Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1045446294997798913

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm p happy my local grocery store puts their pallets of bottled water outside the store for easy looting if the water supply goes down

lmao at idiot baby americans buying bottled water when they're country is surrounded by 2 oceans.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Sometimes you need bottled water because city tap water has additives.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is why the Democrats worked so hard to preserve the filibuster, right? So they can stop Kavanaugh from being confirmed?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

i genuinely think cspam would be better if the trump thread was gassed and not allowed to be recreated

Would you say its culture is a cancer that is in danger of metastasizing?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is why the Democrats worked so hard to preserve the filibuster, right? So they can stop Kavanaugh from being confirmed?

the democrats will never use the filibuster unless it's to stop something that would seriously harm their rich owners

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

gasp the centrists clutched pearls and made sure not to poison the hearing of Rapey H Sexmonster with bias

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ThndrShk2k posted:

Sometimes you need bottled water because city tap water has additives.
Also it's safer to drink bottled water while traveling even in the US because not every city water system is the same, in addition to flouride technically can be a laxative.

Well/spring water is usually fine though

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Wemus posted:

Dunno why I thought the dems would do good today

Democrats want to turn Texas into California, but Lt. Governor Dan Patrick won't let them. :hai:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JHomer722 posted:

well jeez, maybe my staff did leak it, idk I haven't asked them *whispers with aide* oh I guess I have asked them a bunch of times, they said no *more whispers* Ford is probably a gossipy bitch with gossipy bitch friends

Well maybe its Dr Ford who is lying. Just what the gently caress

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Not a Step posted:

Would you say its culture is a cancer that is in danger of metastasizing?

nah, it's just attracted a lot of fleas from gbs and dnd lately

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Things that are better organized than the democrats: literally any law office or college study group in the country
https://mobile.twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1045446294997798913

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

frat kids running away from a woman they just asaaulted with fifteen seconds to get their stories straight before the cops catch up with them...are more organized

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Agean90 posted:

Things that are better organized than the democrats: literally any law office or college study group in the country
https://mobile.twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1045446294997798913

yeah they hosed this one up really badly

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(on purpose)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Al! posted:

i genuinely think cspam would be better if the trump thread was gassed and not allowed to be recreated

I agree.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
do they think they can get better engagement and fundraising if roe is gone???????

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Masque of the Red Death has some choice quotes for today

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lessail posted:

do they think they can get better engagement and fundraising if roe is gone???????

HOLY gently caress IT'S THIS IT'S loving THIS

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Lessail posted:

yes

the reasonable sensible democratic centrists either don't care about kavanaugh at all or secretly want him to win because it would make fundraising and attacking the left easier

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
would "democrats to restore roe" be a better tshirt or bumper sticker

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Late, but get this:

Basta of Puppets

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
looking forward to Seder and Brooks explaining how Gillum's run with Hillary is a necessary evil

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

so what exactly happened. how did the dems gently caress this up? last i heard the republicans against ford and people were saying some republican senators were going to back down since kavanaugh is toxic, how did the dems manage to pull a metaphorical "nominate hillary against teump" and ruin thjs

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
they didn't gently caress it up. they're paid to not resist and their masters are getting their money's worth. kavanaugh represents the final nail in the coffin of worker rights and freedom of speech for non-millionaires so they're going to stand down like bart's white blood cells on test day. Roe being in danger is an afterthought.

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Lessail posted:

no see if the republicans reverse roe and outlaw abortion that will be such ~~bad optics~~ for them

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Man I'm pumped for when the Democrats cash out on all this Political Capital they've been saving up for the past decade!!!

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

slippery doc posted:

Man I'm pumped for when the Democrats cash out on all this Political Capital they've been saving up for the past decade!!!

yeah, the bipartisan gutting of social security will be worth the wait

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Lessail posted:

would "democrats to restore roe" be a better tshirt or bumper sticker

democrats united to restore roe

"durr"

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShriekingMarxist posted:

it really is, people actively retreat from the truth because they've been duped their whole loving lives, and processing the reality of how value and profit are created and where all the money goes and how it stays there is like a mule kick to your identity and belief structure

This is basically my 2018 year in review

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

Kobayashi posted:

This is basically my 2018 year in review

Join us, comrade.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

so what exactly happened. how did the dems gently caress this up? last i heard the republicans against ford and people were saying some republican senators were going to back down since kavanaugh is toxic, how did the dems manage to pull a metaphorical "nominate hillary against teump" and ruin thjs

They didnt coordinate before hand and bumbled around whining about an investigation that wont happen instead of passionately fighting and putting the screws to kav.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Potato Salad posted:

Gonna toss a devil's advocate grenade and run:

do elections have consequences?

we elected obama and he was a wet fart who gave up his supreme court nom, so no elections dont matter

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They didn't even talk with each other about the questions they'd ask

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Republicans already killed for SCOTUS nominees it to get through Neil Gorsuch. The Democrats previously killed it for lower court nominees, but they did it nearly four years into Obama's presidency instead of at the outset, at a point where Republicans had blocked Obama nominees more times than in all of history. There are other ways to block a judiciary nominee than filibustering, such as declining to schedule a hearing if they have a Senate majority, or having a senator from the nominee's home state disapprove, depending on the policy of the Senate Judiciary Committee chair.

In the context of the Senate judiciary traditions, a blue slip is a blue-colored form sent by the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee to the senators who represent the nominee's home state. A positive blue slip means the senator approves, and a negative blue slip means the senator disapproves. Sen. Eastland (D-MS, 1956-1978) and Sen. Leahy (D-VT, 2001-2003 and 2007-2015) were the only Democratic chairs of the Senate Judiciary Committee who required two positive blue slips for nomination, though the policy has been in effect for 48 years out of the past 62 years. Sen. Biden (D-DE, 1987-1995) and had a policy that a negative blue slip doesn't torpedo a nomination as long as the President consults with the home state senators. Sen. Sen. Grassley (R-IA, 2015-) announced on November 16, 2017 he is going to switch from the harsher Leahy policy to the more lax Biden policy for circuit court (i.e. Court of Appeals) nominees, but not district court nominees.

Republicans held the presidency 17 of the 48 years that Eastman and Leahy chaired the committee, and five out of eight years that Biden chaired the committee. Without taking the time to research the amount of nominations each policy has affected, it's plain to see the always-changing blue slip "traditions" have benefited the Republicans. The blue slip policy only made up a comparatively small fraction of nominations torpedoed , though. Only 18 Obama nominees were blocked by the blue slip policy, compared to 79 Obama nominees blocked by 2013.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shear Modulus posted:

feinstein sat on Fords allegation for almost a month because she knows all her friends and colleagues gently caress drunk women and enables and covers for them and doesn't give a poo poo. So since no one can admit this, the Republicans spun it as her holding the info til the last second to be used as an ambush and delay tactic, because otherwise it would have come up during all the other sessions including the closed door ones .

And she had no answer for this the truth is worse

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Rossalincoln/status/1045448161534201856

Boy howdy well I hope y'all learned your lesson real good

Your lesson about succ

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the strongest action of democrats they can use for branding themselves is "persisting," don't expect them to actually do anything to oppose a rape judge

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1045480905920393216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

soap box
ballot box
jury box