Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Three times in one game I spawned in gambit and was killed by an invading sleeper within one second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Look at this guy, only getting owned three times in gambit

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

It's true

the next game I spawned in against the same team. By myself lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Have you tried gettin gud

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

no

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i refuse

also lmao that last boss section of corrupted throne. went in at 570 and just got loving destroyed.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao the sleeper catalyst is as broken relative to sleeper as sleeper is broken in gambit

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao the sleeper catalyst is as broken relative to sleeper as sleeper is broken in gambit

Sometimes I wonder if bungie legitimately forgets to test things, like Prometheus Lens in crucible or Sleeper in gambit,

Or if they just don't give a toot

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Just do a check to see how many nightfalls are done with solar burn and heavy weight if you wanna see how much of a crutch sleeper is

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I don't have the catalyst yet, but even if I get it I didn't realize how many drat kills you need with each EP weapon... 1k shotgun, 1k sniper, 2k smg :wtc:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Just do a check to see how many nightfalls are done with solar burn and heavy weight if you wanna see how much of a crutch sleeper is

It's stupid easy when you have a titan with melting point and your 2nd weapon is an ikelos.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Even easier when the 3 of you shove a Sleeper right into the boss' taint and fire

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
Is forsaken still ok with your max light level just being the sum of all your stuff on your character instead of explicitly what’s equipped?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
yes

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

MrBond posted:

Is forsaken still ok with your max light level just being the sum of all your stuff on your character instead of explicitly what’s equipped?

that's how it's worked for a while now and it's great. Well to clarify, the theoretical max determines what level drops will be, but what you have equipped determines how strong you are right then. So if you had all light 500 level gear on, but could equip 550 gear, then you'll be treated as 500 for combat but will be getting 550 drops.

... actually when did that happen? Was that a D2 thing, or was that earlier even? I remember at some point you'd have to equip your max level stuff when ranking up vendors and whatever but when did that switch? I honestly can't remember.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I think they started it with TTK.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
It checks the vault and other char inventories to see what you can legally equip to max your power. If you go to a second character make sure to unequip the highest power weapons from the first so those can be considered items that can be equiped by the second character.

Also, if it knows you cant equip 2 exotics of armor or weapons at once. So, if your highest kinetic is a exotic for example, try not to infuse your highest legendary drop (even if its garbage) into a energy or heavy slot if you can help it, because that will lower your max power and lower the power of “powerful” engrams you get.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hiddenriverninja posted:

I think they started it with TTK.

Drops based on light started with TTK but the game being smart enough to calculate the max attainable light started with D2. In TTK you definitely had to max out your own build or get one of the third party utilities to do it.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Kadath posted:

It checks the vault and other char inventories to see what you can legally equip to max your power. If you go to a second character make sure to unequip the highest power weapons from the first so those can be considered items that can be equiped by the second character.

Also, if it knows you cant equip 2 exotics of armor or weapons at once. So, if your highest kinetic is a exotic for example, try not to infuse your highest legendary drop (even if its garbage) into a energy or heavy slot if you can help it, because that will lower your max power and lower the power of “powerful” engrams you get.

The game just looks at your theoretical max power, no need to unequip anything it switch stuff around. You're right that it still takes the only one exotic-rule into consideration though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how effectively our Guardians have gone from wearing ceremonial armor to garbage to standard armor sets back to ceremonial armor to literal garbage. I'm made of scrap and tatters now it rules

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just farm the dreaming city stuff, do well runs until your brain oozes out your ears. That armor seems to have the highest quality perks outside the raid so you might actually get a perfect set of perks at some point.

Everywhere else it's endless sidearm and bow perks.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

If I'm at 1200 valor on reset 1, the broadsword is pretty much out of reach right? I guess I could find a fireteam and win like 10 matches a night but I mean realistically speaking?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/gnGpHXM.gifv

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

That name is a little too on the nose

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/R93ndSp.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how effectively our Guardians have gone from wearing ceremonial armor to garbage to standard armor sets back to ceremonial armor to literal garbage. I'm made of scrap and tatters now it rules

Yeah I wish they'd nut up and fire the idiot designer who's been jacking off to Mad Max for 4 years straight

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Am I missing an obvious way to level up the warlock support subclass? Getting kills with my one grenade is going kind of slowly

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Am I missing an obvious way to level up the warlock support subclass? Getting kills with my one grenade is going kind of slowly

I did all my leveling of subclass in the blind well, just playing normally and having fun doing it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Blind well is a great place to level up your abilities. Also could do that one adventure on IO that shits orbs out at you constantly.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

It's hard on solar well warlock, the hardest actually..

If you have a Starfire protocol chest it helps to use it with fusions and rifts

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Do you have the Sunbracer gauntlets? When you have them on, a charged melee hit triggers a perk that lets you spam as many solar grenades as you can for five seconds.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i did it on solar lock in the well by killing people with the super

the super stacks so you can hoover up all the orbs and create a wall of swords that your teammates cant shoot through

this way you can rack up grenade kills too

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hiddenriverninja posted:

Do you have the Sunbracer gauntlets? When you have them on, a charged melee hit triggers a perk that lets you spam as many solar grenades as you can for five seconds.

Reminder that you need to unlock a charged melee first lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Got a black talon and now I need to dig up some sword ammo armor dang it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Got a black talon and now I need to dig up some sword ammo armor dang it

Sword ammo armor is awesome

poo poo, the buff to swords has been awesome

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cliffhanger

https://i.imgur.com/OeMNRZp.gifv

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I got the bygone, the gambit pulse rifle, and I am not feeling it. All gambit weapons are good, but I can't force myself to use this one.
Maybe the curated rolls one in the shop will be better.
I feel pulse rifles are too slow in general.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

haveblue posted:

Drops based on light started with TTK but the game being smart enough to calculate the max attainable light started with D2. In TTK you definitely had to max out your own build or get one of the third party utilities to do it.

Yeah I remember it being with D2. With bungie reverting back to a more D1 style in forsaken though I wasn’t sure if someone liked the old behavior too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PathAsc posted:

Sword ammo armor is awesome

poo poo, the buff to swords has been awesome

You can block one shot kills with it and it's great. My DC sword just shits on things