Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

oh no blimp issue posted:

If by tight you mean 2k

homeless snail posted:

For a solo story duty that's tight. I was shocked the first time I did it and failed, just because I stopped half way through and took a drink and a bite of a sandwich. Wow yoship that's hosed up

People who can't do 2k dps should not be allowed to progress further in the game until they git gud. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hommando posted:

Anyone that joins a loot master party gets what they deserve.

They won't be getting a dog.

I got an ARR mount in a Lootmaster party. :v:

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I got an ARR mount in a Lootmaster party. :v:

It's slightly less retarded if it's an old fight where the droprate on the mounts has been significantly increased. Still an act of trust though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

My anime catte is ready for spooky time

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly don't know who is dumb enough to believe the "staying until everyone gets one" thing. Even if you get absurdly lucky with whistles getting 8 of them is going to take an entire day.
I had one party once that did stick around until everybody got a mount but there were two big differences:

1. It was Bismarck Extreme at the end of the 3.x cycle, so the fight took barely any time.
2. It wasn't on master looter, we just trusted everybody would stick around until they got their birds.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

quote:

36th job". It can equip "All Classes, Disciple of Magic, Disciple of War or Magic, and THM/ACN/BLM/SUM/RDM gear, has Break, Surecast, Swiftcast, Lucid Dreaming, Diversion, Addle, Apocatastasis, Drain, Mana Shift, and Erase for Role Actions, and has the PVP Limit Break Cometer.

Does....does this mean that this class can equip EVERYTHING?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

No it just means that it can equip items labelled "all classes", like seasonal gear.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

homeless snail posted:

Even the itemization in WoW is starting to become more like this game, I guess its what the people want

And it's a shame. The itemization is by far my least favorite feature of XIV. It might work well, but it's so god drat boring.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Xun posted:

Does....does this mean that this class can equip EVERYTHING?

No, it can't equip job specific gear, nor Disciple of War gear.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ah, rip

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hogama posted:

In patch 4.3, the "Classjob" file which holds data on all the current roles (includes bases like Gladiator, the DoH/L, and a slot 0 for "Adventurer" which is just a default and not actually used), which used to take up 35 rows but now had a 36th row. There was also a corresponding section added in "ClassJobCategory" which lists everything the relevant role can equip (everything set to False for placeholding). That's also when BlueMageAction showed up, too.
4.4 expanded "ClassJobCategory" with blank lines (more placeholding, expectedly), but also flipped on True values for the "36th job". It can equip "All Classes, Disciple of Magic, Disciple of War or Magic, and THM/ACN/BLM/SUM/RDM gear, has Break, Surecast, Swiftcast, Lucid Dreaming, Diversion, Addle, Apocatastasis, Drain, Mana Shift, and Erase for Role Actions, and has the PVP Limit Break Cometer.

Whether it'll be true or not that we get a new job with 4.5, it's probably a fair bet that whatever this is has been in more active progress than any other prospective new Job, even if just so they have something to show off as a tease during the FanFest cycle. That's probably kind of like a microcosm for expansion development, too - stuff is percolating in the back until they can drag in more active developer time.

Alternatively you can post the link to the whole thing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17S76RWm-HcmScU3XKdf0THGt4ePES9pWuwi37y6SNGc/edit

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
A melee dps who has access to the caster lb is interesting I guess

Now give dancer the melee lb

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
dancer lb is going to be just an exotic dance and in true anime fashion the boss gets a nosebleed and dies.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The cursed truth is that blue mage will be an eurekan only thing

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Oh, that's useful. I hadn't seen the UI element part from there posted anywhere before, but it makes sense it's part of Logos.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Even the itemization in WoW is starting to become more like this game, I guess its what the people want

This is the exact opposite of reality

The current WoW expansion has gear with passive abilities tied to them instead of secondary stats (and a big dumb grind to go along with it)

The last WoW expansion’s central gimmick were weapon-specific talent trees with sockets that determined both their item level and some extra passive abilities

Not to mention all the weird random rolls that gear has now, and also the trinket slot in general

FFXIV’s gear is super boring in comparison (but on the bright side, it’s not a balancing hell nightmare)

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

homeless snail posted:

I think it would be more accurate to say it's not what the people don't want.

Which sounds like a bunch of lovely wordplay but what I mean is, no one is going to hop up on tables and burst into song at the prospect of trading a sword with crit/det in for a sword with slightly higher amounts of crit/det, but at the same time no one is going to cancel their sub due to not having interesting substats on their gear.

Or if they are going to cancel their sub over that, not enough people will do so to make an impact on the aggregate sub numbers. We're winding down SB now and they have two expansions worth of evidence for that fact, at this point.

E: If you want to see what an actual impact on sub numbers looks like I bet if the nightmare scenario someone mentioned a little while back of BLU being eureka-only materializes we'll all find out pretty quick

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

it'd be hilarious/terrible if they have to learn all their skills in eureka like it's the loving Veldt

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's extremely terrible using the same route to gear up as i did in like, patch 3.0, or hell even like 2.4. or having like, two good stats per job.

It’s actually extremely good that they do this, because the answer is always “do the raid.” There’s also not much point in throwing away something that works and trying to reskin it to trick players.

Also outside of extreme circumstances like BLM and spell speed, most secondary stats are really close to each other. The best stat is just slightly ahead of the others.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Truga posted:

dancer lb is going to be just an exotic dance and in true anime fashion the boss gets a nosebleed and dies.

Mamool Ja dance! Mamool Ja dance!!!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Dancer LB is going to be boring like all the other tank LBs

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Itemization in ffxiv is a little boring but having just canceled my wow sub over how drastically, catastrophically awful it is gearing over there I'm 100% fine with safe and effective. There's not really any motivation for the devs to drastically change how gearing works in this game and I'm ok with that.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

CYBEReris posted:

it'd be hilarious/terrible if they have to learn all their skills in eureka like it's the loving Veldt

It would only be marginally less hilaribad than my (only marginally-serious) idea for a job: Onion Knight, but you must have every other job maxed out to unlock it, and it re-locks when caps go up. (Including DoH/DoL.)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

If they open up fanfest by announcing that blue mage is coming in 4.5 and you unlock it by completing Eureka, I legitimately hope they boo yoship out of the room.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
"welp, time to drop the bigger moon"

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I really want Blue Mage to be a tank, I know that's not the rumor anymore but I still want it to happen. It would just be more interesting than having it as a DPS class.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
What I really want is a tank that wears caster gear. I have dps that wears caster gear, healer gear is just recoloured caster gear anyway, now gimme a tonk.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Ouhei posted:

I really want Blue Mage to be a tank, I know that's not the rumor anymore but I still want it to happen. It would just be more interesting than having it as a DPS class.

This was my hope too. I really just want to play tank that can cast bad breath on dudes

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

This was my hope too. I really just want to play tank that can cast bad breath on dudes

Pretty sure that's like 90% of the playerbase.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Truga posted:

What I really want is a tank that wears caster gear. I have dps that wears caster gear, healer gear is just recoloured caster gear anyway, now gimme a tonk.

Well, tanks can wear most pre-50 caster gear...

More seriously, the only way a tank in caster gear would work is if they had a way to make up for casters having awful defense.

let healers have tank level defense yoshi, we already have amazing mdef

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Saigyouji posted:

More seriously, the only way a tank in caster gear would work is if they had a way to make up for casters having awful defense.

level 5 trait: "your armour is multiplied by <whatever the normal tank gear multiplier is>."

e: call it mana shield, give it a neat effect, have it drain some mana each time you take a big hit, cooldowns restore mana instead of giving flat damage reduction, having enough mana gives damage reduction instead.

Truga fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 28, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A blue mage that has an emnity combo, a damage combo, three buttons to take less damage, and a button where they don't die for a couple of seconds. Sounds fun.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, that's literally every class in the game. "Utility combo, damage combo, dps cooldown, soak cooldown".

Healers also get some things that fill other people's hp, but that's it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Give ninjas shadows and make them tank :v:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Quick Satasha run after being away for a few days, and completely forget I'm healing, not DPS, as a scholar.

Fairy got on just fine without me. Sigh.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Scholar fairy can heal every dungeon up until...Brayflox? You're just an arcanist that brings a fifth party member with you. That is good and how you should approach those dungeons.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Spookyhaus can get sketchy at times and you need to heal a bit, but yeah, until brayflox you're basically the 3rd dps and fairy is the healer.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Truga posted:

Spookyhaus can get sketchy at times and you need to heal a bit, but yeah, until brayflox you're basically the 3rd dps and fairy is the healer.

I didn't fully understand how true this was until the first time I got copperbell in levelling roulette. It's honestly completely ridiculous and I'd love it if it didn't mean I only got to press 3 buttons all dungeon

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Polygon has an interview about the new encyclopedia and general FFXIV design stuff up.

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2018/9/27/17911070/final-fantasy-14-interview-lore-book

Koji Fox posted:

It’s hundreds of pages of new content. “There are a few things in this edition that have me especially excited — including some things that have been hiding in internal reference documents for almost 10 years,”

Like what? Like whaaaat? I'm probably overly excited to get the new one.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Look, maybe you guys are fine with being made redundant by something the size of a boot, but my self-esteem isn't. :negative:

On that note, I'm guessing there's no cross-pollination from class abilities or the like? So leveling CNJ won't boost SCH?