Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Dalael posted:

That's bad advice if you're dealing with stupid people (ie me). A friend once gave me a character of his and I sucked out all I could without paying attention to what i was sucking out and in which order.

It's now left with 5m skillpoint but can't fly anything or use pretty much anything. Probably worth deleting rather than trying to fix to be honest

That’s a good point, in which order should I be sucking skills out if I end up doing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Dalael posted:

once you're in the corp, you can set your clone station remotely (We can still do that, can we?) to 1DQ1-A

You can still do that, once a year

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Kayl Breinhar. Haven't played in a while, and recently got purged, but I know I can come back whenever.

I think we did capops together way back before we did sgle with Bring and co :thunk:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rhopunzel posted:

That’s a good point, in which order should I be sucking skills out if I end up doing that?

Wish I knew. All I can say is, going from the top of the list and extracting on your way down was a stupid, stupid idea

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

uwaeve posted:

Hello space friends I miss homeland defense jabber and the forums. Not enough to start playing again, but close. I occasionally check out the influence map to see if we've retaken Deklein but no luck so far. Keep up the good fight, I have never not believed (and will never not believe) in you.

hell yeah

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Dalael posted:

Wish I knew. All I can say is, going from the top of the list and extracting on your way down was a stupid, stupid idea

Can you extract prerequisite skills before the later ones in the skill tree?

That’d be hilarious if so, especially if you still needed the prereq skill to effectively use the “higher” skill (cause your ship sucks even if you can technically pilot it with Dreadnought V or something)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

DarkHorse posted:

Can you extract prerequisite skills before the later ones in the skill tree?

you cannot

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Dalael posted:

That's bad advice if you're dealing with stupid people (ie me). A friend once gave me a character of his and I sucked out all I could without paying attention to what i was sucking out and in which order.

It's now left with 5m skillpoint but can't fly anything or use pretty much anything. Probably worth deleting rather than trying to fix to be honest

Time heals all wounds. Irreparably skilled dudes with 5m sp can be harvested every almost 8 days for more injectors. One injector buys two extractors is which two injectors which is almost plex for the account. Meanwhile you are skilling into things and extracting other less important thins and eventually you have an ice harvester or cloaky camper or jita alt or any number of useful dudes that dont even need skill points.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ynglaur posted:

Did you extract everything out of deadtear with all the edgy capitalizations, or did you leave the character with some dignity?

that character has no capital letters :confused:

also i'd never drain any of them

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that character has no capital letters :confused:

also i'd never drain any of them

Cause that would require you to log in.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

orange juche posted:

that as well

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

orange juche posted:

Touche.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:v:
Looks like someone forgot a few zeros. He sent me an email begging for a refund. What do you think, should I give it to him?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

I'm making my new character and I'm not sure which race to pick. Are they still as rock paper scissors as before or does it not really matter anymore, or is there anywhere I can read about what we need the most/etc? I'd use the wiki but it won't let me log in with my GF credentials.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhopunzel posted:

I'm making my new character and I'm not sure which race to pick. Are they still as rock paper scissors as before or does it not really matter anymore, or is there anywhere I can read about what we need the most/etc? I'd use the wiki but it won't let me log in with my GF credentials.

Intaki is the best race

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Intaki is the best race

frig I meant empires, not races :(

I remember the Amarr being mostly heavy lasers and armor, and the Gallente being mostly drones. I'll probably just reroll Amarr again so combat stays simple for me

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rhopunzel posted:

frig I meant empires, not races :(

I remember the Amarr being mostly heavy lasers and armor, and the Gallente being mostly drones. I'll probably just reroll Amarr again so combat stays simple for me

race doesn't matter even a little bit, you can train whatever stuff you want and the starting skills amount to like a week of training either way (maybe less?)

pick whatever you think has the best barbie doll :bigtran:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

race doesn't matter even a little bit, you can train whatever stuff you want and the starting skills amount to like a week of training either way (maybe less?)

oh hell yeah, thanks

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Not true, Caldari characters learning school is closer to Jita than any others. This is actually quite useful.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

Not true, Caldari characters learning school is closer to Jita than any others. This is actually quite useful.

eh

you should do all your jita stuff on a dedicated market alt so it's not really that useful to have all your characters that close

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Rutibex posted:

Looks like someone forgot a few zeros. He sent me an email begging for a refund. What do you think, should I give it to him?
Never

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

eh

you should do all your jita stuff on a dedicated market alt so it's not really that useful to have all your characters that close
Yes, this man knows truth. Setup a vanity empire alt Corp and crush some skulls in the Jita market.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

If from a blue, yes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

If from a blue, yes.

I sold it back to him for 150m isk, I'm not a monster.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Rutibex posted:

I sold it back to him for 150m isk, I'm not a monster.

Maybe not a monster but a shitler.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caryna posted:

Maybe not a monster but a shitler.

You know how much tax it costs to make a buy order for a Rorqual? I'm just recouping expenses.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Rutibex posted:

You know how much tax it costs to make a buy order for a Rorqual? I'm just recouping expenses.

why didn't you just contract it?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

madjack posted:

why didn't you just contract it?

I did, I was talking about the taxes I paid to make the first buy order. Is 150m isk really a big deal? The guy was selling a Rorqual, I very much doubt that was a lot of money to him. I considered it more of a joke. Rorqual buddy was quite happy to take it.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Rutibex posted:

I did, I was talking about the taxes I paid to make the first buy order. Is 150m isk really a big deal? The guy was selling a Rorqual, I very much doubt that was a lot of money to him. I considered it more of a joke. Rorqual buddy was quite happy to take it.

oh, fair enough.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

I very much enjoy wasting my time when I cannot not login into EVE online listening to my Toneking Nine Tail coupled with my cheapo Schiit amplifier. Does this make me whole squid ready? :aaaaa:

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

froody guy posted:

I very much enjoy wasting my time when I cannot not login into EVE online listening to my Toneking Nine Tail coupled with my cheapo Schiit amplifier. Does this make me whole squid ready? :aaaaa:

Whole Squid are equal-opportunity music enjoyers, and ability to sperg about your headphone hobby on discord is more important than your actual equipment. We do have a couple planar magnetic snobs among us, but we forgive them their elitist ways.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

meatmccartney posted:

Whole Squid are equal-opportunity music enjoyers, and ability to sperg about your headphone hobby on discord is more important than your actual equipment. We do have a couple planar magnetic snobs among us, but we forgive them their elitist ways.

Something something limits of human hearing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would have kept that rorq for myself because I’m an rear end in a top hat

Also I downloaded and installed eve for the first time in like three years and I think I did the with correctly, I don’t have any jump clones that don’t have some sort of expensive implants so I guess I have to go the old fashioned way. I should also probably leave highsec before applying so I don’t get dock camped or something

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

Send him agoatse

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

meatmccartney posted:

We do have a couple planar magnetic snobs among us

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Kotaku says you guys won a war today and got a bunch of space stations for it, congratulations!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CapnAndy posted:

Kotaku says you guys won a war today and got a bunch of space stations for it, congratulations!

kotaku doesn't value your cisscum male opinion

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

kotaku doesn't value your cisscum male opinion

Wtf I love Kotaku now

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

going through the 60 day skill training guide while I wait to be approved - what attributes should i remap to make it optimal for that?

e: gently caress i just installed evemon so i'm just gonna do what it says

Rhopunzel fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 29, 2018

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Rhopunzel posted:

going through the 60 day skill training guide while I wait to be approved - what attributes should i remap to make it optimal for that?

e: gently caress i just installed evemon so i'm just gonna do what it says

I'd think twice before remapping for a 60 days long skill plan, especially if generic for a starter. Talking in general you can divide skillset into 4 blocks: int/mem for science, industrial or 'generic' skills. Perc/will for everything spaceships and pewpew. Mem/perc for drones and charisma/will for leadership and boosting poo poo. That being said the best for a mixed up plan is remapping all into intelligence and perception which minimize the losses in most scenario but drones.

Or you work out a better plan at least 6 months long and focus on skills with the same attributes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

froody guy posted:

I'd think twice before remapping for a 60 days long skill plan, especially if generic for a starter. Talking in general you can divide skillset into 4 blocks: int/mem for science, industrial or 'generic' skills. Perc/will for everything spaceships and pewpew. Mem/perc for drones and charisma/will for leadership and boosting poo poo. That being said the best for a mixed up plan is remapping all into intelligence and perception which minimize the losses in most scenario but drones.

Or you work out a better plan at least 6 months long and focus on skills with the same attributes.

I put most of everything into intelligence and then a few for perception, so this works out.