Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

loquacius posted:

Followup from the Twisted Personality Test anon:
Some of the word choice is making me thinking John Smith or possibly Pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am the Darkness
I work in IT and

I could kick so much rear end

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Your dad is doing the right thing and your mom is insane

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Hauki posted:

apparently your dad is a psycopath but i guess you already knew that

Pretty much anyone who ever worked on a farm, then.

Nature is pretty cruel. You lose that knowledge when you're inside a city.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
*reads about a couple that leaves food out for stray cats and then shoots them when they learn to hang around for free food*

"You city slickers just dont understand the circle of life"

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
We are starting a cat ranch in Lacon with 100,000 cats
Each cat will average 12 kittens a year
The cat skins will sell for 30 cents each
One hundred men can skin 5,000 cats a day

We figure a daily net profit of over $10,000. ($10,000?)
Now what shall we feed the cats?
We will start a rat farm next door with 1,000,000 rats
The rats breed 12 times faster than the cats
So we will have four rats to feed each day to each cat

Now what shall we feed the rats?
We will feed the rats
The carcasses of the cats
After they have been skinned

Now Get This!
We feed the rats to the cats
And the cats to the rats
And get the cat skins for nothing!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

thoughts and prayers posted:

yeah, nature, your father gleefully stomping through the meadow after he has killed his 24th friendly cat

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
uhhhh wtf happened here

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A Strange Aeon posted:

We are starting a cat ranch in Lacon with 100,000 cats
Each cat will average 12 kittens a year
The cat skins will sell for 30 cents each
One hundred men can skin 5,000 cats a day

We figure a daily net profit of over $10,000. ($10,000?)
Now what shall we feed the cats?
We will start a rat farm next door with 1,000,000 rats
The rats breed 12 times faster than the cats
So we will have four rats to feed each day to each cat

Now what shall we feed the rats?
We will feed the rats
The carcasses of the cats
After they have been skinned

Now Get This!
We feed the rats to the cats
And the cats to the rats
And get the cat skins for nothing!

I don't think this is sustainable just like thermodynamically speaking

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I like cats and dogs ask me anything

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ah yes, your father, ‘nature,’ was cruel I suppose

I grew up on a farm but I can’t seem to recall the bit where we strolled the land mowing down cats with firearms, seems to me we let them hang out and eat mice

did he just leave the rotting bodies scattered around for your mother to trip over so she could be reminded of the true circle of life wherein her husband inexplicably and eventually executes any small animal unlucky enough to cross his path?

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

how is your dad and his gun "nature"

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I grew up on a farm as well I never had this happen either. Now if you saw raccoons, opossums, or coyotes then you mowed those fuckers down, but never cats.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grew up on a farm, can confirm.

Things vary, but there's a reason for the old thing of unwanted kittens/puppies being put in a sack and thrown into the river with a brick and so on.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Maybe the old ways should die with the rest of the boomers

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's not so much the vermin shooting people are objecting to but the combination of specifically teaching the cats to get easy and free food at your safe haven and letting them breed so you can reenact the movie Commando except all the bad guys are literal kittens

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Paging user, Bushman, to get a solid opinion on shooting animals on a farm.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Why don't you just teach the cats about safe sex and contraception??

Oh right, the parents are rednecks

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Why don't you just teach the cats about safe sex and contraception??

Oh right, the parents are rednecks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOlq-0Il6OY

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

This isn't a rural or natural thing, to entice cats to come to your house with food and to breed until you feel like killing them for sport. Also, it's probably cheaper to fix them than to keep feeding 30 loving cats. There's also whole organizations catch, fix, and release feral cats. Just get some cat traps like sane people do lmao.

Also, edgelordgoon, this is what happens when you're actually a sociopath. You don't get some high paying job because you're ruthless or something. You do weird hosed upshit like murder your wife's cats every time she goes on vacation because you're incapable of just talking about it because you're socially stunted.

Sorry you had to learn your dad is sociopath on a dead gay forum catmurderdad goon(s?).

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Hauki posted:

ah yes, your father, ‘nature,’ was cruel I suppose

Odd posted:

how is your dad and his gun "nature"

I am cat killer parents OP not the guy you are replying to.

I am not going to try to defend his actions. As people have pointed out the hosed up part is feeding them then shooting them. On the other hand, he has lived out in the country in remote Texas his whole life and just has a different worldview (not saying it is a correct or good worldview). The cats are not friendly and are wild so in his eyes it is no different then shooting something like a coyote. The other option is they either starve or die a painful death by coyote/fox, or they go to the only shelter within 60 miles that also is a kill shelter.

Like I said, not saying it is right but as others have pointed out people who grow up on a farm in the middle of nowhere have a different view on the killing of "wild" animals. Yeah my mom feeds them, but my dad doesn't see that as his fault because he doesn't want her to. It's a hosed up situation, I agree, but also I just don't really care that much?

Edit: As for sociopath/psychopath chat. My dad was a great father and is a great person when it comes to most things, but he also grew up in a shack with dirt floors and no glass in the windows with a dad who was an alcoholic and beat/molested him constantly. Then when he turned 18 and finally got free he immediately got drafted and sent to Vietnam where a bunch of really hosed poo poo happened so yeah he absolutely has some sociopathic things about him. Again, not an excuse just giving you guys some context that there is a lot more behind his disagreeable poo poo.

D-Pad fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 27, 2018

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Anonymous Confessions: Please consult trusted physicians before talking about cats for the next 4 pages

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Maybe you should cut your dad's dick off

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It's the cats who need their dicks and vaginas cut off imo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

sneakyfrog posted:

Maybe you should cut your dad's dick off

Then throw it into the ocean and you might get a hot slutty lady show up later on.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

sneakyfrog posted:

Maybe the old ways should die with the rest of the boomers

you think boomers lived that way

hilarious

talk to an 80+ about having to chase down, kill, gut, and clean their dinner by hand

it is weird that the dude never does finish the job, but that's probably because the cats that are left see what's going on and the farm is big

he might be able to poison them, but without killing the other animals that are a) useful and b) don't breed like loving crazy?

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Araenna posted:

This isn't a rural or natural thing, to entice cats to come to your house with food and to breed until you feel like killing them for sport. Also, it's probably cheaper to fix them than to keep feeding 30 loving cats. There's also whole organizations catch, fix, and release feral cats. Just get some cat traps like sane people do lmao.

Also, edgelordgoon, this is what happens when you're actually a sociopath. You don't get some high paying job because you're ruthless or something. You do weird hosed upshit like murder your wife's cats every time she goes on vacation because you're incapable of just talking about it because you're socially stunted.

Sorry you had to learn your dad is sociopath on a dead gay forum catmurderdad goon(s?).

lots of assumptions there, friendgoon

'for sport' - nah, my money is on him feeling a sense of grim responsibility and annoyance at his in-denial wife who keeps this going

'socially stunted' - now you're on to something, the ones before boomers were the 'silent generation', and that stuff lingers on

'your dad is sociopath' - my dad never shot cats, I just know things beyond dead gay Internet forums, you should try it

and actually killing animals and dealing with all the entrails, blood, guts, fur, smells, and noises
rather than buying geometric slabs of brightly-dyed plastic-wrapped play-doh to the dulcet sounds of easy listening music
may give someone a different perception of life and death

thoughts and prayers fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 27, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:shrug: nah I just have a :killing: fetish is all.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

yeah, nature, your father gleefully stomping through the meadow after he has killed his 24th friendly cat

pigs are friendlier

and they're also delicious

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah the reason why I think senseless cat murder is bad is because I buy food at the super market. That is a very rational and mentally sound way of looking at things.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Danaru posted:

Yeah the reason why I think senseless cat murder is bad is because I buy food at the super market. That is a very rational and mentally sound way of looking at things.

Y'all like to eat cat burgers but hate to see them get made, smdh. Fuckin' city slickers.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

lots of assumptions there, friendgoon

'for sport' - nah, my money is on him feeling a sense of grim responsibility and annoyance at his in-denial wife who keeps this going

'socially stunted' - now you're on to something, the ones before boomers were the 'silent generation', and that stuff lingers on

'your dad is sociopath' - my dad never shot cats, I just know things beyond dead gay Internet forums, you should try it

and actually killing animals and dealing with all the entrails, blood, guts, fur, smells, and noises
rather than buying geometric slabs of brightly-dyed plastic-wrapped play-doh to the dulcet sounds of easy listening music
may give someone a different perception of life and death

Sorry, apparently you are the sociopath. My bad. Apologies to your dad.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I think we should just be lucky that cats don't have hands. Those assholes would be our masters.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Nocheez posted:

I think we should just be lucky that cats don't have hands. Those assholes would be our masters.

Didn't even need hands to become the gods of the first great human civilization

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
By shooting only the cats he can find he's breeding a race of unfriendly, well-camouflaged cats who will be more able to strike without warning

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I stole several stories from E/N and posted them to /r/relationships under throwaways.

Most were locked/deleted due to overwhelmingly negative replies. Several were alleged to be trolls, they engendered such disdain. I'd hoped they may filter back to SA into the /r/relationships thread but apparently goons are so terrible at life that stories of their woe are immediately deleted due to rampant insults or the appearance they are works of fiction, so slovenly is the goon.

This is actually super ironic given that SA frequently discusses r/relationships posts and comes to the same conclusions

I wonder how many r/r posts posted to GBS are actually E/N posts

quote:

I'm 25 years old and a virgin. I've never had sex, kissed, held hands, gone on a date or spoken to a girl in anything resembling a romantic context. I never tried to. I would have gone with it if one had ever approached me, but I'm not good-looking at all so that didn't happen(and I'm not good at picking up on subtle things so unless they came right out and said it I never even knew). I never approached any, myself, so I can't actually say I've ever been rejected. I just never even tried. And now I'm at a point in my life where I feel like I probably just shouldn't bother. I mean I'm actual years behind the curve at this point, I'd just be wasting people's time.

25 is still super young dude, you've got your whole life ahead of you

I'm not gonna come right out and tell you to hit the bars or get Tinder or whatever, that'd be stupid to try right out of the gate, but just get a hobby that involves talking to people, and (said with no judgment as per usual) see a therapist to discuss your self-esteem issues. Eventually you probably should try an Internet dating service, because that will remove a lot of the ambiguity from the process, but I'm of the opinion that you need to work on your self-confidence first.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Atlantis?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

SciFiDownBeat posted:

The Finnish Hyperempire never worshipped cats. :confused:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Virgin goon sounds like he needs a motherfuckin cat

e: not to gently caress if that wasn't clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Lol no sane human goes around shooting cats with a gun for any reason. They especially don't keep doing it after the first time.

If you go on a cat killing rampage and that didn't destroy your soul enough not to do it again then I'm sorry about the mental illness.