Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DizzyBum posted:

I like making Lv3 Speed potions/foods because Link looks like a manic cartoon character when he's sprinting at max speed.

I've made plenty of 30 min defense meals and attack meals but I never bothered with the speed stuff; I should try it sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Spellman posted:

Didn't you make or promote an app about this

Wow, someone remembered! Yes and yes, but I didn't want to mention it at first since it's paid and for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mezzanine.botwcooking

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I've made plenty of 30 min defense meals and attack meals but I never bothered with the speed stuff; I should try it sometime.

speed +++ and the ninja set that makes you run faster at night.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yo MokBa, I remember how much you like timeline chat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-25c8Rsobw

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Brian David Gilbert doesn't understand why the Adult Timeline exists, god dammit!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Yeah but he's adorable enough that he gets a pass

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Mezzanine posted:

My first Master Mode run is coming along well. Just started seeing gold mobs. I thought it would be rougher, but as long as you have a good supply of hearty food and some attack boosting stuff, you shouldn't have a problem. Mob fights aren't trivial, but so far that's just made me pick my battles. And no, I didn't get any of the cheapo DLC gear yet.

Oh, and I finally got the Master Sword before doing any of the Divine Beasts, because I don't want to hear a single quest-giver give me that "Oh but if you're really the Champion, you'd have the Master Sword, right? Guess you're just some schlub hahaha". I totally gave up on the first stage of Master Mode Sword Trials, though. That's... gonna take some planning.

Well, took me less than a month. I was all worried about Master Mode being too hard and giving up. Now I'm decked in 4-star Fierce Deity gear, doing donuts around Gold Lynels on my apple-powered motorcycle just for kicks. I loved the puzzle-solving of the last trial dungeon, too.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
I wish Master Mode had received a re-balancing. All it did was front-load all the difficulty of the game whereas it was fairly spread out in Normal mode. Even with Gold enemies faffing about it's still entirely possible to become a one-man :killdozer: who quickly shreds all evil.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

New travel glitch discovered- it’s a pretty good one

https://youtu.be/lccL3WuP25I

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I really can't believe they're not releasing regular DLC for this game. they better be working their asses off on the sequel

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I watched two seconds of this before I was turned off by the vomit-inducingly clickbaity title.

Not that that I haven't seen that glitch on twitter and elsewhere a lot of times already.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Amppelix posted:

I watched two seconds of this before I was turned off by the vomit-inducingly clickbaity title.

Not that that I haven't seen that glitch on twitter and elsewhere a lot of times already.

i managed to watch this without having a melt down. might want to see a doctor about your anxiety issues.

thx, gatos! :D

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

indigi posted:

I really can't believe they're not releasing regular DLC for this game. they better be working their asses off on the sequel

Uhhhhh did you miss the dlcs that add a poo poo load of new challenges and an entire dungeon and more story content and more armor sets and a sweet motorcycle

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

no, they were fun for a while. that's why I said "regular"

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Do any of the wall glitches for trial of the sword still work? I'm not really enjoying them and I'd just like to have the master sword without it getting tired.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

indigi posted:

no, they were fun for a while. that's why I said "regular"

What makes the two DLC packs we got irregular?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

reg·u·lar
/ˈreɡyələr/Submit
adjective
arranged in or constituting a constant or definite pattern, especially with the same space between individual instances.
"place the flags at regular intervals"
synonyms: methodical, systematic, structured, (well) ordered, (well) organized, orderly, efficient
"a regular procedure"
done or happening frequently.
"regular border clashes"
synonyms: frequent, repeated, continual, recurrent, periodic, constant, perpetual, numerous
"the subject of regular protests"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

indigi posted:

As much as I want more, I kinda respect Nintendo for not going the route of other AAA open world games with endless updates. I hope the next game is another coop game but this time a 3D one with BOTW’s engine.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just give me a jetpack or a drat hyoi pear or something. Give the master cycle zero flight if you feed it dragon parts or something. I want to fly

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Incredible. I don't think stuff like this will ever stop for this game.

Calaveron posted:

Uhhhhh did you miss the dlcs that add a poo poo load of new challenges and an entire dungeon and more story content and more armor sets and a sweet motorcycle

The DLC is pretty underwhelming though and not that extensive. At least it's decently priced.

SeANMcBAY posted:

As much as I want more, I kinda respect Nintendo for not going the route of other AAA open world games with endless updates. I hope the next game is another coop game but this time a 3D one with BOTW’s engine.

I'd literally be fine with just BOTW.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

My fav BOTW experience was loving up the Thunder Plateau shrine quest. You’re supposed to stasis the orb on a distant pillar and knock it onto the platform. I picked it up and spent a half-hour trying to find where I could toss the orb up onto the platform. Not willing to give up, I started looking for something, anything that could help. And that’s when I noticed the wind.

I tried tying some octorok balloons to the orb, and watched the orb slowly rise into the air! ...but it went straight up and fell back down. I guess the wind was just for show. :smith:

Undeterred, I tried again with the balloons and hit the orb with arrows, which gave it ~just~ enough momentum to float over the lip of the platform. Simply magical :allears:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Triskelli posted:

Simply magical :allears:

i aint got time for all this bullshit. got a world to save.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Triskelli posted:

My fav BOTW experience was loving up the Thunder Plateau shrine quest. You’re supposed to stasis the orb on a distant pillar and knock it onto the platform. I picked it up and spent a half-hour trying to find where I could toss the orb up onto the platform. Not willing to give up, I started looking for something, anything that could help. And that’s when I noticed the wind.

I tried tying some octorok balloons to the orb, and watched the orb slowly rise into the air! ...but it went straight up and fell back down. I guess the wind was just for show. :smith:

Undeterred, I tried again with the balloons and hit the orb with arrows, which gave it ~just~ enough momentum to float over the lip of the platform. Simply magical :allears:

I also hosed that up, and fixed it by stasising an orb over a rock that was slanted and that juuuust gave it enough height to get on the platform.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Triskelli posted:

im pretty sure i knocked it to the ground, stasised it, and banked it off a pillar lol

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

200+ hours and I only just discovered the foot race minigame :aaaaa:

e:

romanowski posted:

I've put 120 hours into this game and only just discovered the Goron Golf minigame

they're pretty close to each other too lol

romanowski fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 7, 2018

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Triskelli posted:

I can top that.

I did the same thing, searching for some place where I could throw the drat thing onto the plateau or something. But suddenly, there's skeletons everywhere. I get hit, drop the orb, and I scramble up the plateau to get away from the skeletons.

One skeleton promptly picks up the orb and throws it at me, onto the plateau. Those things have one hell of a throwing arm.

Thanks, skeleton

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

indigi posted:

I think it's nearly guaranteed that we get a Majora's Mask-type sequel—meaning, a sequel spun off 100x faster than it's predecessor that uses the same engine.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Polo-Rican posted:

I think it's nearly guaranteed that we get a Majora's Mask-type sequel—meaning, a sequel spun off 100x faster than it's predecessor that uses the same engine.

MM-style with botw engine.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Torquemadras posted:

I can top that.

I did the same thing, searching for some place where I could throw the drat thing onto the plateau or something. But suddenly, there's skeletons everywhere. I get hit, drop the orb, and I scramble up the plateau to get away from the skeletons.

One skeleton promptly picks up the orb and throws it at me, onto the plateau. Those things have one hell of a throwing arm.

Thanks, skeleton

fukkin lmao I love this game

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Polo-Rican posted:

Breath of the Wild is another Super Mario Galaxy situation.

Like, Nintendo, just give me the exact same engine, reuse poo poo like crazy, I don't care. As long as it's all-new content, I will buy it and I will love it. And it gives them an excellent excuse to fiddle around with the formula some more. I'd love to see a greater variety in enemies and bosses. Less samey-looking shadow beasts, more themed dungeons and weird, distinct bosses. And I'd ESPECIALLY love a great deal more duel-type enemies, like the Lynels, which really force you to engage with the mechanics, those are crazy fun. Where's the Darknuts at

I would happily forsake a lot of the shrines for more coherent mini dungeons that are actually contained on the world map, too.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I will endlessly call for the sequel to be all of the above but taking place in the areas across the canyons that surround north and west Hylia. The pillars in the north could collapse and suddenly offer passage. I say use same races but with different cultures who also find you mysterious and strange since the last contact with Hylia was 10,000 years ago before the rise of Gannon. Make a sub plot where the Rito have been sending scouts to the new land for centuries to trade and communicate with their northern brethren but never told anybody for reasons that pertain to the storyline

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Like I’m talking even finding a Bokobilin culture that isn’t warlike, and having get over your own expectations and prejudice to befriend them, etc

Edit: you can even have the game start with you with all of your Champion powers and you even have to get over to the new lands by using Revali’s gale over the collapsed pillars. But you find once you get to the new lands your powers don’t work since you are out of range of the spirit Champions, therefor giving the reason why you don’t have all of your nifty gear and powers in the new land (and can’t get back to Hylia to just go pick up the Master Sword and Ancient armor)

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 8, 2018

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Thank you for reading my fan fiction, please do not steal by Gatos Y Vatos grade 8

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I'd like if they went forward or back a few millenia. They could use the same general assets, but change them enough to be realistic for the vast amount of time that's passed. Some things would be easier to discover by paying attention to things that are different from BotW, but nothing so obtuse or crazy that a brand new player couldn't possibly find them.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Thank you for reading my fan fiction, please do not steal by Gatos Y Vatos grade 8

Too late. It's mine now. Phoning Miyamoto IRL

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Polo-Rican posted:

Why would you think this? The last time Nintendo did it with Zelda was 20 years ago, and the last time they did it in general was 11.

We'll probably get a whole overhaul in 5 years or so like we have for the last few games with spinoffs like Triforce heroes filling in the gaps.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Torquemadras posted:

Too late. It's mine now. Phoning Miyamoto IRL

:pray:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zore posted:

Why would you think this? The last time Nintendo did it with Zelda was 20 years ago, and the last time they did it in general was 11.

We'll probably get a whole overhaul in 5 years or so like we have for the last few games with spinoffs like Triforce heroes filling in the gaps.

Because reusing engines is smart and it happen a lot for Zelda:

OoT/MM
OoT3D/MM3D
PH/ST
LBTW/Triforce Heroes
LA/OoS/OoA

Then you also have the HD rereleases of TP and WW, which is the same thing essentially though still being the same game. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts the next Zelda is on the BOTW engine with new assets.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

OoT/MM
OoT3D/MM3D

this doesn't count as two examples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Why wouldn't it? The engine was completely revamped and probably mostly redone, along with all assets. Both things that were reused for MM3D.