops early on. The archon build is extremely fun and mobile, and all you really need to know for that point is CDR is great on gear + if you build a bunch of archon stacks you kill real fast. If you're playing with other people, it's much easier to switch to tal+vyr archon with worse gear because their trash mob kills will be feeding you huge damage boosts.

I'd start with EB or meteor, depending on what gear you find, and then once you have some of the archon stuff try it out because it's fun.

big cummers ONLY posted:

What is the easiest, most braindead set up to keep tals stacks up? I'm fine if it caps out at GR70 but I don't want to play piano and I really want to keep disintegrate if I can
You just need to use two elements to do it once the stacks are up. Teleport (Calamity) + any other elemental ability is a real natural way to do it while slamming through things.

Spergy fact, you can use 1 element to do it if you're near a portal between levels and using a potion refreshes the stack somewhat as well.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 26, 2018

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

Grand Vizier is the cube effect you want with a Meteor build, not Furnace. In case this wasn't obvious, even with Etched Sigil you'll have to actively cast the spells on your hotbar to maintain four stacks of Tal's.

Change Audacity to Power Hungry as you'll want to spend more time keeping people away from you with a channeling build. Zei's is a better choice than Bane of the Powerful for this reason.

I've not gotten a Grand Vizier yet, that's why the Furnace is cubed. And yeah I am trying to make sure I use the abilities in a proper order to trigger each element.
The build I found on icy veins has a Unity as 2nd ring, and I am not really sure what to replace that with for group play.
Gonna have to look into changing gems I guess.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

To be honest I don’t think there’s anything else you can do for that particular setup. Can’t do Endless Walk without RROG, can’t do RROG without losing one of Karini/CoE, can’t equip Tal’s orb without losing one of Vizier/Etched, at which point you might as well ask yourself why you’re even doing meteors. I suppose ORotZ has some situational use for the faster teleport but that’s all I can think of besides Unity or comedy option SoJ. I guess double Oculus or double Ess could also be entertaining.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 26, 2018

5er
Jun 1, 2000

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It feels like the Helltooth set is much, much better than I remember. I hit seventy this evening and it's been breezy.

With the other classes, I always felt I struggled a little bit to fill out with needed gear to get through ch4 with any other class, and just four haedrig's set pieces. Garg WD was coasting along for me without trouble doing T6 stuff the moment I got it.
As of right now, I'm having a unicorn triple-threat problem with seeing three somewhat important set items drop - mask of jeram, sacred harvester and uhkapian serpent. I did get a harvester to drop in the 40's, so i've been riding with it cubed, goodness knows the stacked defense has helped. I also scored a tall man's finger, but that's a stopgap. Better than nothing.

exquisite tea posted:

One bad guy: Charge!
Lots of bad guys: Charge! Charge!
Exactly two bad guys: Whoa dude, you're hosed.

I loved raek's, last season, but the very moment I unintentionally completed an optimal wastes/ww set, there was no looking back.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

To be honest I don’t think there’s anything else you can do for that particular setup. Can’t do Endless Walk without RROG, can’t do RROG without losing one of Karini/CoE, can’t equip Tal’s orb without losing one of Vizier/Etched, at which point you might as well ask yourself why you’re even doing meteors. I suppose ORotZ has some situational use for the faster teleport but that’s all I can think of besides Unity or comedy option SoJ. I guess double Oculus or double Ess could also be entertaining.

I've been thinking about going RoRG but can't figure out which piece to replace, maybe the necklace for a hellfire one.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The cat mojo is even better as a defensive option than uhkapian serpent, although that’s what I have on my current doc because I haven’t found a decent ancient drop yet.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

5er posted:

I loved raek's, last season, but the very moment I unintentionally completed an optimal wastes/ww set, there was no looking back.

I like the WW spin to win play style but with Wastes I don't feel like it's strong enough for T13. Granted I only have one ancient weapon of the two. Too squishy, constant casting of ignore pain, and not enough damage.

Tried IK HOTA last night, it's more powerful damage wise but not a big fan of the play style. Just feels so slow in comparison. Gonna try 6/4 IK/Raekor's next and then one of the earthquake variants at some point. Still trying to find that barb niche for me.

2 primals this season: IK BB and Furnace. I think only the crusader uses the furnace but I don't think I'm up for making another class this season. :effort:

E: Oooh, I still need to do the thrill! I'll find some use for it.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 26, 2018

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Have cursed chest events always been a little wonky? A few of them here and there don't open/complete, specifically the 'kill all the enemies'/'champion elites' before the timer runs out. Especially if they're killed very quickly.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I bought this game but quit before Season 1 even started, never getting past Act III. If I'm interested in trying it again, should I beat the game first or dive right into Season 15?

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

CobiWann posted:

I bought this game but quit before Season 1 even started, never getting past Act III. If I'm interested in trying it again, should I beat the game first or dive right into Season 15?
Just start a Seasonal. You can do the story/campaign mode so there's no reason not to go there and then shift into the bounties/rifts "adventure" mode when you're comfortable.

edit: vvvvv

Dr Strangepants posted:

The game has improved a lot since then, so I hope you enjoy it.

this too. It's just light years better.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 26, 2018

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

CobiWann posted:

Dive right into Season 15 for sure. You can make a season char and do the regular play-through with it, if you want. The game has improved a lot since then, so I hope you enjoy it. If you want some speed leveling, I'm Strangepants#1244

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Dive right into season 15. You should probably beat the story at least once. But it is terrible and you shouldn't make it the first thing you do. And the real fun of the game is in Adventure Mode which is what you spend your time in a season doing.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Play seasonal if you want to play with other people. Otherwise much fewer will be NS.

I'd beat the game so you now the places/mechanics and stuff (optional really, but not the worst idea to do exactly once), then just do the endgame adventure mode from there. The story is bad and forgettable, but that's not why people play this game.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Ok...so make a Seasonal Hero, beat Act V with them, and then that'll unlock Adventure Mode/Rifts?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I believe you have to beat it to unlock adventure mode, yes. Maybe that's changed for seasonal play? Make a seasonal character then try to make a game and see what the options are.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Seasonal has adventure mode unlocked at level 1

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

tetsuo posted:

Have cursed chest events always been a little wonky? A few of them here and there don't open/complete, specifically the 'kill all the enemies'/'champion elites' before the timer runs out. Especially if they're killed very quickly.

I've had that happen more to me this season than in prior seasons, or at least it feels that way. Generally seems to fix itself if I teleport back to the beginning of a level and then run back to the chest.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
A seasonal character has adventure mode unlocked right away. However, if you've never beaten the campaign on any character on your account at least once you'll need to do that to play on adventure mode in non-seasonal.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dameius posted:

A seasonal character has adventure mode unlocked right away. However, if you've never beaten the campaign on any character on your account at least once you'll need to do that to play on adventure mode in non-seasonal.

This this this.

There's a misconception that a brand new player can make a Seasonal Man and dive into adventure. You cannot; gotta beat the campaign once per account first.

But if you don't want to do it, you can join anyone's Normal, Hard, or Expert lobby directly on the final boss of Act V and it'll be over in under 1 minute.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Played some Firebats this morning and it was really fun, took me back to ye olden vanilla days of the Skorn doc. The icy veins build recommends going Sacred Harvester with Lakumba for your bracers but I was doing some mega damage with Wormwood + Staff of Chiroptera and the arachyr bracers, with the additional benefit of getting Pirhanado back onto my hotbars. The multipliers once everything is spun up and running are insane.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This this this.

There's a misconception that a brand new player can make a Seasonal Man and dive into adventure. You cannot; gotta beat the campaign once per account first.

But if you don't want to do it, you can join anyone's Normal, Hard, or Expert lobby directly on the final boss of Act V and it'll be over in under 1 minute.
No, I'm pretty sure Dameius is right and seasonal characters work differently from non-seasonal: a seasonal character can go directly into Adventure Mode (because seasonal has a different set of account flags from non-seasonal and they don't want to make people clear the campaign every season).

A non-seasonal character cannot: you have to beat Malthael once per account first. This even applies if you have a fully-geared seasonal character that got converted.

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You can. I was playing adventure mode for 2 or 3 seasons before I unlocked it on my non-season

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I'm trying seasonal because I have a Strafe build for speedfarming and I have been told that Whirlwind barb is basically that but better.

I feel like the Seasonal experience would be vastly improved if you got all six pieces of your set when you hit Level 70 with the Seasonal Journey quests gave you Ancient bags.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I bought Diablo the season 10 started, and my seasonal character had adventure mode locked

About a dozen of us decided to play hardcore for season 13, and every single one of us had to beat the campaign on Hardcore before we could do hardcore Adventure Mode

Perhaps Seasons other than 10 and 13 have Works differently! But I can confirm that's how it was for those two, anyway, including separate silos for normal and hardcore

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I'm really enjoying playing a channelling Tal meteor build this season, it's nice to have no cooldowns to wait on, you're just always going.

Normally I skip straight to Tal/Vyr archon build but I think I'll just stick with this until I get bored.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Finally hit 100% Vengeance uptime on my DH tonight. Forgot how satisfying it is to run around in demon mode permanently and just constantly clear the screen in seconds with Multishot spam :allears:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Got my hardcore barbarian to 70 and have done up to Torment 3 rifts.

I’m getting scared :ohdear:

Are there any guidelines for when to move up or do you just have to get a feel for it?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Question: Is the iZombie pet still in the game, or am I wasting my time trying to get it in my quest to collect all of the collectables?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Is that the one you get from the rare spawn in Fields of Misery or whatever? As of s9-s10 yes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, that's the one. Guess I'll keep trying. Thanks!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

So I got this last night as a random drop:

But then I got another weapon shortly after with a higher damage rating.

It seems though equipping this is the better option? It absolutely destroys everything super quickly and is ridiculous?

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I played DH last season, and I really liked how the set you got for the season journey felt pretty powerful right off the bat, and that I got a little more powerful when I found the correct legendaries. I've played earlier seasons where it has felt like there was a specific legendary that was absolutely necessary for a spec to work, and that way you're stuck on a lower torment until you're lucky enough to find it.

How are the current starter sets this season?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sjonkel posted:

I played DH last season, and I really liked how the set you got for the season journey felt pretty powerful right off the bat, and that I got a little more powerful when I found the correct legendaries. I've played earlier seasons where it has felt like there was a specific legendary that was absolutely necessary for a spec to work, and that way you're stuck on a lower torment until you're lucky enough to find it.

I just completed the Barb set and it's pretty awesome. I'm playing HC so I'm being overly cautious, but I just did GR24 last night and it was still easy.

When you get the final set piece and whirlwind damage goes up 3000% it's pretty :stonk:

I'm probably going to hang out around this level for a bit and farm. I want to get the Bul-Katho's set next. 45% attack and movement speed for whirlwind would turn me into a farming machine.

Actually, does anyone have tips on effectively farming that set? What are my best odds? Bloodshards?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sjonkel posted:

Tal'Rasha and Helltooth are the most legendary-agnostic starter sets from this season's selection, effective with basically anything. Unhallowed is good too but you really need that Yang's to take off.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You probably want to melt that Johanna’s into the cube.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

I just completed the Barb set and it's pretty awesome. I'm playing HC so I'm being overly cautious, but I just did GR24 last night and it was still easy.

When you get the final set piece and whirlwind damage goes up 3000% it's pretty :stonk:

I'm probably going to hang out around this level for a bit and farm. I want to get the Bul-Katho's set next. 45% attack and movement speed for whirlwind would turn me into a farming machine.

Actually, does anyone have tips on effectively farming that set? What are my best odds? Bloodshards?

Weapons always just upgrade rares with the cube.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Iirc bul Kathos offhand can take awhile as it’s rare.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Suburban Dad posted:

Weapons always just upgrade rares with the cube.

Got it thanks

euphronius posted:

yeah I assumed this will be terrible.

I’m just gonna farm mats and keep trying this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

euphronius posted:

I think it’s all equal now except for a few rings / amulets. Just getting one won’t take long as there are t that many mighty weapons but it may take a while to get a great one