Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didnt bring the companions bc they're brokenly OP usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I saw some new star control thing came out, anyone try it?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
D-Walker is cool once you've already beaten every mission and have finally researched its cool upgrades. That's my problem with it. D-Dog, Quiet, and D-Horse all start with full functionality with slight improvements and a couple features coming up rather quickly.

D-WALKER starts as a more maneuverable Jeep with Tranq pistols that can't do useful things like poo poo on the road, kill the person you're interrogating, or be pet. And you're over 3/4 through the game by the time his features that overlap with the others reach par, let alone surpass.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chumbler posted:

That will have to be weighed for goty against letting you play as apparently the most awkward lesbian in video games.

They'd have to work very hard to top the worst one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWomsLGjgIQ

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

im pretty sure quiet can take out a base in like 10 seconds while you sit on a hill and listen to rebel yell (1999 remaster)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I think everyone that likes star control refused to buy it because of the hosed up nature of its production

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The best thing about Quiet will forever be https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I always brought quiet because the humming is nice

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Steve Yun posted:

Dont blame children for the sins of their father didn’t you learn anything from this series

the sins never die

because they become nanite zombies

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Samuringa posted:

They'd have to work very hard to top the worst one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWomsLGjgIQ

She’s so bizarre that it made me like her in a strange roundabout way

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tomorrow i'm gonna climb the new pork state building and finish mother 3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Real hurthling! posted:

the ceo of stardock is literally attempting to legally erase the identities of the creators of star control as the creators of star control in order to release it so a lot of people are probably not gonna be buying it for impressions

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Colonel posted:

the ceo of stardock is literally attempting to legally erase the identities of the creators of star control as the creators of star control in order to release it so a lot of people are probably not gonna be buying it for impressions

Also, no, it isn't very good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The actual ending to the game (Mission 45) was great (excepting the part oddium mentioned)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxRdLzCeglo

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Personally I think about boobs every time I drink milk, just like bowser jr

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Boobs are the maternal symbol of life and ok I can't be bothered to go find the dragon's crown witch text that was just a lotta words explaining why her boobs being so ridiculously big make sense for a person who gives life to old decrepit bones

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I always brought quiet because the humming is nice
quiet's theme is a really good song

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

oddium posted:

the most uncomfortable quiet thing is easily the cutscene where the guy strangles her and drowns her in the water trough but then he takes her pants off to rape her and that allows her to breathe and she goes buckwild on the guys

Is she one of those butt-breathing turtles?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

McSpanky posted:

Is she one of those butt-breathing turtles?

she has to have bare skin to breathe and its not there to titillate you that is stupid and foolish and if you think that it's supposed to be sexy you are wrong and you will regret your words and deeds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's the same thing that The End had and honestly they should be represented similarly

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The End puts on a crown and becomes Quiet.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qifJbdpxnD8

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh god, Undertale Bowsette fan comics? Pull up thread! Pull up!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bentacos posted:

The End puts on a crown and becomes Quiet.

Quiette, surely

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

I loved every second of MGSV

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think the most surprising part about mgsv is that they somehow turned Paz into probably the most interesting character in the game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Pacifica Ocean

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

why is she even called bowsette, bowser doesn't turn into toadette

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

i think the most surprising part about mgsv is that they somehow turned Paz into probably the most interesting character in the game
Yeah honestly Peace Walker and MGSV are way more invested in Paz's character than they ever get credit for.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

she has to have bare skin to breathe and its not there to titillate you that is stupid and foolish and if you think that it's supposed to be sexy you are wrong and you will regret your words and deeds
Kojima is a complete coward for not having The End be in nothing but a banana hammock.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Haven’t heard much about life is strange 2

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Last time I played mgsV I was real stoned and used exclusively d-walker and used only fists. Amazing game.

I don't know how to get the resources to get all those new weapons they added tho.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

alternatively, that is pretty damning since they do this by making ocelot and kaz way, way less interesting than they have ever been before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loved kaz's story but ocelot barely registered yeah.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I honestly enjoyed that Revolver Ocelot was the most level-headed and least-unhinged of anyone at Mother Base.

And that's factoring in that he runs your torture-psyops brainwashing factory

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The 7th Guest posted:

why is she even called bowsette, bowser doesn't turn into toadette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxb6yzOYF_Q

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I guess it kinda makes sense that ocelot is kind of boring considering where he is in his life at that point in time, he's settled down from his mgs3 youth, and the really crazy stuff he gets into later hasn't started yet. idk though. at least there are some pretty good ocelot tapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress this hit me really hard

Also I just finished the Princess Circuit in Yakuza 5 and yay I’m a pretty princess!!!!

• Locked thread