Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Hey man, if you're only thinking about bailing on the game, we can move you down into the casual guild and you can chill there in a more relaxed environment where folks are not constantly pressuring you for participation or performance.

If you're one foot out the door already we should make that change now and get someone from the QGJ wait list into SM to start earning traya shards.

Yeah. I haven't got on in days. I'm going to kick myself now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Yeah. I haven't got on in days. I'm going to kick myself now

Peace man, if you get the account pushed to a dummy address, let us know.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Peace man, if you get the account pushed to a dummy address, let us know.

I'm gonna wait till TW is over. I don't know if leaving will mess it up.

Would anyone want to take over the account if I get it transferred?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My love of Bossk has most of my bounty hunters at 6+, hell yeah chewie

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

How smart is the auto-assigned mods thing anyway, I only briefly looked at that feature when it was first released.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I assume many of us have the old school bounty hunters at 7* and very few of us have any of the new ones at 7*

What is the in general best team of the old bounty hunters, so that we dont need to gear up 6 dudes for the Chewie event?

(By old school BHs i mean Boba,Greedy, IG88,Dengar, Cad, Zam)

Also, they say that this event is very difficult, which implies to me that you want higher gear levels than for the other legendary events. Did they say the same about the previous legendary events when they were first introduced or do we have to gear up a BH team to G11 or so?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I'm gonna wait till TW is over. I don't know if leaving will mess it up.

Would anyone want to take over the account if I get it transferred?

Post the swgohgg link and say what device they'd be forced to use it on, since you can't unlink your original device/account from it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

I assume many of us have the old school bounty hunters at 7* and very few of us have any of the new ones at 7*

What is the in general best team of the old bounty hunters, so that we dont need to gear up 6 dudes for the Chewie event?

(By old school BHs i mean Boba,Greedy, IG88,Dengar, Cad, Zam)

Also, they say that this event is very difficult, which implies to me that you want higher gear levels than for the other legendary events. Did they say the same about the previous legendary events when they were first introduced or do we have to gear up a BH team to G11 or so?

Boba, Greedo, Zam, Cad, IG-88(because he's an easy gear and Dengar is not).

Greedo is a lovely gear too, but he's got good uses elsewhere. Cad is probably the best of the 5 since he's got a great ship.

Yeah you're prolly gonna need G11's and a zeta or two.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

For what it's worth, Jango Fett is the easiest character to gear to gear 8 I've seen in a looooong time. I had most of the needed gear already, except a few easy to farm 6 energy pieces. Gear 9 will be easy too, just not worth my energy right now.

But it's not worth much, since he'll be 3 stars for the next 6 months.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
There may be more sophisticated ways to divvy them up, but working off the "detonators are good now" angle, Boba (l), Zam, Greedo, Dengar, Cad maximizes that approach

By default then, the other crew is Jango (l), Bossk, Aurra, Embo, IG-88

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I love bounty hunters and so I spent a lot of my early days grinding the poo poo out them, in fact I still do this despite knowing I should be spending energy on more useful toons (I need me a 7* Bossk).

For BH I run Boba (leader), Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam all at 7* and it works pretty well. I have Bossk at 5* level 85 right now though and he is pretty powerful so I'll probably start mixing him in.

Dengar used to be terrible, doing absolutely no damage and being the shittiest tank as he would conceal a lot. But they seem to have reworked him slightly and his mini-thermal detonators actually do damage now.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
If you normally play with sound effects off, turn them on and go do the Jango event because :laffo:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CaptainPsyko posted:

If you normally play with sound effects off, turn them on and go do the Jango event because :laffo:

Is there a specific node for this, or will any do?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Hockles posted:

Is there a specific node for this, or will any do?

Any. Just use Jango’s basic.

Remember we got a whole patch last night, just to add this sound effect.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Boba, Greedo, Zam, Cad, IG-88(because he's an easy gear and Dengar is not).

Greedo is a lovely gear too, but he's got good uses elsewhere. Cad is probably the best of the 5 since he's got a great ship.

Yeah you're prolly gonna need G11's and a zeta or two.

Thanks!

I hope you are wrong about the GL requirements!
I am willing to sink zetas into them to ensure getting a chewie, will be interesting to see how this event plays out. Did they announce the requirements for CLS in the same fashion, allowing people plenty of time to prepare for him? I can't find an ETA on the chewie event so i assume its a little while until it launches.

Now i am really torn on whether or not to focus all my energy usage to grind gear or if i should continue to do 24 attempts at Bastillas node every day.
What do you people that farm multiple hard nodes do for gear farming? Is farming gear from energy nodes the "wrong" way? (There aren't really any alternatives)

Special A
Nov 6, 2004

TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW!

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!

I am willing to sink zetas into them to ensure getting a chewie, will be interesting to see how this event plays out. Did they announce the requirements for CLS in the same fashion, allowing people plenty of time to prepare for him? I can't find an ETA on the chewie event so i assume its a little while until it launches.

They've previously said that they announce legendary events 1 week before they launch, so expect Chewie next Wednesday or Thursday.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!

Now i am really torn on whether or not to focus all my energy usage to grind gear or if i should continue to do 24 attempts at Bastillas node every day.
What do you people that farm multiple hard nodes do for gear farming? Is farming gear from energy nodes the "wrong" way? (There aren't really any alternatives)

There was not much time at all to prepare for CLS, as I remember people scrambling to get Old Ben up to snuff. (This was before an Old Ben rework, when he was a decent but not great tank, so a lot of people hadn't bothered.) Most people got CLS the second time it came around.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://youtu.be/4jL9JyynHWs

This is actually really good. I hadn’t done the math before on just how much cheaper it is to buy a whole bunch of lotto tickets on green mods, but it absolutely means you get a lot of chances at going to +13-15 and from there, slicing from blue to gold is basically gravy.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Thank you, CG, for this animation.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 22, 2018

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Maybe a PSA:

Tier 6 mods can only be equipped on G12 characters. If you plan to put your best mods on your G10-G11 BHs for the Chewie event, make sure you have enough tier 5 mods for that purpose.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Ineptitude posted:

Maybe a PSA:

Tier 6 mods can only be equipped on G12 characters. If you plan to put your best mods on your G10-G11 BHs for the Chewie event, make sure you have enough tier 5 mods for that purpose.

How many tier 6 mods do you have Daddy Warbucks? :stare:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

I've got 5, all on thrawn.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
You gotta get all your BH to 12 then :cmon:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

None at all

Just figured id mention it in case someone were going to rely on these to speed up their BHs.
I am still getting all my bought-as-low-rarity mods up to gold.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Ineptitude posted:

None at all

Just figured id mention it in case someone were going to rely on these to speed up their BHs.
I am still getting all my bought-as-low-rarity mods up to gold.

You should totally have said you had a bunch. I was about to kick FishyB and add you to SM.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I have a single 6 dot mod just to finish off that quest

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Argh i didnt know that about the 6 dot mods, i've been systematically upgrading 1 to 6* every other day and so now like my top 11 mods are 6* ahhhh!!!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

You should totally have said you had a bunch. I was about to kick FishyB and add you to SM.

I totally do, i just don't want to admit being a Kraken

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ineptitude posted:

I totally do, i just don't want to admit being a Kraken

I can't tell anymore

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well this Chewbacca event is really hard. I have 7* fully modded bounty hunters and I still can't get past tier 5. The rebels just have so much drat speed.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Yeah, I'm really not a fan of these events where the AI team starts with 100% turn meter, since it turns into a restart-fest until you get an opening salvo that you can survive.

Apparently it's possible to do without Bossk or any Zetas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9jd0ve/how_to_beat_7_chewie_with_og_bhs_and_g11_and_a/

Even with my arena mods on my BH and a zeta G12 Bossk lead, I still couldn't beat it after 5 or 6 tries :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
zBossk/Boba/IG88/Cad/Dengar seem to be the squad folks are coalescing around right now.

You can do it with the OG BH's if they're all G11.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Holy gently caress, this challenge is hard at even tier V. No way I’m pulling this off. They can kill my G12 Boba in mere moments.

And why do they make you watch the dumb video every attempt at tier V?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I only have Cad at like 3* right now so I'm boned. Currently running a 7* team with Boba (lead) G12, IG-88, Dengar, Greedo and Zam and it's not getting me anywhere at tier 5. Even my 7* G12 Boba melts during the first couple rounds, I can't imagine what tier 7 looks like.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

On the other hand, finally got Vet Bros to 7 stars. So I'm riding pretty high.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I noticed a promo in Target yesterday where if you buy a $50 Play gift card you get 3000 crystals and a 7* Scavenger Rey in GoH. Lesser rewards for $25 and $10 cards.

Forgot to snap a pic but I'm sure there are details on deal sites.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Syrinxx posted:

I noticed a promo in Target yesterday where if you buy a $50 Play gift card you get 3000 crystals and a 7* Scavenger Rey in GoH. Lesser rewards for $25 and $10 cards.

Forgot to snap a pic but I'm sure there are details on deal sites.

They ran this way back in the winter last year, around December. I wonder if it'd be worth buying one to see if they'd still honour it (providing there's no until date on the fine print of the card). Those rewards are really good considering you don't need to spend a dime of the gift card on the game -- I bought two of those when it was up.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

thrawn527 posted:

And why do they make you watch the dumb video every attempt at tier V?

yeah it was real dumb when the intro movie showed up again right when it got difficult. I managed to unlock chewie on my second attempt, but Im not even trying anything after that. next time it shows up Ill be ready though

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was trying to watch some vids about GoH last night on youtube and holy poo poo all the guys making videos are super annoying and spend 20 minutes saying things that could take 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

I was trying to watch some vids about GoH last night on youtube and holy poo poo all the guys making videos are super annoying and spend 20 minutes saying things that could take 5.

"Whaaaat's up, everyone!" - the beginning of literally every one of these videos.