Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

HenryEx posted:

Question for housing nerds:

How long does the NPC keep your furniture stored after the auto-demolition?

From the SQEX site:

quote:

* Players will have thirty-five days to redeem items from the resident caretaker before they are made irredeemable. Items belonging to a free company estate can only be retrieved by members with the authorization to purchase or relinquish land. Items belonging to a private estate can only be retrieved by the owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Thundarr posted:

It's not like they can use electroshock through your keyboard if you insist on doing things in a weird way. A more specific primer on job rotations at 50 / 60 / 70 would benefit new players who want to play better, and the people who don't care wouldn't have paid attention to it anyway.

Tie it to a cosmetic reward and now the ffxiv playerbase will do whatever you ask

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You can only pick Viera if you can beat a very simple quiz that shows you can react to spread, stack, 2+1=3, and for fucks sake Use A Dot They're Literally Your Best Skill

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

woah woah woah let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
sometimes you need to do 2-1 = 1

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I think my favourite pug mechanic has to be the black and white circles. I love every single time I get a black circle and run towards a white circle player only for them to scream and run away from me.

Every job should have access to Rescue imo.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I sometimes think that others go wrong even when they think they have the most perfect knowledge; so how do I know that I myself don’t go wrong every time I add two and three or count the sides of a square?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
“esuna” I post into party chat watching the 4 stacks of poison refresh

“esuna” I plead as I watch it refresh again

“esuna?” I inquire watching those 4 stacks hit 45s

the healer is dead. I am next.

the level 35 lancer is not long for this world.

the bard remains silent.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Most of the time it's not worth cleansing poison, especially at low level, especially if it's going to be refreshed again.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Philonius posted:

On the 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 pattern you look for the 4th color in the pattern and start on that one. Then you move onto the 1st color tile after if explodes. Run around always following just behind the explosion. You might lose a bit of dps by moving, but it's a 100% safe way to deal with that mechanic.

I'm late but this really isn't even necessary. Just stand on 2 right at the border to 1 and move to 1 as soon as the explosion starts. Then move back to the same spot and do it again.
Don't wait until the explosion has completely resolved, as long as you aren't on the platform when the explosion starts you're fine.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
In their infinite wisdom they made esuna an optional button that a healer might not have at the moment.

The reason for this is _________

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Saint Freak posted:

In their infinite wisdom they made esuna an optional button that a healer might not have at the moment.

The reason for this is _________

You can have every healer role action at once now.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Most of the time it's not worth cleansing poison, especially at low level, especially if it's going to be refreshed again.

Considering the reference to a level 35 lancer, that's almost certainly Aiatar's poison, which you really, really want to Esuna. (Shoutout to the good old days where SCH's only way to deal with poison in Brayflox was Adlo and Whispering Dawn.)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

You can have every healer role action at once now.

If you both read the patch notes and are level 70

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

Saint Freak posted:

For fucks sake Use A Dot They're Literally Your Best Skill
Some jobs are just too difficult to play properly if you apply dots, like Bard:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Saint Freak posted:

If you both read the patch notes and are level 70

It's a level 20 skill, and role actions don't wait until level 70 to unlock?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

onesixtwo posted:

It's a level 20 skill, and role actions don't wait until level 70 to unlock?

But the extra 5 role actions were added a week ago, and before that, a lot of 50+ healers didn't have Esuna slotted at all, which is the main reason they were added in the first place.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Saigyouji posted:

But the extra 5 role actions were added a week ago, and before that, a lot of 50+ healers didn't have Esuna slotted at all, which is the main reason they were added in the first place.

Yes, that is correct. It still doesn't require you to be level 70 to use, as the post suggested as a reason for why people aren't using it, still. People aren't using it because it's Esuna in a dungeon, and barely needed in most content.. so it isn't a relevant button outside of very limited of situations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I will repeat what I said back from whichever raid it was that would throw doom on players at the start of Stormblood:

Healer A: I thought you had esuna slotted?

Healer B: I thought YOU had esuna slotted!

*drg dies, healers look to the camera, shrugs*

V O4, that was the raid.

Leal fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 27, 2018

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Leal posted:

I will repeat what I said back from whichever raid it was that would throw doom on players at the start of Stormblood:

I did this all the time on O4 because I (and the other healer apparently) always forgot Exdeath had Doom.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

bad boyfriend worse lay posted:

Some jobs are just too difficult to play properly if you apply dots, like Bard:

He started using 1 DoT when we asked him!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm late but this really isn't even necessary. Just stand on 2 right at the border to 1 and move to 1 as soon as the explosion starts. Then move back to the same spot and do it again.
Don't wait until the explosion has completely resolved, as long as you aren't on the platform when the explosion starts you're fine.

This doesn't really work if you don't have good ping but if you do it really does work well.

On the subject of advanced training halls I think that would be fantastic, the existing stuff is nice but very much geared for four person content. If nobody explains to you how to tank swap, how to use shirk, how to manage co-healing, etc., the game certainly isn't going to tell you, and I think the ideal purpose of such halls would be to fill in gaps that under ideal circumstances would be filled in by the community.

I'd also like to see a sort of interactive glossary of markers and indicators. Running Alphascape and Suzaku it's surprising how many people grasp their own rotation but get confused about what flare markers mean, or how the purple AoE puddle interacts with the stack marker, or even just to stand in meteor pads. It's just a lack of exposure, I think, or an honest failure to internalize mechanics they might have only seen a handful of times.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I did this all the time on O4 because I (and the other healer apparently) always forgot Exdeath had Doom.

I'm pretty sure the only reason that O4N had Doom is that they realized that there were literally no cleanseable debuffs in max level 4.0 content.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

I'm pretty sure the only reason that O4N had Doom is that they realized that there were literally no cleanseable debuffs in max level 4.0 content.

It's an FFV nod. Exdeath almost always starts the fight by casting Doom on a party member. Making it specifically an Esunable Doom is probably for that reason, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Leal posted:

V O4, that was the raid.

"Please be sure to Esuna Doom off of me."

*drop dead from Doom because none of the Healers use it*

:argh:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"Please be sure to Esuna Doom off of me."

*drop dead from Doom because none of the Healers use it*

:argh:

heh

looks like the dragoon died again. What an idiot!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Always rescue when its up. If the person lives through the thing you pulled them out of but dies to the ting you pulled them into, even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_6jggIOeeI

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Sure, it's not needed. But if you run around behind the explosions you're always 100% safe.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I'm going to fantasy-Asia in Stormblood next. Stopped playing last night as I was sent to Limsa Lomnisa presumably to get a boat to take me there. Hopefully the zones there aren't hellish deserts full of giant insects.

edit: By the way, that story fight against Zenos was surprisingly hard for a single-player duty. I almost feel like it would have been easier if I played as a healer or tank (I did it as Samurai).

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

So I'm going to fantasy-Asia in Stormblood next. Stopped playing last night as I was sent to Limsa Lomnisa presumably to get a boat to take me there. Hopefully the zones there aren't hellish deserts full of giant insects.

edit: By the way, that story fight against Zenos was surprisingly hard for a single-player duty. I almost feel like it would have been easier if I played as a healer or tank (I did it as Samurai).

one of the recurring themes of SB is that the solo duties have dialed up to 11. it's why the paladin sb questline is really fun even though it's ultimately just an anime tournament arc.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

One of my favourite story instances is still the Warriors of Darkness one if only because of The Maker's Ruin blaring into my ears as I charged up Alisaie's blade. poo poo was dope.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
So I can’t beat that recent “Will of the Moon” quest where you fight whatever Dotharl lady.

I’m a Paladin (and only a Paladin, unfortunately) at iLevel 355, but that last phase I just can’t beat her before the timer is out.

Am I missing something or do I just need to gear up?

...or level a DPS class? Aaaaaaa

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I was probably that ilvl as a healer when I did it, its just a really tight dps check at the end and you have to kill the adds or whatever I forget incredibly quickly. If you gently caress it up 2 or 3 times do you get echo? idk

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I did it as a paladin ezpz with about 6 ilvls higher than you. These questions will sound either stupid or condescending, but are you doing your rotation right? Using FoF and Requiescat? Are you in sword oath?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sadu's meteor has a very tight DPS check, yes. Be sure to kill the adds first, then finish her after. AOE attacks help a lot.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

If by tight you mean 2k

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
O4N Doom was one of the few places where old Shake it Off was nice to have.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh no blimp issue posted:

If by tight you mean 2k
For a solo story duty that's tight. I was shocked the first time I did it and failed, just because I stopped half way through and took a drink and a bite of a sandwich. Wow yoship that's hosed up

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
I managed it as a sub 350 PLD, by completely ignoring the adds in the last phase and just tearing down Sadu. Stay in sword oath, pop your defensive CDs and eat some of the AoEs so you can stay on her - the duty regen will keep up with eating the add damage and a few AoEs.

Edit: vv It's just the three pot golem adds right? Or am I misremembering?

Marathanes fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I was a 370 RDM throwing Fleche and Contre Sixteen at Sadu in the last phase and she took almost no damage until the adds died.