Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Stop buying Deathcap first item. Don't buy it second either. Third? You'd best believe you shouldn't buy it yet.

I feel like every single person ITT has said that already, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
All AP! Flash at them and push all my buttons!

For real, Protobelt would be an obvious item to pick up if you're gonna use that strat.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Stop buying Deathcap first item. Don't buy it second either. Third? You'd best believe you shouldn't buy it yet.

Yep. Vlad generally wants a very strong two-item spike due to the fact that his power curve flattens out considerably after the opening stages of midgame. Once people get sufficient raw DPS to chew through his bonus health and have enough extra gold outside of their cores to buy MR or an Exec's, he quickly falls off in usefulness.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Vermain posted:

It's huge for Vlad, especially, given how his Q works. Most Vlads I see angle for 20-30% CDR by 20 minutes.

The way I have been playing him has been to take over and end the game by my third item pick up. If I go CDR i feel like, I just become relevant when I get 30% CDR and then I need to get death cap to really start doing damage. I have tried the CDR build a bunch of times but I just don't win as often.

I am at zero LP now so I need to build a bit of a buffer to not get demoted and then I will try CDR again but I will say that I have tried it a lot. It's not like I am willfully ignoring all of you, I have taken the suggestions to heart and have tried to do them.

That nasus last game made things really hard so I felt like I was forced into Liandrys. Typically I do try to get a last item zhonya to get some sort of CDR and a nice active to not die.

Typically my game plan when I play vlad mid is to poke down the enemy mid-laner down to 400HP and then all in with Flash + E+ Empowered Q + Ignite. This generally happens at level 3 or 4. This is a kill and +2 dark seal pacts. I push wave, recall and get a NLR. I poke them down and when I hit 6, I kill them again for +2 Dark Seal. From there, I try to gank bot and pick up 2 more kills. If that works then I will have 6-8 dark seal pacts and a death cap with brown boots. From there, I can just chill and farm up until I have boots, flash and ult back up + mejais. The next all in should get me going and then from there I can just end the game on my own.

Not saying this is the best way to play. I know most vlads are going CDR but just writing what my general game plan is. I know it opens me up to dying and losing momentum via dark seal losses. For me it has been working but I am willing to try out CDR when I have a buffer against demotion again.

With all that said, I probably should have sold liandrys for zhonyas and instead of going 2nd death cap to get another CDR item like Banshee for MR vs Brand. The game was a fiesta and I just didn't think things through enough. I was hoping that the bonus AP would stack somehow instead of 40% maybe it would be 56%? Duno, just thought I would try something out different.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 28, 2018

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

it has not been working for you actually, that's why you're asking people for help. jesus christ

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Zhonya's would have been mountains better than double deathcap. You think troll pool is annoying? Try troll pool with Zhonya's.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

d0grent posted:

it has not been working for you actually, that's why you're asking people for help. jesus christ

Echoing this, if your asking for advice on how to stop losing and being stuck in the baby elo, don't "um, actually" any and all advice.

Also ward more and watch the map for enemy positions more, it's not something to be proud of that you don't ward and lose line of sight mid-fight because someone ducked in a bush, don't just ward around the river to ward for yourself, ward the enemy jungle camps so you can either kill him at a buff or know what route he is taking.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Yeah, my big critique from when we duo'd was that there was an above-average number of times that it seemed like you just weren't paying attention. I know we've all that those moments where something is happening just offscreen and we don't notice it, but this seems like it happens with you a lot. Maybe I'm projecting too much, but even when your own jungler is ganking your lane, it seems like something that just happens to you when it happens, and you don't plan for it before it happens because you don't pay attention to where people in the game are.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Don't buy a dark seal, and no mage should buy Deathcap until 4th item MINIMUM because you want it to strengthen the AP you already have. Starting with it doesn't give you much of a bonus on the +40%.

You're only a low gold player don't think you're reinventing the wheel here, the only true innovators are in high elo or bottom-rear end bronze, just build what other pros or champion.gg tells you too with minor adjustments based on who your opponents are

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

RealFoxy posted:

Don't buy a dark seal, and no mage should buy Deathcap until 4th item MINIMUM because you want it to strengthen the AP you already have. Starting with it doesn't give you much of a bonus on the +40%.

You're only a low gold player don't think you're reinventing the wheel here, the only true innovators are in high elo or bottom-rear end bronze, just build what other pros or champion.gg tells you too with minor adjustments based on who your opponents are

Dark seal is fine with refillable

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Yeah dark seal is a great and underrated item.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Since I've been critiquing Enigma pretty harshly, here's a game where I sucked rear end as Taric (one of the few times I've deviated from one-tricking Nami in solo queue). Completely unedited PoV video, I haven't even reviewed it myself. Please give critique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgZGAeJY_W4&t=108s

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Seems like you ulted too early in that big fight near Baron. I do that all the time too!

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

RealFoxy posted:

When you say 4th item does upgraded boots count as one the first three or is it boots+3 other items then dcap.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
gently caress it take your pick, it can mean whichever of those you want just don't rush that poo poo.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

Disagree hard on the dark seal advice but the deathcap advice is totally right. You have to have really high AP ratios for deathcap to be worth it early, it is really only good as a second or third item on a few champs (Diana, Ekko, for instance).

Enigma89 posted:

When you say 4th item does upgraded boots count as one the first three or is it boots+3 other items then dcap.

upgraded boots count as an item.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 28, 2018

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Going to second dark seal. On TF I stopped going dorans start and instead picked up corruption potion, time warp tonic, and dark seal as soon as I get 350g. The jump in both early game damage and sustain was huge.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Erdricks posted:

Going to second dark seal. On TF I stopped going dorans start and instead picked up corruption potion, time warp tonic, and dark seal as soon as I get 350g. The jump in both early game damage and sustain was huge.

Dark seal with corrupting potion and especially is just ridiculous right now

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Builds that stack active item benefits are really strong in general right now. There are some real oppressive Glacial Augment builds popping up.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

I feel like every single person ITT has said that already, though.

But haven’t you heard of gigalord’s?? He posts on Reddit and revolutionized the vlad meta.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CYBEReris posted:

Builds that stack active item benefits are really strong in general right now. There are some real oppressive Glacial Augment builds popping up.

Glacial's in a really favorable spot right now for combo-based champs: TWT + Biscuit is very strong lane sustain and games aren't going long enough for the slot inefficiency of Twin Shadows to show. Ahri and Vel are two combo champs that it works really well on. Glacial support Annie is also terrifyingly strong in lane, though not quite to the same extent.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Is glacial actually good on Vel? It's my most played champ but I have literally never tried it.

I like it a lot on Ahri but I'm not convinced on Vel, but I will try it tonight and see. It's gonna' have to be really good to convince me to take it over comet.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

glacial augment vel koz is why hes seeing pro play, as to whether or not thats any good for you in solo queue who knows

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Is glacial actually good on Vel?

It's very good. In lane, auto -> E -> W -> Q is really hard to avoid, and once he gets Twin Shadows/GLP, he can force people to sit in almost the entire duration of his ult.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

glacial augment vel koz is why hes seeing pro play, as to whether or not thats any good for you in solo queue who knows

I've only seen it played with comet and spellbook in pro play, is this in EU masters or something?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Sexpansion posted:

I've only seen it played with comet and spellbook in pro play, is this in EU masters or something?

no lol

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Right now the glacial augment build seems to be good on anyone who relies heavily on landing a CC skillshot, the slow makes it much easier to land which leads to a full burst combo. Ahri, Velkoz, and veigar seem to be the biggest beneficiaries here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was good on others like zyra, brand, syndra, zoe, etc.

What a lot of people don't realize is that glacial augment makes it so that your GLP and twin shadows shoot an additional slow beam on the ground when they hit enemies, forcing them to remain slowed until they walk off the affected area of the ground - which makes building tenacity useless as a counter.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Don't forget da donger!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
oops

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
They combined runes and masteries so that they could split up runes and masteries

https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/aIUyiwdc-preseason-dev-update-number-2

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
https://www.twitch.tv/dauntevicknabb

After being at 94 LP P1 like 10 games ago I'm back in P2 so I may as well stream since I'm destined to never get back to Diamond, it probably isn't working properly right now since I just got this PC but lets try our best!!!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

They combined runes and masteries so that they could split up runes and masteries

https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/aIUyiwdc-preseason-dev-update-number-2

Glad to see they walked it back. Preseason changes are looking pretty good so far.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It allows casters to delve into precision without gimping themselves with attack speed, as-is it's a stat buff to Karthus.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

It helps a lot of folks out, actually. Precision has some high-value keystones for a variety of champs, while attack speed was often not nearly so. Allows for a lot more flexibility which is a welcome change.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's a huge help for a lot of champs, honestly. Probably the change I'm looking forwards to the most. I can't begin to tell you how welcome it would've been at the start of the year when I was getting loving annihilated in lane 24/7 playing Lux.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I made the mistake of checking the comment section, why are the first couple dozen replies a bunch of very angry wukong mains demanding wukong buffs or they quit.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I made the mistake of checking the comment section, why are the first couple dozen replies a bunch of very angry wukong mains demanding wukong buffs or they quit.

Ninja/samurai pickers brains are fragile

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
You know the passive on deathcap is unique and doesn't stack, right? You bought the most expensive mage item for little value when you can double your damage by using zhonya's and having more cdr.

Seriously every single player that has a shred of awareness in this game knows CDR is one of the strongest stats in the game.

At this point I am wondering if enigma is just a lovely troll wasting all our time and getting attention by asking for advice and then immediately ignoring it.

We have told you this a million times but you still keep asking questions we have answered a million times

Sorry about wall of text it's just growing tiresome.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Every time Enigma ask for help the thread should just give tips and pointers on a completely different champion then he's asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

duck trucker posted:

Every time Enigma ask for help the thread should just give tips and pointers on a completely different champion then he's asking.

I'll say it again he should try and figure out a way to get more than 5-6 cs a minute in his winning games on any champion but your idea is much better