Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Meatbag Esq. posted:

gently caress I just realized I /almost/ won an award named after avanetti in law school. A good friend won it instead. =(

Is it the "most wins in the court of public opinion"-award?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Meatbag Esq. posted:

gently caress I just realized I /almost/ won an award named after avanetti in law school. A good friend won it instead. =(

Congrats to your friend for landing the Michael J. Avenatti Award for Excellence in Pre-Trial and Trial Advocacy

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Vox Nihili posted:

Congrats to your friend for landing the Michael J. Avenatti Award for Excellence in Pre-Trial and Trial Advocacy

Right? It's literally the person in the graduating class with the highest grades in those two classes. I even convinced them to take pre-trial ad.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Doing a deep dive on the anonymous confessions thread because OC pussed out and withdrew their 91a motion for today, and

loquacius posted:

quote:

June 29th is gonna be the greatest day of my life - it's the start of Anthrocon 2017. That's the biggest furry convention, and it's also the first time I'll be in public in my fursona.

I grew up with these forums and mocking furries was, to middle school me, completely hilarious. I assumed every furry was a weird sexual deviant. Looking back, it was the fear of the unknown.

As I grew up I started struggling with depression and feeling like I wasn't comfortable in my own life. I went to a therapist, starting taking anti-depressants. I tried partying, dating girls and guys, chasing every hobby I could.... none of it made me feel truly happy. Then I met a furry. I won't out him, but he shared his secret life with me and told me all about the furry lifestyle.

For about a year now, I've been discovering myself and my fursona. To the outside world I'm still a 30 year old lawyer and sports fan. But in reality, I am Starblitz; a star pattern speckled rabbit who loves astronomy and cuddles.

I'm really excited to go to Anthrocon. I saw another goon post a confession about going, and I'd love to meet him. So if you're reading, keep your eyes open for Starblitz, I'm kind of hard to miss. I'm the 6 foot tall rabbit with a silver cape and a magic wand.

And to any other goons who feel lost or sad, you may be a furry too. Put away your fears and look into it, you might be pleasantly surprised like I was.

Now lets play, "Which one of you fuckers is this lol"

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

Doing a deep dive on the anonymous confessions thread because OC pussed out and withdrew their 91a motion for today, and

[/quote]

lmao

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

blarzgh posted:

[/quote]

I have to battle my depression by any means necessary, don’t you dare loving judge me.

Sly “Do you have a little frog in you?” Frog

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 27, 2018

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Its SV, it absolutely has to be SV

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

blarzgh posted:

Nice try, "Starblitz".

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

blarzgh posted:

quote:

Totally not the only one of us to know this post was made in the first place.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
And sorry, furries are still hosed up.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

ActusRhesus posted:

And sorry, furries are still hosed up.

How can you say that right in front of blarzgh

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
I'm actually happy we don't really have the whole furry thing here. At least I hope we don't. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite for drawing the line there, I dunno.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

blarzgh posted:

It's blarzgh, who is looking for the chance to share without judgement. It's OK, bla- I mean Starblitz.

We accept you.

e:f;b

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Nice piece of fish posted:

I'm actually happy we don't really have the whole furry thing here. At least I hope we don't. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite for drawing the line there, I dunno.

Oh you do. They’re an international movement. Like Ebola.

Most hosed up thing I’ve ever seen (Ok. Maybe not most. But up there). Livejournal community “furry daycare.” Text RP combining furries and age play/diaper fetishists. The horror.

The horror.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Discendo Vox posted:

It's blarzgh, who is looking for the chance to share without judgement. It's OK, bla- I mean Starblitz.

We accept you.

e:f;b

Lol

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
StarBlarzgh

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

blarzgh posted:

StarBlarzgh

FYIAD.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I had to google that. You, apparently, did not.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

If you have internet access then you certainly have furries. Sorry, friend.

E: In fact, you may protest a bit too much... Per Google: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/CabinCon

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 27, 2018

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Turn on your TVs, a preppy bro is shook.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

yronic heroism posted:

https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/1045392323901706240

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

yronic heroism posted:

Don't own one. :smug:

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Vox Nihili posted:

If you have internet access then you certainly have furries. Sorry, friend.

E: In fact, you may protest a bit too much... Per Google: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/CabinCon

Oh god we're infected too :barf:

oh wait, it's Vinstra. Never mind, that's like the dark side of the moon type isolated, it's fine then.

God drat you for making me click that link by the way.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Cryin’ over calendars.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I feel like the Georgetown prep basketball team probs wasn’t v good.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Oh god we're infected too :barf:

oh wait, it's Vinstra. Never mind, that's like the dark side of the moon type isolated, it's fine then.

God drat you for making me click that link by the way.

Man, everything about Norway is so quaint: "Vinstra was given the status of town on 1 September 2013, an event that was celebrated for 3 days."

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gotta love this Kavanaugh line: "My family and my name have been totally and permanently destroyed by vicious and false additional accusations"

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vox Nihili posted:

Don't own one. :smug:

You should look into it. Most .1 percenters find them invaluable.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

This is totally shameful.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Serious post: you can’t put someone this outwardly partisan on the court. This is absurd.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Serious post: you can’t put someone this outwardly partisan on the court. This is absurd.

He basically threatened the entire country with the full force of his wrath once he's seated, ESPECIALLY DEMOCRATS, for decades to come

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

joat mon posted:

You should look into it. Most .1 percenters find them invaluable.

If I find myself making the $1m/yr that would qualify me as a 0.1%er I will make sure to buy several.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

He basically threatened the entire country with the full force of his wrath once he's seated, ESPECIALLY DEMOCRATS, for decades to come

What the gently caress??? Quote?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

What the gently caress??? Quote?

It was an extended rant about how the country will suffer for decades because of what the democrats have done to him, that he will never stop fighting, that by smearing him "the democrats have sowed the wind, and the country will reap the whirlwind for decades"

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

This is one epic self-immolation.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Sounds like he read 2018 pretty well.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

yronic heroism posted:

I feel like the Georgetown prep basketball team probs wasn’t v good.

they were probably playing against a bunch of other rich white assholes so they probably did fine.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Vox Nihili posted:

Man, everything about Norway is so quaint: "Vinstra was given the status of town on 1 September 2013, an event that was celebrated for 3 days."

Quaint and rural, that's all it is and ever will be. Also, lol town Vinstra is a town in the same way chess is a "sport", you just know it loving isn't.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

It was an extended rant about how the country will suffer for decades because of what the democrats have done to him, that he will never stop fighting, that by smearing him "the democrats have sowed the wind, and the country will reap the whirlwind for decades"

Look Sir Droids posted:

This is one epic self-immolation.

How in the hell is this guy this bad. It's pathetic. What the gently caress is this?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Quaint and rural, that's all it is and ever will be. Also, lol town Vinstra is a town in the same way chess is a "sport", you just know it loving isn't.

How in the hell is this guy this bad. It's pathetic. What the gently caress is this?

He was appointed by the one and only Donald J Trump, who is our President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Oh man, he’s doing the Trump Debate Sniff.

“Welcome to the Republican Party, sweetheart.”