Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Regy Rusty posted:

It's player error. Undodgeable shot makes it so that all the bullets go right at the center of the crosshair but that person screwed it up.

I think, it's hard to tell without the lining up of the shot that preceded it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
She was aiming for the horizon behind him, by putting the barrel of her gun through his head, and she didn't miss

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah idk, I think they just probably were too close.

Now that I'm starting the game I'll take this as a warning to make sure I'm a few steps back before shooting ;)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Any scout who got that close to a shocktrooper from the front would be dead already.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah i thought that it was a turn based strategy chance to miss thing and that big "potential" that pops up before the ability callout meant it only had the potential to trigger, and just didn't

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Hunt11 posted:

Any scout who got that close to a shocktrooper from the front would be dead already.

said like someone who never used defense buffs

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

If u yell at your troops loud enough they can absorb bullets :hai:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My favorite thing in Prey is the foam gun that interacts with buttons and consoles but because the darts fire at an angle towards the crosshair you have to pull wonky bank shots to get it to really work. I got so good at this I could angle the gun, jump, and crouch to fire mid-air at the proper angle to hit a button between bars or some obstacle that the game clearly expected you to just morph into a coffee cup.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why would you have an ability named "Undodgeable Shot - Never Miss" if it, in fact, can miss
it would actually be insanely funny to have an incompetent character that has a skill called Undodgeable Shot Never Miss that misses 100% of the time

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want to play VC4. But I never beat 1. But mortars seem cool. But are mortars enough of a reason to play a new game? My hunch says yes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's a funny gif but it's stupid to get that close idk what they were thinking. Especially a little later in the game when enemies try to duck your shots

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

Buffs are for emergencies or when I want to have a stormtrooper tear apart heavy tanks in a single attack.

Edit: Motors are a lot of fun to use, especially when you start getting to use the different types of motors.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

ah i thought that it was a turn based strategy chance to miss thing and that big "potential" that pops up before the ability callout meant it only had the potential to trigger, and just didn't

If it pops up it did trigger. A lot of potentials are negative as well. Weapons also do have accuracy stats and chance to miss/bullet spread.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 27, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Hunt11 posted:

Buffs are for emergencies or when I want to have a stormtrooper tear apart heavy tanks in a single attack.

Edit: Motors are a lot of fun to use, especially when you start getting to use the different types of motors.

that's what you think but buffs are the way you can totally break scouts to make them insanely op in vc1 lol

al-azad
May 28, 2009

lol at not aiming for center mass, guy playing failed boot camp get him off the field before he kills a friendly

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I liked the guy in VC1 that said "VEG-TA-BLES"

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

that's what you think but buffs are the way you can totally break scouts to make them insanely op in vc1 lol

I understand that, I just don't like that style of play.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

al-azad posted:

There's a very distinct difference between Mario the tiny troll man and Super Mario the slightly taller troll man. But yeah, Mario is a hobbit compared to the real humans of New Donk City.

Super Mario's supposed to be twice the size of regular Mario :mad: (which would make him a different kind of oddly proportioned freak compared to normal people)

homeless snail posted:

it would actually be insanely funny to have an incompetent character that has a skill called Undodgeable Shot Never Miss that misses 100% of the time

More games need a Dan Hibiki

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 27, 2018

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i like dan hibikis that, with enough effort and knowledge of game mechanics, can be turned into monsters

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Relax Or DIE posted:

I liked the guy in VC1 that said "VEG-TA-BLES"

largo was so cool the best character in the game had a trait called largo lover

if u don’t like largo just get on out of here you aren’t welcome

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

al-azad posted:

My favorite thing in Prey is the foam gun that interacts with buttons and consoles but because the darts fire at an angle towards the crosshair you have to pull wonky bank shots to get it to really work. I got so good at this I could angle the gun, jump, and crouch to fire mid-air at the proper angle to hit a button between bars or some obstacle that the game clearly expected you to just morph into a coffee cup.
Nah, Arkane totally expected you to use the nerf crossbow for stuff like that. That's one of the main reasons Prey is so great, it gives you a bunch of options.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

i like dan hibikis that, with enough effort and knowledge of game mechanics, can be turned into monsters

I found out that there's a skill in MHGU that gives negative crits a change to turn into double crits, meaning you can actually use the broken turd weapons with -70% affinity that you pull out of ore veins and they can be insanely powerful

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

tales of destiny director's cut has a guy who plays a lute and all of his attacks are him playing the lute, but if you know how to play him well then you can use his lute to air juggle enemies

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Colonel posted:

Read this as defense butts, was sorely disappointed

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Rarity posted:

Read this as defense butts, was sorely disappointed

That's what crocodiles do

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

playing the new heat signature update, its real real good and is gonna draw me back into this game for a good while. lots of new twists that make missions not necessarily harder but more complicated to solve, characters have traits now beyond just starting out with different items and amounts of money, daily challenges. its a good update that goes back to an already excellent game to address criticisms and go even further beyond what it was

This was a good tip

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
is this what the cool kids are playing nowadays

https://i.imgur.com/IkdDeA9.mp4

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I understood its desire to end itself. Is this what the great VR game-changer is?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Grapplejack posted:

I mean most people don't have a room they can dedicate to VR so I fail to see how it's supposed to have this big "watershed" moment.

Oculus Rift To Give Every Human Being A Big Room

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

bloodychill posted:

I understood its desire to end itself. Is this what the great VR game-changer is?

They're playing Russian Roulette in VR, I couldn't find a place to host it with sound

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah Pavlov is stupid as gently caress and thus rad as hell

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Samuringa posted:

They're playing Russian Roulette in VR, I couldn't find a place to host it with sound

:lol: OK that makes a lot more sense.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hey, I posted about this earlier, but the Heat Signature update is live

https://twitter.com/Pentadact/status/1045358753141444608

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fun game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its Really Good, and everyone should buy and/or play heat signature

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Its Really Good, and everyone should buy and/or play heat signature

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The only thing I'm saddened by is that, as far as I can tell, there's still no way to see a real time playback of a mission ala superhot. Though I'm not too disappointed since I imagine making it could be a huge pain in the rear end.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Making a grand exit by smashing a window, getting sucked into the vacuum, and getting scooped up by your pod never got old even after doing it 1000 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Making a grand exit by smashing a window, getting sucked into the vacuum, and getting scooped up by your pod never got old even after doing it 1000 times
the real fun is getting the brick and then doing the opposite

• Locked thread