Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dick Bastardly posted:

ah yes... excellent point.

Tourist bring money though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

people from the parts of croatia where tourists come en masse seem to complain pretty often about the terrible hordes of tourists now coming there hth

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Doctor Malaver posted:

Croatia has both Mediterranean and continental climate so you can grow basically anything, depending on which specific location you'd pick. I once even saw a news segment about a successful business growing tropical fruit in a glass house.

Yeah I mean you could probably start a vineyard or an orchard, but both of these are long-term projects requiring specific skills and expertise.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Trauma posted:

How is their pizza?

Better than any thing I've had in America hands down.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Data Graham posted:

So is it haunted or what? What’s the catch?

That's a tough question, but the short answer would be War. Not only for direct destruction and loss of life but for creating a corrupt and incompetent political system that lives off nationalism. Decades after the war we still feel indirect consequences.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

pixaal posted:

Tourist bring money though!

Also very good point.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
Hey, I bet everyone remembers the hapless printer goon story which ended badly for the guy. I'm, uh, in sort of a diametrally opposite situation. I repaired Vesna's computer the other day and she's now aggressivelly hitting on me. Hell, she's all over me, phoned me ten times today just to share some of her schizophrenic ramblings with me (much to my chagrin). I immediately made it clear that I will NOT bone her in any way, and that seems to have triggered something in her which, to put it in her words, made her feel "safe", because she's one of those people who are afraid of everyone and everything. She wants to be my older sister and I don't know what to say about it. For fucks sake, she phoned me today just to tell me that she got her period. Goddammit, Vesna. :ughh:

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
E/N: Everyone's/Neurotic › Let's Repopulate Croatia!

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Hey, I bet everyone remembers the hapless printer goon story which ended badly for the guy. I'm, uh, in sort of a diametrally opposite situation. I repaired Vesna's computer the other day and she's now aggressivelly hitting on me. Hell, she's all over me, phoned me ten times today just to share some of her schizophrenic ramblings with me (much to my chagrin). I immediately made it clear that I will NOT bone her in any way, and that seems to have triggered something in her which, to put it in her words, made her feel "safe", because she's one of those people who are afraid of everyone and everything. She wants to be my older sister and I don't know what to say about it. For fucks sake, she phoned me today just to tell me that she got her period. Goddammit, Vesna. :ughh:

Call her back and tell her you're excited that you started yours too and you're glad your cycles are now in sync.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

There are entire ghost villages in Slavonia, with zero inhabitants. I've heard that some mayors will give you a 2000€ prize just if you come to live there - the only catch is that you have to sign a waiver that you'll live there for at least 10 years or more. But if you want to try your luck in farming, Slavonia is the place for you.
fantastic. twisty let's move to slavonia, get married and raise goats together

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

croat goats

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

croatse

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

avshalemon posted:

fantastic. twisty let's move to slavonia, get married and raise goats together

I've got like three more years of fertility left, four tops, so let's start the spouse raffles soon.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Bobbie Wickham posted:

I've got like three more years of fertility left, four tops, so let's start the spouse raffles soon.
...are you competing with me for twisty

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Do they need English teachers? I like cheap, low quality booze and poverty.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Slavonia is cheap, high quality boose and poverty.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

Do they need English teachers? I like cheap, low quality booze and poverty.

We are exporting well trained English teachers to Ireland. So, no.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Doctor Malaver posted:

Slavonia is cheap, high quality boose and poverty.

Go on.

Gervasius posted:

We are exporting well trained English teachers to Ireland. So, no.

I also speak Chinese!

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Extremely tasty and quite unhealthy food, pretty landscapes and nice ladies and gents that are slowly drinking themselves to death because of poverty and unemployment.

quote:

I also speak Chinese!

I suspect this will really be needed soon.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

I can vouch for Bulgarian Rakija (plum booze) and I'm sure croatian is great too. In bulgaria at least it seems like every grandpa has his own batch that he wants you to try. I didn't know any grandpas in croatia when I went so I didn't get to try any. but I was in the cosmoppolitan areas anyway and it seems like more of a countryside thing

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm used to drinking 58% sorghum liquor so this should be a feast.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Business posted:

I didn't know any grandpas in croatia when I went so I didn't get to try any.
they all drank themselves to death :(

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Business posted:

I can vouch for Bulgarian Rakija (plum booze) and I'm sure croatian is great too. In bulgaria at least it seems like every grandpa has his own batch that he wants you to try. I didn't know any grandpas in croatia when I went so I didn't get to try any. but I was in the cosmoppolitan areas anyway and it seems like more of a countryside thing

Yeah buddy of mine is from Sofia and has family in the country side and he always brings quince rakia and that stuff is incredible

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Go on.

I also speak Chinese!

A massive construction project (a bridge to Peljesac peninsula) is starting in Dalmatia and a Chinese company won it so interpreters for Chinese are in demand. You could start there and later move to Slavonia and teach English and Chinese. You'd make local news right away.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Just a quickie, i'm locked up in a looney bin for detox, sorry for the lack of post. Basically i'm in a fancy prison. Bbl

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

Just a quickie, i'm locked up in a looney bin for detox, sorry for the lack of post. Basically i'm in a fancy prison. Bbl

Probably for the best, at 60 trams a day it was either that, seizure or liver failure.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Stay safe Yugo drug ghost

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stay safe dude.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

please tell us about your fellow prisoners

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

If they keep you in there long enough to get over the physical dependency on those pills for god's sake don't start taking them again

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Bardeh posted:

If they keep you in there long enough to get over the physical dependency on those pills for god's sake don't start taking them again

You must be new to this thread...

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Look, Sisyphus, there goes your rock again!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Teketeketeketeke posted:

You must be new to this thread...

I don't think he's ever actually been locked up before, has he? I mean, to get forcibly committed he must have done something pretty serious - it's easy to downplay his addiction here because he generally posts pretty coherently and intelligently, but cramming that many pills into his body every single day was only ever gonna go one way. I just hope he takes this situation for the opportunity it could be for him.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

spankmeister posted:

Stay safe Yugo drug ghost

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

avshalemon posted:

please tell us about your fellow prisoners

There's this guy who lies down on the floor and makes forward hoops whenever he's frustrated or angry. I'm on the phone, will post more when i get back home.

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

directions make no sense in the grand scheme of things.
Hey, SBF, you got any free apartments for rent in Zag? You take cats? Asking for a friend.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

There's this guy who lies down on the floor and makes forward hoops whenever he's frustrated or angry. I'm on the phone, will post more when i get back home.

Not expecting ASF to reply since he's indisposed at the moment, but can someone else tell me what he means by "makes forward hoops"?

Stay safe and be well, ASF. I've done the detox/rehab thing myself, and it sucks while you're doing it, but coming out the other side feeling like a million bucks (and saving quite a few bucks when you don't need a fix every day) is totally worth it.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Not expecting ASF to reply since he's indisposed at the moment, but can someone else tell me what he means by "makes forward hoops"?

Stay safe and be well, ASF. I've done the detox/rehab thing myself, and it sucks while you're doing it, but coming out the other side feeling like a million bucks (and saving quite a few bucks when you don't need a fix every day) is totally worth it.

im guessing he meant 'hops'

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

I think he means front flips, or he wouldn't have mentioned it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTo9yV13MLY&t=4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I think he means front flips, or he wouldn't have mentioned it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTo9yV13MLY&t=4s

Learn how to forward flip in 47 seconds? I am highly skeptical!